SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is happening beneath the headcovering?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Ok thank you Sree for you recent posts. I can see from the things you post and obviously those who know you that you are quite a gracious brother in person. Just sometimes our words can be much more harsh and don't match our actions, but we all can be guilty of that.

just finished the dinner i made for my wife and I. It was an Indian curry ironically! Not being funny, I like to make authentic curries with fresh spices, etc. I think she enjoyed it!

2016/11/25 14:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Your'e a good man Dave. I love Indian cuisine- unfortunately my wife can't stand it. She says it tastes like "perfume."

2016/11/25 14:31Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Here is a quick summary of my understanding of the issue:

1) this letter of Paul was written to a specific church in a Greek cosmopolitan city
2) the specific church had a lot of issues because of its culture
3) one of the issues was women cutting their hair, perhaps in the worldly style of their day, to look like the short hair that men wore in Corinth
4) these women were trying to take over the church in Corinth
5) Paul wanted to put a stop to this specific problem in this church
6) Paul's practical solution for this specific church was that women should grow their hair longer and wear a head covering as a sign of submission to male leadership.
7) If this was a universal command for all churches, it would seem strange that this is mentioned no where else in scripture.

2016/11/25 14:40Profile
proudpapa

Re: TMK

RE : /// 7) If this was a universal command for all churches, it would seem strange that this is mentioned no where else in scripture. ///

That is a good point.

The rest of what is written I personally can not except, I can not except the cultural argument or the specific case arguement.

2016/11/25 15:01Profile
proudpapa

The covering represents men having an influence over the conscience of other men. (covering between the Man and His Head which is Christ)

2016/11/25 15:14Profile
proudpapa

Re:

The Womans covering is the influence of her Husband, She is to : "be in subjection" to him in as much as he does not lead her into sin.

Add : "the influence" for technical clarity

2016/11/25 15:23Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered that is to say (not under the subjection of her husband) dishonoureth her head (which is her husband)

2016/11/25 15:35Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Take those first little steps that I just gave and continue reading for yourselves : This is what I did and I encourage everyone else to do it for yourselves :

I would encourage each individual to set aside all preconcieved views, set aside what your favorite preacher told you. ((Set aside church tradition)) ((set aside the commentaries )) ((set aside your circles view))
"And prayerfully and carefully study the text.
Believe what is written and be willing to change your view on the subject.
Keep in mind the over all theme of 1 Cor. that started in chapter 1.
Pay attention to the theme of the previous chapter.
Pay very close attention to the word "But" in verse 3.
Pay very close attention to what the heads are.

And use a literal translation and use a concordance and do a word study on words such as : exousia ((But do not use a commentary))

and when you come to a portion which is to difficult to understand quiet your mind and remember :
"..the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you.."

And seek a Break through from the Lord on the Text and do so with your spouse."

If you have not done the above I would encourage you not to
belabor your view and if you have done so I believe that you will not try to belabor your point but seek rather to get others to have a break through of the Text for themselves.

2016/11/25 15:38Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I'm guessing all the women, married or single, all around the world, that have accepted Jesus Christ into their lives, that maybe can't read, or just don't have a Bible, will be forgiven, from having no head covering?

2016/11/25 18:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes they will, Bill, but only if their end-time view is correct.

2016/11/25 21:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy