SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 666 Signs Everywhere! What's Going On?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JohnBoruff

666 Signs Everywhere! What's Going On?

Revelation 13:16-18: "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

In the past 2 weeks, my wife and I have been experiencing all these phenomena and signs about 666. Wondering if anyone else is.

- We get a credit card in the mail with a security code on the back: 666. We decided to order one with a different number!

- An elderly woman saint, Peggy Hughey, told my wife on the phone that she just talked with a young Jewish man who was offered money and 666 was an associated number with the transaction.

- Wife saw a license plate: xxx-0666.

- I dreamed about 2 Thess. 2:1-4 (the antichrist).

- Closed vision of Jesus coming on the clouds.

- Working on Excel last week, passed through row 666 and noticed it - same thing today.

- Wife noticed PO Box 666 is just below ours.

- I have seen a few 666 PO Boxes while entering data in Excel these two weeks.

- CVS receipt: $6.66.

I believe things like this can be signs from God. I also believe Satan can give signs to deceive and terrify the saints. But I'll always hold it out as a possibility. I'm just sayin'...we might be closer to Revelation 13 than we think. They say the 'Prophecy of St. Malachy' is about to be fulfilled and the last pope before the antichrist comes, is currently in office (Pope Francis). I'm just sayin'...this could be it folks.

2016/11/4 20:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: 666 Signs Everywhere! What's Going On?

How long do you think those po boxes have been 666? Are suggesting that because you noticed these that this has some significance? You didn't specifically notice all of the other different numbers because 666 has notoriety.

Do you really think that God or the devil is speaking to you through a CVS receipt?

If you do, that's fine I guess.

2016/11/4 21:02Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

For MONTHS, for some unknown reason --- and guys I am making light of nothing, and this is the truth as I live --- I would look at the clock with no consciousness of the matter or any sense of the time, and it read 4:20. Not 4:21 or 4:19. 4:20. Precisely.

This happened no less than 50 times over a period of about 5 - 6 months. It still happens.

I honestly came to find it uncannily amusing. Given that I provide defense to no small number of drug users, it became a purely internal joke. I just thought, "Oh, well, par for the course."

But, in all sympathy to the brother and the 666 frequency, it IS a number. The number of a man. Not the number of a price, a P.O. Box, a receipt, a license plate, etc. Use it to remind yourself of your place in Jesus and His keeping power. Thank Him for the reminder.

2016/11/4 21:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I believe things like this can be signs from God. I also believe Satan can give signs to deceive and terrify the saints. But I'll always hold it out as a possibility. I'm just sayin'...we might be closer to Revelation 13 than we think. They say the 'Prophecy of St. Malachy' is about to be fulfilled and the last pope before the antichrist comes, is currently in office (Pope Francis). I'm just sayin'...this could be it folks.

Brother,

It could very well be the Spirit of the Lord warning you of something you must prepare for. This type of preparation and understanding of what will come upon the earth can be different for saints but in the end we must all go through the Storm.

It is only by looking to Jesus that we will be preserved He is our refuge. But we cannot say that we cannot prepare. The Lord will continue to help you be wise and understand the signs of the times.

In Canada very few cash transactions happen now and people look at me funny for using money and coins!

2016/11/4 21:57Profile
savannah

Re: 666 Signs Everywhere! What's Going On?

If you'd have joined SI this year on June 26th, instead of October 26th, I might have been inclined to think that maybe we are closer to Rev. 13.

As for me, every time I get on the highway I see the number 55. Maybe I should stop ignoring it, because maybe it's a sign.

BTW - One of my favorite songs I used to listen to was called, "Superstitious." But I no longer listen to it.

And I already have the mark anyways! You can read about it in Rev. 7:3 & 9:4.

Take some valerian root in the evening, it'll help you to sleep better!

2016/11/4 22:02Profile
JohnBoruff

Re:

Supposing if these experiences are signs from God - and I'm not saying they are - then I would say that because He is sovereign over the whole world, and he knows where everything already is...if he is trying to communicate something to us, the Holy Spirit can direct our thoughts to our environment in such a way, with consistency and frequency, to get a specific message across. I believe that.

2016/11/5 4:19Profile
JohnBoruff

Re:

Some definitions of the word "superstitious" -

"a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like...irrational fear of what is unknown or mysterious, especially in connection with religion...1375-1425; late Middle English < Latin superstitiōn- (stem of superstitiō), equivalent to superstit- (stem of superstes) standing beyond, outliving...irrational belief usually founded on ignorance or fear and characterized by obsessive reverence for omens, charms...from Latin superstitiō dread of the supernatural, from superstāre to stand still by something (as in amazement)...early 13c., from Old French superstition or directly from Latin superstitionem (nominative superstitio), noun of action from superstare (see superstitious ). Originally especially of religion; sense of "unreasonable notion" is from 1794."

What I can tell you is...

1. These experiences were real, so I don't think that is unreasonable or irrational. Just reporting some facts.

2. No occult going on here. No charms and omens.

3. Try to be careful with the word "superstitious" - a good number of the Puritans brought this word into fashion because they tried to explain away charismatic experiences. It tends to be a favorite word of people who are opposed to the Holy Spirit's communications.

Blessings. :)

2016/11/5 4:26Profile

Re:

Not only this but my pet squirrels and chipmunk converged in the backyard this morning at 10: 10 to get their daily dose of peanuts. I was not home and so my wife fed them, The prophetic significance is that they have never been in our yard on Saturday morning the 4th of Cheshvan, 5777 in the real calendar ever before or since in the space time continuum. Truly this is a harbinger of something or other.

2016/11/5 12:40
JohnBoruff

Re:

There is a book out there that supposedly deals at length with these experiences from a Christian viewpoint: SQuire Rushnell's "When God Winks." I haven't read it, but its the only one I know about.

2016/11/5 13:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

John I did not mean in my post to suggest God does not speak to us. Of course He does. And I know that He winks.

Twice in my life I have asked God to let me see a praying mantis because I think they are cool and I like to see them once in a while. Once I asked this while mowing grass. I went to dump the grass catcher and when I came back a mantis was sitting on the pull cord of the mower. Coincidence? I don't think so. The second time I asked this while mulching. I was spreading mulch around our Japanese maple and when I looked into it there were hundreds of tiny baby mantises that had obviously recently hatched from an egg sac in the tree.

I admit that most of my aversion to the idea of 666 having special significance is that it doesn't square with my eschatology.

2016/11/5 16:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy