SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Sobering Warning...Only a Few Will Heed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

At the risk of being a troll.

This article is the kind of thought process that Blaine is bemoaning. Me, too. Criticize and judge and weigh my comments. Poke holes. Reject. It is all well and good. My feelings are not on my sleeve. But, there is a deep and wide sense in the church in America that something spiritually significant happened on election day and it is just bananas. To the extent of any belief in spiritual significance of the election outcome, it is the result of mixing faith in government with faith in Christ.

http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/prophetic-insight/28075-prophecy-after-wicked-kingdom-toppled-jezebel-curse-broken-off-america

2016/11/15 21:32Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

Jeremiah 23:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Thus says the Lord of hosts:
“Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you.
They make you worthless;
They speak a vision of their own heart,
Not from the mouth of the Lord.
17 They continually say to those who despise Me,
‘The Lord has said, “You shall have peace”’;
And to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say,
‘No evil shall come upon you.’”

2016/11/15 23:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Believers in America are living in la-la land. They are living in a dream world. Believers in America have no concept of what it is to take up their cross to follow Jesus. Believers in America want the benefits of the cross in that it will save them from their sins and the blood of Jesus will deliver them from the domain of the evil one. But Believers in America do not want the demands of the cross and that is to lay everything at the foot of the cross and be prepared to die for Jesus.

When believers voted for Donald Trump they were in essence voting for Donald Trump to maintain the status quo and to continue to live out their comfort and ease in America. Yet they were delivered from Hillary Clinton and the persecutions that she would have certainly braight against the Christians. But in voting for Donald Trump they have voted to continue their prosperous lifestyle and the choke out the Life of Christ as Jesus expounds in the thorny ground hearer. American Christians will continue for a time to maintain their prosperity. But in so choosing they are rejecting The Life of Christ and the purity that will certainly come or would have come through the fires of persecution.

Don Currin is right when he said that the best thing that can happen to the church in America is that she undergo the fire the persecution. I agree with this statement. But right now Satan is laughing his head off at the impotent Church in America. For surely this church that is putting their trust in Donald Trump is no threat to the kingdom of darkness. And I might add on the broad road of destruction.

Saints,

Though we might not all agree with every word Blaine said, he is making a very clear point that is ignored by many including preachers in our day. We are not preaching or leading people in the way of the cross. We are just wanting the benefits of the cross and the american dream lifestyle.

If we are following and putting our hope in america and not in the kingdom of Christ and suffering for it then we are forfeiting the blessings of that kingdom. Demas forsook Paul seeking the "present world" we need to seek first the kingdom of God and set our minds on things above.

What matters is not the preservation of America but the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. False gospels are abounding in America and are going across the world. It might be in the interest of God to shut down the American gospel machine until it starts producing the genuine article again as the world is being affected sorely with a great deception of an easy jesus and cross without any commitment.

For those who have not heard the featured sermon it might help build perspective:

Preparing For Persecution by Don Currin
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=27542&commentView=itemComments

We are all not perfect messengers, blaine included, but he did make a valid point amidst some of the frustration or extremities of what was shared.

This thread is locked.

2016/11/16 7:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy