SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : T.D. Jakes and Broken Windows

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
modivarch

T.D. Jakes and Broken Windows

So I picked up this T.D. Jakes book from the library on audio CD. I was thinking while listening to it in my car if there was something in the book that God would was looking to teach me. About 2 minutes after that my driver side power window broke and shorted out the CD player. So I couldn't even get the CD out to listen to it at work. I wonder what that meant. :lol:

2005/6/8 6:08Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: T.D. Jakes and Broken Windows

chuckles... :-)
This is an interesting illustration of 'guidance' in that it will be interpreted entirely along the lines of our preconceptions of T D Jake!

2005/6/8 7:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: No 'Comment'

Uh... 'No comment' :-)
Hard not to resist the imagination running a bit... Had this brief thought about a certain TV affiliate and television sets...

Sorry to hear about your CD player though, perhaps another attempt with say something of this sort...[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5123&forum=35#42638]Keith Daniel: Two Messages[/url] might produce better results. ;-)

2005/6/8 8:37Profile
dohzman

I wonder what that meant>>>>>>>worn parts?

2005/6/8 10:56Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

...but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable... ;-)

In Christ,

Ron

2005/6/8 12:30Profile
geddingsm

south carolina

Re: TD Jakes

Don't want to start any fuss here but TD Jakes is a "oneness pentcostal" - he doesn't believe in the trinity. I don't have the links handy but can get back with them.
That's aside from the fact that he is also your typical prosperity teacher. plant a seed of faith, God wants you rich etc.
I can't help but be reminded of a quote from KP Yohannan when I see all of Jakes' self-help books:
"If all you're learning his how to live better, be a better husband, wife,mother,father,etc. that's not right, Christianity is about dying not living"

In Him,
geddingsm

2005/6/8 13:42Profile
modivarch

Re:

Yes, I listened to some of another CD from the set today and it was probably some of the most unedifying stuff I've ever listened to.

2005/6/8 17:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

My first reaction was that your window broke! So what? we all have things that break all the time.....if nothing else it teaches us that life here is temporal...including things!!! And I wish mine would last as long as I do. Too wishful, don't you think? (g)

I am not all that helpful, am I?

Ginnyrose

2005/6/8 20:17Profile
modivarch

Re:

The only reason I mentioned the window is that it shorted out the CD player. I fixed it the same day.

2005/6/9 7:43Profile
Nellie

What it meant was, you wasn't supposed to listen to him.
We are all learning, but we need to grow in our Lord Jesus Christ, and these prosperity Preachers are deceiving multitudes.
Pray for decernment.
God Bless
Nellie :-)

2005/6/9 10:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy