SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED-JUSTIFIED

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED-JUSTIFIED

ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED-JUSTIFIED

"Having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. (Ephesians 1:5-6)

ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED Is that not so much greater than wondering if we are well pleasing to the Lord.
Being accepted by someone in this life for who we are and not for what we do to please them,isn't that what we all desire?
Do we ever find ourselves trying to please God and hoping He will accept us by the things we perform?We have already been accepted and He desires to have fellowship with us now because we already please Him,because we have been accepted in the BELOVED,(CHRIST)
Our Standing with God,Our Justification

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."(Romans 5:1-2)

Just stop and look at what is stated in these 2 verses.We are justified and at peace with God by faith and not by any works we have to perform.That is our justification forever and it is also through that faith that we have access into this Grace IN WHICH WE STAND.Yes we are ACCEPTED and can grow in this Grace now in this life.That is our sanctification,being set apart to God forever and can experience that being set apart in this life now as we look forward to the assured hope of being glorified with our Lord and Savior,our glorification.
He wants us to know who we are in Christ and rejoice in that now as we look forward to our being with Him.Just what could this world offer that could top that?NOTHING

"that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him."(Ephesians 1:10)

Oh that day is coming and could be any moment when the Church is complete and we will all be gathered together with our Lord.
Perhaps Today

2016/12/20 9:30Profile
docs

Re: ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED-JUSTIFIED

/ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED Is that not so much greater than wondering if we are well pleasing to the Lord.
Being accepted by someone in this life for who we are and not for what we do to please them,isn't that what we all desire?

Do we ever find ourselves trying to please God and hoping He will accept us by the things we perform? We have already been accepted and He desires to have fellowship with us now because we already please Him, because we have been accepted in the BELOVED,(CHRIST)/

Amen!

I'm tired and weary of trying to do things to make myself more acceptable to God. The finished work of Christ has done that. The more I try to "tighten up" to please God by performing many times it seems the tighter I get.

2016/12/20 17:41Profile
dohzman

Re:

I was going to mention when I first read this that the complete definition of justified was as if I never sinned AND treated accordingly. The problem is that last part, the treated accordingly,personally I second guess and sometimes get so introspect that I never really enjoy the now moments of God, where His mercy and goodness follow me all the days of my life. I do not believe I am alone here, I think that a great many Christians get stuck here we forget that Jesus paid the price and we Are excepted in the beloved..Thought through that is a very humbling thing.

Very good post Dr. excellent reminder.

2016/12/20 17:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy