SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Headcoverings for Women?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

2016/11/21 15:18
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Brothers,

Remember that some of us are relatively new to SI and won't know everything that was discussed before.
Just gently nudge us in the right direction 🙂

Sherri, no question is a stupid question especially when desiring God's will in a matter.

Blessings,

2016/11/21 15:26Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Sherri, it is a valid and fine question. None of us are perfect or have perfect knowledge. The truth is in the Word of God. Your walk with the Spirit as you read and process will align you with Christ and His ways. Do not ever, ever fear the opinions of any of us no matter what we think about 1 Corinthians 11. And never fear the opinion of others. It has been discussed very much here, but that's okay. I think we can all lay our slingshots aside to let you through. :)

2016/11/21 15:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sister Sherri,

Please do not feel bad this is very important to ask about spiritual disciplines and spiritual practices. We cannot worry about some who will think it is legalism or extra rules as we must each follow the best for the Lord Jesus for our walks.

It is clear from the "slow" reading of this passage that a covering is put over the hair as it says: "For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut of"

the long hair is an natural indicator of God's intention in the Church.

--

1 Corinthians 11:1-16New International Version (NIV)

11 1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

On Covering the Head in Worship
2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you. 3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

7 A man ought not to cover his head,[b] since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[c] head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

2016/11/21 16:08Profile

Re:

// I think this topic has been covered extensively on SI. //

If one goes to the search box and types in Threads for Head Coverings. At least about 10 or more screens will come up.

Brother Frank is right. This topic has been extensively covered in Sermon Index.

-bbs-

2016/11/21 16:14

2016/11/21 16:57
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Question concerning "Head Coverings" for women

Dear sister,
I once started a thread about it 8 years ago. It got heated.
I believe the Holy Spirit already witnessed to your conscience otherwise you would not have started this topic.
As always, some bright minds can masterfully explain plain truth away because they do not want to obey it and simple folks understand it because they beg for wisdom from above with the intend to obey revealed truth.

Head covering is a wonderful truth that reveals the mystery of headship. It has been kept throughout the centuries of Christendome but goes against the spirit of this age. We are no more accustomed to terms like submission and obedience any more.

Paul said in the end of the passage, "if anyone wants to be ignorant, let him be ignorant"

2016/11/21 17:02Profile

Re:

Brother Bear stated:

"Brother Frank is right. This topic has been extensively covered in Sermon Index."

Was the topic discussed here in the past regarding head coverings extensively covered or was it covered extensively? Because although they sound similar they may not be the same. Not trying to split hairs but rather trying to understand this important issue and have it fully covered if necessary or not.

2016/11/21 17:51

Re: Frank

Brother you can go back and peruse the threads. The topic has been covered extensively. Now whether it was discussed extensively is another qyestion. I might say it has been argued extensively and quite heatedly. And to be candid and honest I have been one of the ones that has argued the issue. Much to my shame and embarrassment.

Perhaps a question I might ask is this a salvation issue. I only ask in light of the needless arguments that may ensue from this topic.

Simply some questions.

-bbs-

2016/11/21 18:03

Re:

So brother Bear you are saying this topic has been covered extensively but perhaps not discussed extensively. And although it has been argued extensively nothing has been resolved. And so when will the merry-go-round stop on this highly disputable matter come to an end? When Jesus returns or will it continue into the millennium?

2016/11/21 18:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy