SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Christmas - Why December 25?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: me...me...me

Re: Dickens' quote

"There are many things from which I might have derived good by which I have not profited,...Christmas among the rest...I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good;"

No Gospel! No God! No Lord Jesus Christ! No repentance! No faith! No salvation!

Just an entertaining movie about me, myself and I!

Just more evidence of the truth of what I wrote in my last post.

But, like the commercial used to say about some "I want my MTV!", so, many others will continue to say, "I want my Christmas!"

But Jesus is still saying, "Unless you deny your Self, take up your cross daily, and follow Me, you cannot be My disciple."

2016/12/11 5:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You are hilarious!

Now if you excuse me I have to water the Christmas tree. It's still drinking away.

2016/12/11 8:12Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by savannah
But Jesus is still saying, "Unless you deny your Self, take up your cross daily, and follow Me, you cannot be My disciple."

Are you alluding that if a Christian celebrates (what you called) the most 'indulgent' time of the year that they cannot be Christ's disciple?

2016/12/11 9:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

No one knows the real birthday of Jesus! No date is given in the Bible. Back many, many years ago, someone decided to celebrate Christ's birth on December 25. Some folks get to carried away and have to dissect everything, it's just a day that most choose to celebrate the birth of Christ. If we found a new born child somehow, maybe during war, or someone just left somewhere, because they did not want the child. Maybe we were able to adopt that child, but we did not know the birth date of that child, would we still set a day we would celebrate the child's birthday? I know I would, and I would not have to spend thousands of dollars, to find any scientific proof of the day the child was born, I would set a date, and be done with it. I celebrate Christ's birthday on December 25, and celebrate Christ everyday, no one is making anyone do the same, so what's the problem?

2016/12/11 11:08Profile
savannah

Re: no problem

Who can be His disciple? Jesus already answered! No need to add to His Word. His sheep hear His Voice/Spirit speaking.

His Word and His Spirit speaks again,

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possibly, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.

Jesus put these following words in my mind as I meditated upon Him in prayer and in His Word,

Therefore, let those who are watering their Christmas trees, water their Christmas trees, but you follow me.

1 Corinthians 3:6-9

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building."

Put on the whole armor of God!

2016/12/11 12:25Profile
jochbaptist

Re: Christmas - Why December 25?

Why December 25?

To cellebrate a manmade tradition on a day coinciding with a pagan festival, incorporating most of its pagan symbolism and objects. In order to cloud divine mysteries such as God's incarnation, virgin birth and humility, constraining them to a debauched, dying world's consideration for one single day of the year. While thinking they are doing God a favour, some of His less discerning sheep join in, and create more confusion.

That is why.

Mark 7:13 NIV
Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

2016/12/11 12:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
jochbaptist In order to cloud divine mysteries such as God's incarnation, virgin birth and humility, constraining them to a debauched, dying world's consideration for one single day of the year. While thinking they are doing God a favour, some of His less discerning sheep join in, and create more confusion.

Guess you're speaking for yourself, I'm not clouded at all. Christmas does none of the above in my life. I will say your attempt at stereotyping, was a fairly good attempt, but not good enough to confuse REAL believers. Have a wonderful day unless you have other plans.

"some of His less discerning sheep join in"
You might want to read:
Ephesians 4 29-32

2016/12/11 15:21Profile
savannah

Re: a day or a life

"To cellebrate a manmade tradition on a day..."

Some christians battle for a day, December 25. When we all know that the incarnation is not a day but rather a life.

Christ in us, the hope of glory!

This day will in time, be buried by the syncretism which it began with, and end on the 26th as quickly as it began.

But when Christ was buried, He arose and is alive forevermore.

So, celebrate life Who is our life, not just a day which has no life in it, which men have named Christ-mass.

Q. What will christians in North Korea and other persecuted countries be doing on December 25?

A. The exact same thing they're doing all year!

2016/12/11 16:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest." ~Linus Van Pelt

2016/12/11 17:25Profile
savannah

Re: worldly wisdom

Charlie, Linus, and Lucy are the new prophets of the American Church. And the people love it so!

Matthew 20:20-22

and he saith to them, ‘Whose [is] this image and the inscription?’ they say to him, ‘Caesar’s;’ then saith he to them, ‘Render therefore the things of Caesar to Caesar, and the things of God to God;’ and having heard they wondered, and having left him they went away.

2016/12/11 17:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy