SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN by David Wilkerson

So much distress. So much affliction. So much sorrow caused by sickness, disease and disaster. So many hurting believers. So many people facing financial crises.

The Bible tells us, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous” (Psalm 34:19). However, the second part of this verse changes the meaning entirely: “But the Lord delivereth him out of them all.”

David cried, “Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions” (Psalm 132:1). This godly man faced many troubles. His prayer was, “Lord, You have delivered others out of their afflictions. Don’t forget about me! Help me, deliver me.”

The apostle Paul also endured many afflictions. He wrote: “The Holy Ghost [testifies to me] in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions [await] me” (Acts 20:23). Paul added, “No man should be moved by these afflictions” (1 Thessalonians 3:3). He was saying, “Dear saints, don’t question why I have to face so many great afflictions. These things do not cause me to question God.”

“But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses” (2 Corinthians 6:4). Note Paul’s emphasis here: “in much patience.” Have you been losing patience in your affliction? Have you become so discouraged you’ve come to the point of casting aside your faith?

Lay hold of the Scriptures and let faith arise in your heart. God has not forgotten you!

2016/12/9 7:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy