SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Judgemental Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: none of your business

If someone makes a dream public, then it is everyone's business to judge whether it be of God or not, by the Word of God.

Especially when the claim is made, that it was an indictment upon the church of God. And that is precisely the claim.

And then it becomes more personal when the poster states, "you are the lady", to another poster who posts the Scriptures in response.

BTW - I am no lady!

Maybe if this dreamer had lay down for a nap he'd have had another dream and would have been shown I was no lady. .

2016/11/12 10:06Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I believe that God can speak through dreams I was just saying is there any biblical basis for it ,

From my original reading of the post I thought it had the exact thing to do with judgement

It is hard to justify things when we know that the bible says that there will be a church that will be apostate

The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Stand Fast

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

When we have the written word of God to know how things turn out

Deutronomy 13
Punishment of Apostates

13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

We should always test a prophecy or dream whether it comes to pass.

Why should God contradict himself as if the word of God says something and someone says something that contradicts it, then I know what that person says is not the word of God.

2016/11/12 12:52Profile
dohzman

Re: My My My

First off, satan nevers calls the church to repentance with the promise of liberty, in the dream the woman represented church leadership, tough for the male ego I know, the message she was so proud of was that of bringing condemnation and used the Word of God to do so, The Word of God says the Law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul, there should be something liberating where the Word of God is given, a quickening spirit, life, Jesus said ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. The dialogue among other people groups was not an indictment but a warning and a call for the church "generic" to become re-engaged in society by repenting praying, seeking God s face asking for wisdom and becoming culturally relevant to a very messed up "present" church mind set that is very prevalent in the US right now among a great many evangelicals. I also took it to heart and sat on it for several months because I was shown a great many things in the course of that dream.

The interpretation of a dream can be very difficult at times as I have mentioned before on a dream I had in 06 about Hiliary Clinton and her being rejected from being president, I had so many different scenarios played out in my head when in fact it was a literal interpretation that as we know happened. The dream at this part of it was simply showing where much of the church was and why they were not seeing a move of God in the salvation of the people they were supposed to be salt and light for, in essence the church had lost its power "with"God in our present culture because of sin, a pointing of the finger, a pride that made us more like judge and jury than witnesses of the grace of God in Christ Jesus.

On a personal note, I see so many very educated and knowledgeable people saying and writing so much, and I do not like to use a multitude of words so when I write something, it really is extremely scaled down, if anyone needs clarification, just ask, I will be more than happy to explain further.

2016/11/12 15:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dom wrote: "I believe that God can speak through dreams I was just saying is there any biblical basis for it"

Hey Dominic- I am not sure I understand your question, since you know there are many many instances of God speaking to people in dreams in the Bible.

What I just realized is that I do not believe there is a single instance in scripture of satan speaking to someone in a dream, at least that I can recall offhand.

2016/11/12 16:56Profile

Re:

Brother Dohzman/D Miller

I believe that what you are saying is true and from the Lord and the Spirit of God has shown you these things. Seeing who the opposition is only strengthens my conviction.

Thanks

2016/11/12 20:19
dohzman

Re: Brother Frank

A very heart felt thank you. God Bless bro. dmiller

2016/11/12 23:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy