SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New Canada Bill: Hate crime to refuse gender-neutral pronouns

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New Canada Bill: Hate crime to refuse gender-neutral pronouns

A new Bill in Canada which aims to prohibit discrimination against gender expression – the gender a person presents themselves as – has been heavily criticised by a professor of psychology.

Dr Jordan Peterson, of the University of Toronto, said the controversial Bill C-16 could result in him being charged with a hate crime for refusing to use gender-neutral pronouns such as ‘ze’ and ‘zir’ instead of ‘he’ and ‘she’ at work.
He said: “It’s the first time I’ve seen in our legislative history where people are attempting to make us speak their language.” ...

read more: http://www.christian.org.uk/news/new-canada-bill-hate-crime-refuse-gender-neutral-pronouns/

2016/11/24 6:51Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: New Canada Bill: Hate crime to refuse gender-neutral pronouns

Wow. Dark times. Peppy people. The irony of it all. Makes me think of Sting.

Sting, the singer/songwriter, has a knack for that in song. Darkness to a peppy tune. "Message In A Bottle", "Walking On The Moon", "So Happy I Can't Stop Crying", "Roxanne", "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You", others. All very catchy. All very dark. But they are fun, right?

That is the new irony reality. Lotsa fun darkness, peppy people calling us out to dance to the catchy tunes of darkness. They sing and will jail us for not dancing. They play a dirge about their rights and their lack of power and force us into submission and punishment because we won't mourn with them.

Huxley presaged this in "Brave New World". Neil Postman skirted up to the edge of it in "Amusing Ourselves To Death" and "Technopoly". All the more reason to pour ourselves into reading the Word, praying, gathering, gathering, gathering.

2016/11/24 9:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy