Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : We are all grasshoppers.. (:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

We are all grasshoppers.. (:

October 30
A Grasshopper Like Me
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Psalm 8:3,4
Every once in a while I’ll meditate on the vastness of God and the littleness of man. I think of the One who knows every inhabitant of the earth by name, and has every hair numbered. He knows our beginning from our end. The more I think about Him, the smaller I become.
Then I think of His love; how the One who created every living thing, every species of every tree and every flower, was willing to leave His place of prominence to save a grasshopper like me. “Lift up your eyes to the heavens!” writes J. G. Pike (a fellow grasshopper). “Survey the countless glories of the starry firmament, all its fixed or moving worlds of light!” He continues:
Let your thoughts rove from star to star! How great is He who formed them all, to whom they are but as a speck of flying dust! Yet He who hung out those brilliant fires stooped from His amazing heights of bliss and majesty to assume mortal flesh and appear a feeble infant and a suffering man.
When you behold the midnight sky and mark the thousands of its glowing fires; then think that He who fixed them there once hung on Calvary for you. One day you will shine as a star in heaven, when all those stars shall shine no more. Think that He was once low and dishonored, stained with blood, and blue with blows, that you might have a treasure greater than a thousand worlds. Amazing Love!”
Take time to look up. Think of how big He is and how small we are. What is man that He is mindful of us?
2 Kings 12; 2 Timothy 2;
Hosea 3-4; Psalms 119:121-144

2016/10/30 20:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy