SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Deliverance of a Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

If you are a calvinist then these sorts of questions don't make any sense. Thats because a calvinist believes that a true christian will always be a true christian and that their state is unalterable. But if you understand that a born again believer can fall away from God and can lose their salvation then you can understand that the Spirit of God can depart from such a person. When that happens anything is possible.

2016/10/25 23:16
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Sister Lysa,

Just to go on record that I was making my own observations based on what I understand and have experienced.

In no way am I discrediting brother Derek Prince. He has much excellent teaching.

Blessings,

2016/10/26 0:31Profile
dohzman

Re: Deliverance of a Christian

I think much of what happened in the OT to Israel were types of what happens to us in the NT and were given as examples that we may learn to live this life, and many of the nations in the OT are a type of demonic oppression, some are a type of physical weakness, etc... that said I do not believe a Christian can be possessed. I do believe they can be vexed, oppressed, bound up, subjected to vexing s tormented etc.... but I do not believe that is the normal Christian life, maybe for more stubborn Christians dealing with besetting sins or habits from their life before Christ which did not seem to lose its grip over them when they first believed and started their walk following Christ, in some cases they need a little extra, I guess you can call it deliverance or what ever you want to label it. The man in the tombs was possessed and Jesus set him free and he was found than clothed and in his right mind, I like that...clothed and in his right mind, I meet a lot of professing Christians who I consider anything but in their right mind, just saying. If you need some places to read may I suggest the Book of Ephesians and maybe like 1 Peter 5. Jude is a good book to read about those that are Christian s who seem to be headed into the wrong direction and have a less than a happy ending.. If you are willing ask Jesus to give you understanding, He really is faithful to hear those prayers and enjoys teaching us from His Word and than showing us in real life, real time exactly what it was He was teaching us from His Word.

2016/10/26 1:03Profile
BrotherCalton

Botswana

Re: Thank You

Thank You Sister Lisa
I have listened to Derek Prince
The explanation he gave has answered me,
A Christians can be oppressed in some area of their lives
I like the way he explained about the translations of the words about demonization
Thank You Very Much God bless
My question was based on what I have witnessed
And this is the answers I have been seeking according to my experiences

2016/10/26 2:03Profile

Re:

"Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first".

From this passage I believe that Jesus is showing us that a demon can be cast out of a person but unless that person has the Holy Spirit in residence then it is possible for a demon to repossess that person. It is quite possible that this person may be religious and may appear to be a christian and may attend church but may have never have received the Holy Spirit. In this case it is possible that this person will become demon possessed again, but this time much worse.

I would also contend that a so called Christian who loses their salvation can also become demon possessed, but I can accept that many struggle with this concept.

I do not believe that a born again believer can be demon possessed though, just wanted to make that part clear:-)

2016/10/26 9:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy