SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Led zeppelin and Bob Dylan Christians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Awakened
Thank you for your reminder of the rules and this obviously nothing to do with Authority and whether the website is privately owned is not an issue,
Yours Staff

2016/12/4 17:44Profile

Re:

Bob Dylan did not say he sold his soul to the devil. It was taken from an interview done with 60 minutes news show from 2004 with Ed Bradly. That is absolutely not true. He did NOT say that at all. Those words were written in by the religious crackpot who suggested that Bob meant the chief command was satan. This is a gross twisting of Bob's words You can listen to it for yourself on youtube.
So if you are going to report at least report the truth about what he said.

Secondly Bob did say this in public this recently about his faith in 2015

"The rock icon was given the Person of the Year award by the charity organization MusiCares on Friday, and made a half-hour speech about his own career, the state of songwriting and why making great art is all about “confounding expectations.”

As part of the trend of confounding his critics, he also announced that he’s working on a new Gospel album with Christian music legends The Blackwood Brothers.
After reading several verses of the song “Stand By Me” (including “In the midst of faults and failures / Stand by me / When I do the best I can / And my friends don't understand / Thou who knowest all about me / Stand by me”), he said,

That's the song. I like it better than the pop song. If I record one by that name, that's going to be the one.

Bob in 2009 being interviewed regarding his Christmas album

BILL FLANAGAN: You really give a heroic performance of O’ LITTLE TOWN OF BETHLEHEM The way you do it reminds me a little of an Irish rebel song. There’s something almost defiant in the way you sing, “The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight.” I don’t want to put you on the spot, but you sure deliver that song like a true believer.

BOB DYLAN: Well, I am a true believer.

Amen

2016/12/4 17:46
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This has nothing to do with whether there is a link between Led Zepplin and Satanism.Its to do with the accusaation that I was put up a link that was satanic.I think you should read carefully what was being debated,what was being linked and I think an apology is due.If your conscience is clear and you dont feel an apology is due that between you and God.

Brother,

I am sorry you were offended, the thread was also locked as it was on a topic that was not really going anywhere and some saints were being misunderstood. Also when we start to share secular music like Led Zepilin or Bob Dylan, I really felt the conversation was not worthwhile in its direction.

To be clear, whether or not both of them made a profession of faith does not sanctify their music and we should not feel a clear conscience to enjoy music they produced in sin and a lifestyle that is contrary to the gospel.

it is clear that Led Zepilin was not a christian and was involved DEEPLY in the occult. So therefore to have his music played by anyone is NOT suitable for SermonIndex or in my personal estimation a Christian.

Bob Dylan is the same situation where even if he did make a profession of faith (which it does not seem clear at all he did) then how does that sanctify his music? If you search "bob dylan christian" on youtube he did make a profession of faith but has not seemingly continued in this.

2016/12/4 19:53Profile
savannah

Re: inspired by hell

By whom were these musicians inspired? They were certainly not led by the Spirit of God!

But they were Led by a Zeppelin! Ironically, they chose such a name for their group due to someone who said that they'd never be successful, but rather would go down like a led zeppelin.

Greg is correct in associating them with satanic and occultic roots. Jimmy Page, the legendary lead guitarist of this band, owned the largest occult bookstore in England called the Equinox.

This rock and roll band just happened to be one of my idols before Jesus saved me. My music collection estimated $30,000.00. I destroyed that evil collection, and tossed it into the dumpster. I never regretted it, nor went back to listening to the devil's music. By the grace of God, I can say along with Keith Green, that, "Nothing lasts...except the grace of God...by which I'm saved."

The devil's music is a snare to many, especially youth, as the musicians are his proclaimers and prophets, promising liberty but delivering bondage.

No christian ought to have anything to do with even a remake of their devil inspired music lyrics and songs!

To the dung heap with anything having even a stain of such hellish origin.

2016/12/5 4:36Profile

Re:

Greg wrote:

"If you search "bob dylan christian" on youtube he did make a profession of faith but has not seemingly continued in this."

Here is some of the songs Bob wrote about Jesus and performs in concert to this day:

WAITIN' FOR YOU
TRYIN' TO GET TO HEAVEN
STANDING IN THE DOORWAY
DIGNITY
GOD KNOWS
SHOOTING STAR
WHAT GOOD AM I?
RING THEM BELLS
MAN OF PEACE
EVERY GRAIN OF SAND
SAVING GRACE
IN THE GARDEN
SOLID ROCK
I BELIEVE IN YOU
GOTTA SERVE SOMEBODY
FOREVER YOUNG
I SHALL BE RELEASED
DOWN IN THE FLOOD

These songs he did not write but performs still:

A VOICE FROM ON HIGH
HALLELUJAH I'M READY TO GO
SOMEBODY TOUCHED ME
I AM THE MAN THOMAS
THIS WORLD CAN'T STAND LONG
ROCK OF AGES
PASS ME NOT O GENTLE SAVIOR
WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO SHINE
A SATISFIED MIND
I'LL NOT BE A STRANGER
RANK STRANGERS TO ME
MAN OF CONSTANT SORROW

Here is Bob in Israel in 2011 singing a song he wrote called Chang my way of thinking, Here are some of HIS lyrics that he sung at Tel Aviv,

"Jesus is calling
He's coming back to gather His jewels
Jesus is coming
He's coming back to gather His jewels
The sun is shining
Ain't but one train on this track
Storms on the ocean
Storms out on the mountain too
Oh Lord
You know I have no friend without you "

In public, In Israel of all places he sings his own composition about JESUS

You cannot lump him in with the others.

2016/12/5 12:53
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I am going to close this thread and just state publically I am sorry if I offended or hurt any brother by what I said, my goal was not to single out any brother but to make it clear that we do not want these type of music or even allusions to it on SermonIndex.

We are locking this thread and will trust the Holy Spirit can guide in areas of conscience on music we can listen to in our own homes.

2016/12/5 14:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy