SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Words that almost all Christian leaders never say publicly

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Why pick on leaders instead of examine ourselves first, especially on this forum?
Will those without sin alone please stand up !

2016/12/5 23:49
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

....so we can cast that lying spirit out of you!... :)

2016/12/6 1:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Leaders in the body of Christ are held to a much higher standard.

--

1 Timothy 3:1-13 New International Version (NIV)

Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons
3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

8 In the same way, deacons[b] are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

11 In the same way, the women[c] are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.

12 A deacon must be faithful to his wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

2016/12/6 6:42Profile

Re:

Tim/Dolfan

Those are good, well thought out add ons you added. Maybe we could write a book!

2016/12/6 9:15
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Frank, it would be a confession the likes of which I don't think anyone would be helped by it. :)

2016/12/6 9:53Profile

Re:

I recently asked a rep of a famous, well regarded church group regarding a speaker they had in their pulpit who was of a dubious character. I did point out some of the issues regarding the speaker on their Facebook page,
Instead of dealing with the issue (they did not disagree with me) they pulled the comments after 5 days and the post disappeared.
So I emailed them regarding this.
The response was: What would the congregants think of the leadership if they had admitted having this man speak was a mistake . So instead of dealing with the mistake they simply removed the post. Humility would of done them good rather than coverup.

2016/12/6 19:01

Re:

Quote: "Leaders in the body of Christ are held to a much higher standard."
Yes but Why do we look at the speck in our leader's eye, but fail to notice the beam in our own eyes?

2016/12/6 19:19

Re:

Maybe because some of us do not pretend to be the mighty and untouchable , infallible "special" servants of the Lord .

2016/12/6 19:25
Jeremy221

Re: tone

EDIT: I have been shown the log of bitterness in my own eye. Frank, I ask you to pray for me.

Frank,

Your tone is very accusative. In other people who speak about leaders with a similar tone, I have found that they are harboring unforgiveness or jealousy. A recent example continually harps on a brother who has faithfully served for decades but has acknowledged error he has fallen into over the years and repented. The harper himself is backslidden and full of jealousy because no one has acknowledged him in addition to all the theological error he holds. I'm not saying this is you. The reason I brought this up is because they way your writing comes across is very bitter. As it is written in Hebrews:

Quote:
Hebrews 12:14-15 KJV
[14] Follow peace with all men , and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: [15] Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you , and thereby many be defiled;

If this is not your condition, let's clarify it and set it aside.

2016/12/7 5:15Profile
savannah

Re: accusative

Jeremy221 wrote,

"Frank,

Your tone is very accusative. In other people who speak about leaders with a similar tone, I have found that they are harboring unforgiveness or jealousy."

Jeremy221,

You've discerned correctly! This is not an isolated post from him, some of his other posts are similar.

Take note, he never did reply to clarify, as you requested.

2016/12/10 22:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy