SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hillary Clinton-Clear and present danger?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Hillary Clinton-Clear and present danger?

Thought I would write about where I really stand since many of my friends have assumed, wrongly, that I am a supporter of Donald Trump. Makes me smile actually, for those who really know me know that I do not vote and I do not believe Christians belong in politics. It's a pig sty and when you roll around in a pig sty you know what happens.

Now, I have written for years about hypocrisy. It is something that Jesus roundly condemned. The Pharisees were the only people who really caught it from Jesus, He did not hold back in his criticism of them. He completely ignores the Romans, not a single harsh word about them, but slams the Pharisees whom he refers to as hypocrites and white washed tombstones, meaning they looked good on the outside but He knew exactly what they were like on the inside.

Now remember, the Romans were evil brutish people who for entertainment would roast people and crucify them and feed them to animals and do other things that were so horrendous you could not right about them. But, they were what they were, they did not pretend to be anything other than what they were. The Pharisees on the other hand were " actors," which is the Greek word for hypocrite. What they said in public was not what they said or did behind closed doors. And so, I have always reserved my criticism for hypocrisy.

I lost quite a few friends for severely criticising George Bush, the golden boy of the Evangelicals. Yet, his actions spoke louder than any words. Now this election cycle my focus has been on the actor, the one who says one thing publicly but in private is a completely different person. So let me say this loud and clear, Hilary Clinton is a clear and present danger to born again Christians. Not religious people who call themselves Christians, but actual Christians.

She and her supporters will come after anyone whom she considers to be deplorable. Now, one of her tests for being deplorable is how someone views homosexuality. If you view it to be a sin, then , in her and her supporters eyes you are a homophobic and deplorable and irredeemable. Now, the meaning of that word is " beyond all hope." I want Christians to know that the stage is being set for persecution. Within eight years of a Hilary administration, it will be illegal to speak to the issue I just mentioned in public. It will be a litmus test for every pastor and church in the land. Now, the answer to that is not Donald Trump, it is Jesus Christ.

There are no answers for the saints in Washington DC. Persecution is coming and saints, it will be your friends and family that will be doing the persecution. Yet this is exactly how the Scriptures says it would happen in the great falling away. So, our hope is in Jesus and we shall stand strong in Him and even if the whole world turns against us we shall not be moved. Be encouraged saints, greater is the Spirit within you, than the spirit that is in the world...........bro Frank

2016/10/12 11:48

Re: This article shows what Christians will face under a Hillary Clinton presidency

Religious Freedom
TIM DUKEMAN
AUGUST 3RD, 2016
0 COMMENTS
| POLITICS

Many prominent conservatives are trying to soft-pedal just how devastating a Hillary Clinton presidency will be. I contend that they simply don't understand what her election will mean for America.

Hillary will ban Christian colleges, elementary schools, and secondary schools by requiring them to hire unbelievers.

Hillary will purge Christians from government jobs (the same way Kelvin Cochran was purged)

Hillary will purge Christian contractors (such as charities) from working for the government in any capacity.

Hillary will go after homeschoolers with everything in her power.

Hillary will force Christians to pay for abortions.

Hillary will attack churches, giving her allies what they want by taking away tax-exempt status, and allowing her to punish dissenters (read: Christians).
If what her allies in Iowa are trying to do is any indication, Hillary will even close down churches!

Hillary will force Christians out of any medical professions, closing Christian hospitals and purging Christian doctors who won't violate their conscience.

Hillary will force Christians out of any counseling-related jobs, by requiring counselors (and related jobs) to sign a statement affirming their commitment to promoting homosexuality, transsexuality, etc. as a condition for being licensed by the state. Non-licensed counseling will be banned, just like reparative therapy.

Hillary will do things far worse than we can currently imagine. If you're skeptical, consider this question: did anyone anticipate in 2008 that Barack Obama would try to force Christians to buy abortions, force Catholics to buy contraception, or force schools to let boys into the girls' locker room and showers?

I should clarify that I do not expect Hillary to personally accomplish every single item on the above list, though I do expect her to make significant progress. We are talking about a President who will have been officially declared above the law before even taking office. To any Christians who think that a Republican Congress (which will not happen) would be able to restrain Hillary: I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. Hillary will accomplish her goals through legislation, and failing that, through executive orders, bureaucratic rules that must be complied with before they can be challenged, and pure, unfiltered lawlessness. Obama has already written the playbook; she will merely have to follow it. The Founding Fathers put several restrictions on the power of the Presidency, but most of them are out the window in 2016, and the expansion of executive power is about to get far worse.

I do expect that her Supreme Court justices will accomplish whatever she fails to get done. Whether they do so before or after she leaves office is the only thing in question. We know what liberal jurisprudence looks like: if it furthers liberal policy goals, it is consitutional. If a law goes against liberal policy goals, its proponents want to bring back Jim Crow.

It's not that Hillary's election would be the end of the world. It would be no such thing. But in many important ways, Hillary's election would be the end of America. If she is elected, we should change our name, because we will no longer be the country founded by men such as Patrick Henry and James Madison, and we should not tarnish their good names by associating ourselves with them. If she is elected, we will tell our grandchildren in hushed tones what America used to be like, back when it was free, because tyranny became unstoppable in 2016. They will grow up in a country unimaginable to people who have always had freedom.

If @HillaryClinton wins, our children will grow up in a country unimaginable to free people.—@TDukeman
At this point in the conversation, I want to stress a couple of things: first, that I am not saying that every Christian has a duty to vote for Trump in an effort to stop Hillary. Second, I recognize that Christ's church will persist (in some form) regardless of what happens in government. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, will ensure that all of His sheep are gathered into the fold.

I am asking all of my readers to think long and hard about this election, and I hope that we can all discuss these issues with charity, honesty, and humility. That means refusing to minimize what we face in this election: there can be no doubt that Hillary will do devastating damage to the country, and America may never recover. Surrendering to Hillary is nothing less than giving up on America. It may be that America is already dead, but some Christians see a way for the Land of the Free to continue to live up to its name.

I'm not settled on what to do at the ballot box. I am absolutely convinced that I'm not going to condemn my brother if he looks at the above list and concludes that he has to vote for Trump to preserve our way of life. I hope you won't condemn him either. I'll leave you with the words of a Christian leader who is feeling the wrath of Hillary's allies already:

"So, the question remains, how will we respond? Will we doubt God’s sovereignty and disobey his commands by compromising in order to make life comfortable? Or will we, like Martin Luther who faced a similar choice, stand firm and say, “Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Scriptures or by clear reason. . . I am bound by the Scriptures . . . and my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant anything since it is neither safe nor right to go against my conscience”.

There is no question. We will not bow. "
--Pastor John MacArthur, on California SB 1146, which will ban Christian colleges.

-bbs-

2016/10/12 12:46
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Hillary Clinton-Clear and present danger?

I mentioned that to our house group and we prayed for the upcoming elections.

I have never witnessed such an obscene election. All mud slinging and below belt-line topics. The rest of the world is watching and many turn away in disgust. Is this the greatest nation on earth looking for a new leader?

Are these the best candidates among the millions of possible candidates you could nominate?

America seemingly has the choice between a rock and a hard place.

A dear brother, known to some here at SI is holding revival meetings in the US with many responding. Wake up, America, it is judgment time. May God pour out his grace once again and send revival to prepare you for hard times ahead.

Oh God, remember mercy in your anger and send your light and your piercing true word to your people in America. Prepare a people for yourself that follow you no matter what.

2016/10/13 16:31Profile

Re:

Narrowpath writes............

"Prepare a people for yourself that follow you no matter what."

I believe brother that is what He is doing as we speak, He is and has been preparing a people for the coming storm. This election proves that this country is under judgement. Terrible choice presented to the people but if you look closely, both these candidates with all their faults, are pretty representative of the population as a whole. People typically get the leaders they deserve. As for the saints, we must not be caught up in fray. Now, I don't believe that means we do not speak the truth in love with boldness, we must speak the truth in love with boldness, it is our calling, we are a light in the darkness. We are the salt of the earth, it is through us that goodness and light prevail. Even as they turn on us, and they will with boldness, very soon, we must still be that light, that salt, that boldness and fearlessness for the cause of Christ. It is indeed by the Blood of the Lamb, the word of their testimony and they loved not their lives unto death that they overcome..................bro Frank

2016/10/13 19:09
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I consider what I am about to say as belonging in the "yes, I know, but.." category so here goes.

I have taken an avid interest in presidential elections since the Kennedy vs Nixon one in 1960. I have never seen the mud-slinging between candidates as one has seen this time around.It used to be similar to two sports teams vying for the trophy the winner is sure to get but no more.

I got to wondering whether the current administration is stirring the pot to distract the public from what is going on in Washington and its role in global affairs. I keep hearing rumblings of a possible nuclear war in the not too distant future.

I have concluded we know nothing about what is really going on behind the scenes. Makes one feel so vulnerable because we do not know what to think or believe. It does, however, remind me what Believers in communist countries used to say about the news as reported by their media, "what ever they say you cannot believe except the opposite of what is reported."

I am glad for one thing: all these events are not taking God by surprise. He does have his finger on it and what will happen, we better be prepared.

Sandra

2016/10/13 21:34Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

I ran across this quote this evening and thought it might apply here (not that anyone is "calling down curses" ;) ).

"We never pray against our government or call down
curses on them. Instead, we have learned that God is in control both of our own lives and the government we live under. (He) has used China's government for His own purposes, molding and shaping His children as He sees fit. Instead of focusing our prayers against any political system, we pray that regardless of what happens to us, we will be pleasing to God."
~ Brother Yun

REJOICE! =)
Mary

2016/10/14 1:53Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: BearMaster...

Amen. Although I can't see that she will accomplish any of these things on your list, but it is possible. The U.S. is becoming so secular. When was the last time you heard a reporter wonder if the Christian vote would be enough to win an election.

I haven't heard any commentator or reporter ask this question. HRC, is not worried about it either, or she would have apologized to the Catholics and Evangelicals for the comments made by her close staff in the "Wiki-Leaks."

As far as forcing Christians to pay for abortions... as a tax payer everyone is being forced to pay for this horrific act. HRC, wants to take it even further by making third trimester abortions legal in every state in the Union.

WHo know's HRC or the next President might allow already born babies to executed and not only that but the elderly.

I believe that we have certain freedoms as Americans. One is the right to vote. The others are written in the Constitution of the United States of America.
With these freedoms come responsibilities for all people living in this great country.

HRC, is a threat to the constitution, and I haven't found any scripture telling Christians not to vote or not be a part of politics. If that is your view then I respect it. But remember that the Apostle Paul, used his Roman Citizenship to appeal to Cesar.

2016/10/16 23:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It has to be clear that there is no answer in politics, God is clearly showing this to true believers. We need to obey God and His kingdom and not worry as much about the kingdoms of men that are faltering and will all oppose sons of light in the end.

Persecution indeed is coming.

2016/10/17 8:47Profile
dohzman

Re: What troubles me about the church

As to Hillary? If elected she wont sit long in that position since The Lord has rejected her from being President. King Saul was rejected and died at the hands of the Philistines or suicide- Philistines being a type of physical illness, most likely sever stroke or heart attack, both leading to death in her case. Wilkerson spoke of the church losing its tax exempt status as part of the persecution, I do not believe that would be altogether a bad thing to be honest.

What troubles me is this. In the OT the prophets were feared by the people of Israel as those who could bring the judgement of God on their towns and villages for good or evil/destruction and to the individual death to those they would uncover sin on 1Ki 17:18, the OT is filled with such examples. One might say but we are in the NT era, the period of grace.. To that I say true, however, the true child of God still has the same authority since the "spirit of Christs church is the spirit of prophesy". So powerful is this mandate that Jesus had to remind the sons of thunder what spirit they were of. Jesus himself told us in Matt 16 and again Matt 18 that we had authority to bind/loose and that is not just in the context of sin or relationships with in the church. Regardless we have a GREAT DEAL of authority here now on earth as we manage the kingdom of God within us. Just look at the works of the first church...you might be tempted to bring up the martyrs and the persecutions, to that I say you are right, BUT......if you read Fox es book of Martyrs and look at the result on those who did the persecuting, honestly...the Christians were better off because we have an avenging God and Father...I mean look to the widow who cried out for justice in the NT ..Jesus said that the judge will hear and answer her because she keeps her petition before the judge day and night.

Lets face it...no matter who gets in I think we can see the handwriting on the wall for this country and the path of destruction we are headed into. At best Trump may only be a temporary reprieve from whats to come, but in the end this country I believe must fall because God is a just God and I believe our cup of iniquity is almost full. God Bless bro DMiller

2016/10/17 17:20Profile

Re:

Brother D writes...........

".no matter who gets in I think we can see the handwriting on the wall for this country and the path of destruction we are headed into. At best Trump may only be a temporary reprieve from whats to come, but in the end this country I believe must fall because God is a just God and I believe our cup of iniquity is almost full. God Bless bro DMiller"

Amen brother, this is exactly right. My piece is actually about warning the saints, which is really what I do on my web site, to get ready for the coming persecution. The ins and outs of American politics are neither here nor there. I have often been wearied listening to folks talking incessantly about freedoms and founding fathers and liberties. The only liberty I know, the only freedom that I know is the freedom wrought for me on the bloody battleground of Calvary by Jesus. Freedom given by men can be taken away by men. The freedom that I have through Christ, no one can take away even if I were languishing at the bottom of a dungeon. The greatest idol in America is America itself, the very notion of it is mythologized and worshiped by one side, and on the other side, are spoiled children, rubbish it. But whatever side one is on in that argument is the wrong side.

My warning to my readers about Hillary Clinton stands and it has zero to do with politics. She and the establishment she and her husband head up are a global wide network of elitists who have complete contempt for the man in the street and the child in the womb. They are to them, deplorable and irredeemable. They will outlaw any one who stands upon the fundamental truths of the Bible. The next truth they will come after is the notion that there is but one way to heaven and that is through the Lord Jesus. It has already been attempted in Britain and Canada. The time is coming where we shall have to stand up and be counted, not for a single issue but simply for truth. A few hundred years ago tens of thousands of saints were killed for standing up for the truth that infant baptism was wrong. Millions found themselves at the hands of the torturers because they refused to acknowledge that a piece of bread was Jesus

Our generation will face it’s own mighty challenges that will directly flow counter to the culture. This is good because we were never called to be a sub-culture, we were called to be a counter culture. Who will put his face down and walk into the rain and the storm. Most will go with the wind at their backs.............bro Frank

2016/10/17 22:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy