SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : State of Georgia demands pastor turn over sermons

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

State of Georgia demands pastor turn over sermons

Here ya go - state wants to know what your sermons are like and if they do not like it they will fire you!

Hmmm....ya reckon the day will come when you need to preach with no recording or notes so your sermons cannot be documented?

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/todd-starnes/2016/10/26/state-of-georgia-demands-pastor-turn-over-sermons

Sandra

2016/10/26 23:05Profile

Re: State of Georgia demands pastor turn over sermons

It is only the beginning Sandra. This is the logical conclusions to the laws that have been enacted in the last few years. Once homosexual marriage was categorized in the way that it has been, then it is only a matter of time before one's attitude and speech concerning that issue would be used in some kind of litmus test to see if you are " fit," for the job. This will extend even further as the next few years unfold. Police, teachers, anyone dealing with children or having some kind of authority or license will soon be deemed unfit due to thoughts, words and stances on certain issues................bro Frank

2016/10/26 23:34
JohnBoruff

Yeah - it might be wise as a serpent for pastors to preach against homosexuality but not to record those sermons and post them on the web, for the government to use as a means of persecution. LGBT is a government-sanctioned sin now. see https://www.whitehouse.gov/lgbt

2016/10/27 20:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I have observed something that is really upsetting to me: the utter disregard for law by citizens and the powers-that-be.

The preacher as quoted in the OP has every right to preach what he wants - according to the constitution. But some will violate it when it infringes upon their beliefs.

People will vote multiple times for a candidate at the polls but it will take a long time to prosecute the violators and in the meantime the beneficiary will assume office, 'serve' his/her term with no repercussions.

We go to Farmer's Market as vendors. The rules state that all products offered for sale must be grown or made by the seller - nothing is to be bought elsewhere and resold there. But someone does and he is a big vendor! The rest of us work to be in compliance of the rules. In time the violation of the rule will damage the reputation, the integrity of the market

Why make laws/rules when they won't be enforced? It will hurt the gentle and enpower the bully.

Sandra

2016/10/28 8:00Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Sandra, you asked "Why make laws/rules when they won't be enforced?"

In response, I submit they are not made to subject the people who make them. We are a nation of men, not of laws. Enforcing law is always selctive, preferential and the whim of those with power and superior force.

2016/10/28 16:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Tim, I have concluded it as such. Just one way to lord your power over others. We see this principle lived out all over the map.It leaves me shaking my head in unbelief at how people think and act.Living like this will make one vulnerable to all kinds of sins. The love of power, how deceptive it is.

Sandra

2016/10/29 21:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy