SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Living in the Presence of the Lord Through Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Living in the Presence of the Lord Through Prayer

Intercessors are those that live in the presence of the Lord, because they are boldly coming into the throne of grace to seek the heart of God. I recently listened to a teaching by Lance Lambert on intercessory prayer, and he was talking about the dear intercessors that he knew in different regions of the world and how they fought a great fight and how they faithfully persevered In prayer and intercession . One of these prayer warriors was on her death bed and Brother Lance was able to visit her before she went on to be with the Lord, and he said that she was so weak that she couldn’t even hold a cup of water in her hand, but that he saw the glory of the Lord on her face, a literal light shining from her. This had to be from spending a life time in prayer and living continuously in God’s presence.

“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16).

“Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

2016/12/18 8:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Living in the Presence of the Lord Through Prayer

Brother Mike, I really appreciate this message. I have felt it in my spirit for a long time, that this was where God was moving me to, to be an Intercessor. I know sometimes he will use conformation from others to get his message to us.
God Bless You Brother

2016/12/18 11:42Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Praise God Brother Bill!

Lance Lambert has said that he believes that the greatest ministry in the Church is the ministry of intercession. There have been instances in the history of revival where only a few intercessors with the burden of the Holy Spirit for revival, prayed down the fire of God on their communities. Once such instance was the Hebrides Revival. Duncan Cambell has said that “two praying women moved God to visit the Isle of Lewis.” The revival began “with two housebound sisters in their eighties, one blind, and the other crippled with arthritis, waging a prayer campaign that delighted heaven and defeated hell.”

2016/12/18 12:03Profile
mama27

Re:

Can you share a link to this message, Mike? I want to be like this woman....

2016/12/18 13:31Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Living in the Presence of the Lord Through Prayer

Amen. and Amen.. it is a privilege to pray..
great post.
In Christ
Frannie

2016/12/21 19:19Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Can you share a link to this message, Mike? I want to be like this woman....

Go to Spiritual Warfare #3:Intercession

https://christiantestimonyministry.com/search-page.php?searchquery=Spiritual+warfare+3+Intercession

Sister, if you go down to 1 hour and 10 minutes on this teaching, you will learn about some of the intercessors throughout the world that Lance Lambert knew personally. Some of them were greatly influenced by Watchman Nee. I would encourage you to listen to the whole teaching.

Lance speaks about intercessory prayer, using many examples from his life. He gave 3 major points:
Mystery of Intercession
Divine Call to Intercession
The Cost of Being an Intercessor.

2016/12/21 22:38Profile
mama27

Re:

I look forward to listening. Thank you so much!

2016/12/21 23:42Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

Thank you for this, brother Mike. I never would have known of this great man of God if it wasn't for Sermon Index.

If I could, I'd also like to recommend a book by Wesley Duewel called "Prevailing Prayer". It is a tremendous book on intercession; I've dubbed it the intercessor's manual. I believe this book was also on Leonard Ravenhill's must-read list.

The Lord Jesus invites all of us to this most blessed ministry, but who will accept the invitation?

2016/12/22 11:00Profile
mama27

Re:

A great blessing, Mike. I will listen a second time. I am not there yet :(

Sister, I own but have not yet read, the Wesley Duewel book. I had the privilege of meeting him in 2009 at an SI conference. Quite a man. Thank you for the recommendation.

2016/12/22 13:56Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

A great blessing, Mike. I will listen a second time. I am not there yet :(

Sister, None of us are there yet. God is not looking for perfect prayers,
but available vessels.

"And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;" (Romans 8:27)d

2016/12/22 15:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy