Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : IN HIS PRESENCE by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 IN HIS PRESENCE by David Wilkerson

As you continually reflect on Scripture and commune with Him in prayer and worship, you will become more and more like Jesus. And as you see how loving and merciful He is to you, you will trust Him more and more to see you through all trials. His Word makes it clear: “The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him” (2 Chronicles 16:9).

Seek Him with all your heart and desire His presence in your daily life. Then you will know and experience His incredible glory.

I cannot imagine how unbelievers can know any peace whatsoever in these perilous times without the presence and assurance of Jesus. Fear and anguish now hang over humankind like a black cloud.

At a recent gathering of some of the richest men on earth, one speaker said in an agonized tone, “We are all in the worst possible mess. We brought it on ourselves, and we do not know how to get out of it.”

I thank God for the nearness and closeness of Jesus in this awful hour. I am taking all my anxious fears and cares to a quiet place of prayer, where I simply love Jesus. I quietly worship Him there, thanking Him and committing all my pains, stresses and family cares to Him. I daily sing that old gospel song:

Shut in with God in a secret place,
There in His presence beholding His face,
Gaining new power to run in the race,
I long to be shut in with God.

Beloved, Jesus is going to walk with you through your troubles. He rejoices over you. You are going to make it, dear overcomer.

2016/12/8 7:37Profile
aladdchc

Illinois, USA

Re: IN HIS PRESENCE by David Wilkerson

I appreciate this short excerpt of DW. My thoughts also. He truly set an example in our lifetime as a follower of Christ.My gift from this reading is to spend more time in the Word. Its beneficial to read experiences and testimonies of so many thousands but the whole Truth is of course in the word. I understand the authors cannot contain the spirit and found publishing a sound way of expression and preaching throughout the whole earth. Fulfilling the commission. Though also it is written much devotion to the many books is wearisome to the flesh. Eccl 12:12. Surely glad to have the Bible. Thanks Greg.
Aaron

2016/12/18 1:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy