Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Sleeping Giant Must Awaken

Ephesians 4:14

For this reason it says,

"Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine on you."

In the early 1800's Napoleon was at the height of his power having conquered much of Europe. In a meeting with his staff they were considering other countries to conquer. In his excitement giddy with power one of his younger officers said, "Emperor Napoleon. Why do we not go and conquer China?" Napoleon sat silent for several minutes until his men looked at him. And then he wisely said, "China is a sleeping giant. Let her alone."

I remember watching the movie Tora Tora Tora. At the end of the movie The Japanese were celebrating their victory on the attack of Pearl Harbor. The movie shows Admiral Yamamoto standing on the deck of the aircraft carrier looking into the ocean thoughtfully. As one of his younger pilots came up and was remarking about their victory over the Anerican navy. Yamamoto thoughtfully replied, "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant."

One does not want to awaken a sleeping giant. For if they do they will have their hands full. There is a remnant that is asleep in America. There is a remnant that God is going to awaken. There will be a remnant that Satan will have his hands full of.

Right now Satan laughs and scoffs and scorns the church, the evangelical church, as she now exists in America. Evangelicals giddy with power from the election think they have power. Satan is merely laughing and scorning.

The one church that Satan does not sneer at is the church in China. The one church that Satan does not sneer at is the church in Iran. The one Church that Satan does not smear at is the church in Somalia. The one church that Satan does not sneer at is the persecuted Church. He will try to destroy it and kill it. But he does not sneer at it or mock it. Because this is the church that overcomes and defeats the devil. For those who embrace the cross and die to themselves and are not afraid of even losing their lives for Jesus are the ones that Satan fears. For these are the ones who go all out and will live for Jesus.

I believe that God is raising up such a remnant here in America who will not be afraid the lay down everything for the Lord Jesus Christ. That to be His witnesses and to go and to reach the Lost.

Our brother Denny Kenaston has left us a powerful message entitled The Anabaptist Vision. But the brother also speaks of an apostolic vision. An apostolic vision for the remnant that God is raising up in America.

Very powerful, anointed message worth listening to.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=17840

-bbs-

2016/11/23 10:48
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A Sleeping Giant Must Awaken

A fable by Aesop:

Belling the Cat

Long ago, the mice had a general council to consider what
measures they could take to outwit their common enemy, the Cat.
Some said this, and some said that; but at last a young mouse got
up and said he had a proposal to make, which he thought would meet
the case. "You will all agree," said he, "that our chief danger
consists in the sly and treacherous manner in which the enemy
approaches us. Now, if we could receive some signal of her
approach, we could easily escape from her. I venture, therefore,
to propose that a small bell be procured, and attached by a ribbon
round the neck of the Cat. By this means we should always know
when she was about, and could easily retire while she was in the
neighbourhood."

This proposal met with general applause, until an old mouse
got up and said: "That is all very well, but who is to bell the
Cat?" The mice looked at one another and nobody spoke. Then the
old mouse said:

"It is easy to propose impossible remedies."

2016/11/23 12:29Profile

Re: Todd

Why not listen to the message brother? It goes beyond belling the cat. Though I enjoyed the fable.

-bbs-

2016/11/23 13:59
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I did too. Aesop was a pretty smart guy.

The impossible remedy is to expect the church in America to thrive under persecution (like in china or Iran) when there is no state persecution in America.

The only way to thrive under persecution is to experience persecution. 10,000 sermons on preparing will not prepare a person when he is actually faced with real and personal persecution. We must rely on God's grace in that moment. Peter spent three years up close and personal with his Lord, who he confessed to be the Christ, the Son of the living God. Yet he stammered disavowals when questioned by a serving maid.

I do not doubt that persecution would purify and strengthen the American church. But to blame it for not being subject to state persecution seems a tad like proposing an impossible remedy.

2016/11/23 14:13Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Peter spent three years up close and personal with his Lord, who he confessed to be the Christ, the Son of the living God. Yet he stammered disavowals when questioned by a serving maid.///

Peter did more than that :
He romanticized what he would do in the face of persecution.

and he told the Lord :
" I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death."

He determined that : "Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee"

Peter had absolute confidence in what he would do in the face of persecution:
" he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise..."

I Believe Peter leaves us an example of the wrong way to prepare for persecution.

I believe after Calvary that Peter found that the correct motive to face persecution : Not so that he might be Loved by God but because of the Love of God he than could face persecution and do so with the correct motive.

edit : spell clarity

2016/11/23 15:16Profile

Re:

-------Post Deleted------

2016/11/23 15:29

Re:

Brothers are we to assume the American church will not experience persecution? Since Mr. Trump has been elected God will spare us from judgment?

Then when Jesus said if they persecuted me they will persecute you? That is everybody in the rest of the world except believers here in America?

Is this so?

Then what Denny Kenaston, Paul Washer, Don Curran, Brian long, and others are saying in this forum is simply not correct? That is persecution will come up on the remnant Church in America?

Is this so?

-bbs-

2016/11/23 15:36
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I sure haven't said that Bear. Haven't said that at all. In fact I agree that persecution is probably coming. I have no idea when why or how.

My point is that you can't blame the American church that there is no state persecution, yet.

2016/11/23 17:18Profile

Re:

/// My point is that you can't blame the American church that there is no state persecution, yet. ///

Probably because the American church is not living godly as unto Christ Jesus. Something about those that desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

Yeah but what do I know. Think I will go back to the bear den and ride out the apocalypse or hibernate. :)

-bbs-

2016/11/23 17:22
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yeah that's a chicken or the egg debate. Will persecution create an uncompromised church or will an uncompromised church create persecution.

2016/11/23 18:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy