SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him cruci

Hi Sherri, this is a very good and sound word and a much needed warning about the modern reseurgence of Judaism within the church. I have seen close friends become sucked into the Hebrew roots movement. Usually it is because they met someone with a mystical and higher knowledge about things than themselves. These people are all the same, they are false brethren, infiltrators who have secretly snuck in to spy out the liberties of those who are truly in Christ. Before they were into Hebrew roots they were probably into KJVO theology, and before that they were into some other hackjob elitist theology that painted everybody else as wrong, in sin or not even a Christian.The last thing on their mind is Jesus and the last thing they care about is rightly discerning the Lords body. They are exclusionists and cultic in every way.

The worst way to handle these people is to consider them "brothers and sister". Some of them are for sure but the cultic personalities behind these groups are very, very dangerous. The best thing anyone can do is RUN...get away from their influence before they corrupt you and your family.

2016/11/6 12:06

Re: For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him cruci

Just came across this passage...thinking how important the Word of God is, to heed it. It's good to stand for Truth in the way that pleases the Lord. As I said before, the more I learn, the more I find don't know...so with that being said, I repent for bringing up the past....that wasn't wise. Like our brother said, FORGETTING those things that are behind and pressing forward to what is ahead. Convicting passage below...
(this includes politics)

Titus 3:3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

2016/11/6 13:44
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by sherri2
even now, there's so much I don't understand, yet learning to rightly divide the Word of God. Im not mature in the Lord, mostly a toddler, so please bear with me

A toddler could not have reasoned out what you did!

Be encouraged!!

2016/11/7 7:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by wayneman
My first encounter with the Hebrew Roots/True Names movement was bewildering. A lady sent me a message stating that Hallelujah is "an abomination before the Lord." It is supposed to be spelled Halleluyah.

My first encounter with them was with an email discussion group about 20 yrs ago. At that time, the discussion was on the genetic markers of the Levitical priesthood and of course how all the messanic jews would have those markers!

So of course I chimed in with wouldn't it be awesome to check every born again person's dna with that because I bet Christ changed us ALL. They weren't having any of that because they wanted to be connected with the Levitical priesthood OVER the blood of Christ.

...they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie...
~ 2 Thess 2:10b-11a

Sherri, an excellent title for this thread and the reason we don't follow the crowd...
1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

God bless

2016/11/7 7:37Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I had a friend years ago that was a christian, but he gradually started listening to Judaizers and fell away from faith. He committed suicide, leaving a wife and 3 kids.

2016/11/7 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy