SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Whosoever Will Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

GOD JUSTIFIETH THE UNGODLY AND THE HEATHENS!

Romans 4:3-5, "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Gal, 3:8, "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

Now look at this part closely - GOD JUSTIFIETH THE UNGODLY AND THE HEATHENS!

Are you shocked and surprised that God justifies the ungodly and the heathens? It is by the Cross that God has saved wicked men and received to Himself the vilest of the sinners. See how this Scripture plainly states it. God makes those just who are unjust, forgives those who deserve to be punished, and favors those who deserve no favor.

Is not the gospel for the ungodly and the sinners?

2016/11/30 9:54
TMK

NC, USA

Re: GOD JUSTIFIETH THE UNGODLY AND THE HEATHENS!

Tuc-

The Calvinist will twist your verses to mean that atonement was only effective for (limited to) those heathens who God chose in advance to save. The other poor heathens have no recourse. It's a repellant doctrine that unfortunately great men of God have believed.

2016/11/30 10:19Profile
savannah

Re: great men of God

Just the tip of the iceberg of some of the great men of God who believed/believe these truths -

Paul Washer -
George Mueller - (missionary to orphans)
Andrew Fuller (1754–1815),founder of the Baptist Missionary Society
Wayne Grudem (1948–), American theologian and author
Adoniram Judson (1788–1850), first Protestant missionary sent from North America to preach in Burma
Albert Mohler (1959–), American theologian and president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
John Piper (1946–), American preacher and author
David Platt (1979–), American pastor and President of the International Mission Board
Arthur W. Pink: 1886-1952 (Bible teacher and theologian)
Augustus Toplady: 1740-1778 (author of "Rock Of Ages" and other hymns)
Benjamin Keach: 1640-1704 (1689 Baptist Confession)
B.H. Carroll: 1843-1914 (founder south Western Theological Seminary)
Charles Spurgeon: 1834-1892 (famous Baptist preacher)
Francis Schaeffer: 1912-1984 (author of "How Shall We Then Live" video series)
George Whitefield:1714-1770 (evangelist & preacher)
J.C. Ryle: 1816-1900 (writer, pastor, evangelical preacher)
J.P. Boyce: 1827-1888 ( founder Souther Baptist Theological Seminary)
John Bunyan: 1628-1688 (author of Pilgrim's Progress)
John Calvin: 1509-1564 (preacher & Bible scholar)
John Foxe: 1516-1587 (author of Foxe's Book Of Martyrs)
John Gill: 1697-1771 (renowned theologian and Bible commentator)
John Knox: 1513-1572 (founder of Presbyterianism)
John Newton: 1725-1807 (wrote the hymn "Amazing Grace")
John Owen: 1616-1683 (theologian and author)
Jonathan Edwards: 1703-1758 (evangelist)
Martyn Lloyd-Jones: 1834-1892 (pastor and theologian)
Martin Luther: 1483-1546 (Protestant Reformer)
Matthew Henry: 1662-1712 (famous Bible commentator)
Roger Willilams: 1603-1683 (founded the first Baptist church in America)
William Carey: 1761-1834 (missionary)
William Wilberforce: 1759-1833 (slavery abolitionist)

2016/11/30 10:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes it is truly unfortunate.

2016/11/30 11:00Profile

That does not make it true

I could post a list of Godly men who disagree with these things but that would not prove anything.

2016/11/30 11:04

Re: Quote from SI Guidelines

///We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, CALVINISM/ARMINIANISM and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit SO WE ASK SAINTS TO NOT TO START THESE DISCUSSION THREADS on SermonIndex.

Btothers just bringing this up as FYI from Point 8 of SI Community Principles. Greg has asked us that we not start these discussions on Calvinism vs. Arminianism. We should honor his request as he is the administrator of this forum.

Just simply my two cents worth.

-bbs-

Caps for emphasis only.

2016/11/30 12:15

Re:

Quote:
The fact is, the love of God is a truth for the saints only, and to present it to the enemies of God is to take the children's bread and to cast it to the dogs.

I had my doubts about you Savannah but this is beyond the pale. That statement is outright blatant false teaching...a lie from the pit of hell. Can someone please toss this rubbish in the trash where it belongs.

2016/11/30 14:28
proudpapa

Re:

RE: /// I had my doubts about you Savannah but this is beyond the pale. That statement is outright blatant false teaching...a lie from the pit of hell. Can someone please toss this rubbish in the trash where it belongs.///

It was not Savannah's personal writing, it was a quote of A.W Pink that he posted and provided the SI link for.

edit : clarity

2016/11/30 20:02Profile
savannah

Re: doubts

If you click the link in the OP you will find that proudpapa is correct.

What you call, "outright blatant false teaching...a lie from the pit of hell...rubbish...", can be found on the sermonindex website by just clicking the link.

You seem to be a tad angry, but maybe I'm just choosing to think it to be true, because really you aren't.

Thanks for your interest in the thread.

2016/11/30 20:13Profile
docs

Re:

I was throwing a frisbee with a friend of mine in a park one day in 1972. I had been caught with marijuana and hash a few months before and was waiting to go to trial. I had grown sick of the drug culture and my life yet was unable to change anything and was deeply frustrated and afraid and tired and spent. I was living outside of Christ and as an enemy of God, A man was across the street on a porch watching us and the Lord prompted him to come across the street and share Christ with us. He his own self had been saved about a year before. So as an agent of reconciliation this complete stranger came across the street and spoke with us concerning Christ and it worked. To an enemy of God he dared mention that God loved sinners and us. He presented to us through his words and manners a effectual demonstration of the lowliness and meekness of Christ. Telling us God loved us even in our sin did not cauterize my conscience or assure me in my sin. It convicted me. He took the children's bread and broke it among is and asked us to taste even while enemies of God. He wasn't offended by my sinful state. He set a sumptious table before us made up of the children's bread and asked us to taste and savor while he prepared the next bite for us. He came and addressed enemies of God. He shared scripture with us and prayed for us children of wrath. I took many friends to see him and he welcomed them and probably 15 to 20 people ended up getting saved. All because he looked past our sin as God did in Christ and was willing to share the children's bread among the enemies of God. Many dogs came and ate from the table and became heirs of salvation and friends of God.

2016/12/1 4:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy