SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The "Ravid" Dream

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Popcorn

Re:

Hi, Spirfire:

I've never been bitten by a rabid animal and certainly pray that I haven't gone mad. :-) However, if you think that may be the case, please place me on your heart and on your prayer list. Deception is abhorrent to me.

2005/6/6 20:04Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

I'm glad I could help! We will just give HIM the glory!! It took all of 30 second for me to find the name on the internet, but I knew when I read it that it was what you needed. :-D

2005/6/6 20:04Profile
Popcorn

Re:

Oh, yes, Tinluke - all glory and power and dominion and honor be to our God and to His Christ! (I can still tell Him how much I appreciate you, though, can't I?)

2005/6/6 20:22Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Absolutely! I'll take a compliment anytime...lol

2005/6/6 20:33Profile
Spitfire

Re: No, No!

Quote:
I've never been bitten by a rabid animal and certainly pray that I haven't gone mad. However, if you think that may be the case, please place me on your heart and on your prayer list. Deception is abhorrent to me.

Popcorn, please excuse me. I never meant to say that I think [i]you[/i] are mad. I think the dream indicates something has gone mad in the church, ie, the priest. I witnessed to Tinluke's interpretation. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Love, Dian.

2005/6/7 7:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Dreams

Quote:
It took me a long time and a lot of prayer before I even had the confidence of the Lord's permission to post it here. If it's not from the Lord, let every word fall impotent to the ground and let absolutely NO fruit spring up from it. All I can do is what I've done. I've published what the Lord gave to me in a place where others can read it and run with it. If it is truly a message to the Church from Almighty God, then the Holy Spirit will bear witness with your spirit and God, Himself, will lead us to a place of life in Himself through His dear Son, Jesus.

Quote:
Deception is abhorrent to me.

Your honesty is endearing! Sorry for the penchant to overdose on caution and this goes a long way in clarifying. Have a few things that come from dreams that I keep written down, things borne out of prayer and the strange phenomenon of dozing off at times in the middle of... prefer to keep them usually 'in mind' and to just let what may come, come, often because there is just confusion as to meaning and often times [i]origins[/i]. That is not to say anything more nor less. Hmmm, had something rather strange just last week, maybe will throw it out there for musing at some point.

The biggest danger that seems to be so rampant in our time is that (not here, in this case mind you) there seems to be so little reflection and a jump to exegete everything that crosses our mind, all the while forgetting so many other exhortations such as:

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

and the preceding verse's...

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Think there is more to this than mets the eye, even the seemingly 'good' can be used to cause confusion, disruption, divisiveness. Certainly the devil is not a master at deception by using the obvious, but the 'craftiness' which is so manifest in pitting brethren one against the other often times and that with a favorite tactic, to stir up the latent pride within.

Here is something that came across this morning as well. And with a caveat, this is in generalities here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And the child Samuel ministered to the Lord before Eli. The word of the Lord was rare in those days, and there was no revelation" (I Samuel 3:1).

In every respect the times in which we live are comparable to I Samuel 3. A genuine word from God is rare, and there is no open vision. In other words, most of the people who see something do not have revelation to really know what they are seeing - hence, it remains closed, or worse, it is misinterpreted and becomes a delusion. There is an abundance of words, dreams, visions, and prophecies today, but I repeat: a GENUINE word from God is rare, and there is little REVELATION. Do you understand my meaning? And the priesthood as represented by Eli is old, fat, and blind: operating as always, still standing in the place of the priest, but already under judgment.

What is the problem? No one ministers to the Lord. Everyone is for themselves. Except for one child who ministers to the Lord - and THAT is the one to whom the Lord revealed Himself. There is no revelation apart from relationship. I learned this the hard way.

Chip Brogden
http://www.watchman.net/daily

2005/6/7 10:34Profile
Popcorn

Re:

Thank you, Dian. I had an inclination that that was the case. That's why I sent you a smiley face in my message. Still, please keep me in your prayers as I will keep you in mine.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and all our Christian brothers and sisters at the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Come, Lord, Jesus.

2005/6/7 11:10Profile
Popcorn

Re:

You're right to be cautious and to urge caution in matters like this, Chip. I thank you for that.

The Lord and His kingdom is what I seek first and I do bring every thought and imagination into captivity under the Blood of Jesus. It's very frightening to me to move out in my own imagination and say: "The Lord said . . ." God hates that and He will not allow such a thing or such a person to stand for very long. Oh, He'll give that person space and time to repent of that wickedness, but He won't wink at it or tell us not to worry about it. I just won't trample on the Blood of Christ - He is too precious to me to do that.

Even though God is my Father, I love and respect Him as a Mighty King who has absolute authority over my life. Chip, I don't have breath without Him and, what's more, I don't want breath without Him. I worship and adore Him with everything that is in me. It is truly my will that His Will be done in all things and in my life, even as it is done in Heaven.

When you mentioned Eli and Samuel in your note, I remembered asking the Lord about their situation. There was Eli (as you mentioned), old, fat, and blind: operating as always, still standing in the place of the priest, but already under judgment and with two sons who were evil and operating wickedly in the temple with their father's permission. He certainly didn't take them to task over their behavior. Samuel was the one who served the Lord, but he grew up in the atmosphere of Eli and Eli's evil sons. Although Samuel, himself, was faithful before God and God blessed him by not letting any of his words fall to the ground, Samuel also had sons who were evil. That's the very reason the people wanted a king - like everyone else had - they did not want to be ruled by Samuel's wicked sons.

I asked the Lord about it and it was made clear to me that THAT is why we have to guard what comes into our eyes and into our ears and into our hearts. Even though Samuel was faithful to God, he grew up viewing and hearing the unfaithfulness of Eli and his sons and it rubbed off. Samuel's growing up in that atmosphere had an effect on how Samuel would bring up his own sons.

So, I ask you - all of you: Is it divisive to bring unGodly behavior to the attention of our Brothers and Sisters in the Church (I include the Pastors in this)? It seems that, these days, any suggestion of rebuke or admonishment is viewed as divisive, accusatory - satanic - and not as a loving stroke that would bring us out of error. Of course we must do this with great caution, making certain our motives are in line with God's Word and taking the beam in our own eye out first. Nevertheless, when someone tells me something I need to hear to bring me out of error, I love them for it. It isn't an attack on me and I don't view it that way.

With all that said, the overall message of the dream was very clear to me. The only thing that was not clear to me was that one word - Ravid - and now even that has been made clear.

In Proverbs 25:2 it says: It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

Praise His Holy Name!

2005/6/7 12:04Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

After reading the original post, I wouldn't mind adding a couple of verses to the conversation. Both are from the fifth chapter of Ecclesiasties, verses three and seven, "For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; .... For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God."

Likewise the book of Hebrews begins by telling us that God used to speak to Israel's Fathers through prophets, but that in these last days God has spoken through Jesus Christ.

Given then, that dreams are typically the result of activity (rather than divinity), and that in the multitude of dreams there is vanity (emptiness), and given that God speaks to His church through Christ now, rather than through prophets - I make a point of being careful when it comes to handling dreams. In this case, I would be inclined to chalk it up as the vain meanderings of a busy mind, or, if one insists that it is of divine origin, then I would take it as a personal instruction - not for public consumption.

Grace and peace,

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/6/7 13:28Profile
Popcorn

Re:

Hi, Dann.

I also found the following scriptures referring to dreams in the New Testament.

God bless you.

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 1:19-21 (in Context) Matthew 1 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 2:12
And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
Matthew 2:11-13 (in Context) Matthew 2 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 2:13
[ The Escape to Egypt ] When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him."
Matthew 2:12-14 (in Context) Matthew 2 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 2:19
[ The Return to Nazareth ] After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
Matthew 2:18-20 (in Context) Matthew 2 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 2:22
But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee,
Matthew 2:21-23 (in Context) Matthew 2 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 27:19
While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."
Matthew 27:18-20 (in Context) Matthew 27 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 2:17
" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
Acts 2:16-18 (in Context) Acts 2 (Whole Chapter)

IN ADDITION: The whole book of Jude teaches us the danger of false teachers who have taken the way of Cain - doomed by Almighty God to be a wanderer - they have rushed for profit into Balaam's error; they have been destroyed in Korah's rebellion. These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm - shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted - twice dead. (Jude 11-12)

2005/6/7 14:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy