SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : We may be at the beginning of Sorrows.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RogerB

Bruceton TN

We may be at the beginning of Sorrows.

John Kerry mentioned in Veterans Today how Russia had thrown a wrench in their plans to topple Assad in Syria:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/10/04/john-kerry-russia-really-screws-up-our-plan-in-syria/

In other words it appears we have arrived at the milestone of Dan 11 where tidings of the north and east trouble Him. So we see the US is making a decision as to where to go now. The Washington Post of today, 10-4 2016 mentioned using cruise missiles, ships and coalition partners to remove Assad.

Jeremiah mention evil tidings against Damascus in 49:23. Sorrow on the seas and the collapse of Damascus. But when Damascus falls we also read in Isaiah 17 that the fall of Damascus leads to the fall of Israel.

Many things happen when Damascus and Assad are taken. Even Amos 1 mentions Damascus fall. It appears the 2 witnesses appear at that time.

We have arrived. Let's pray for cooler heads and all to make ready

Steve at http://israelinewslive.org had a message update on the situation today and much more yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLpGqGDDADdlnDI9ZQY0Fs0sd_hwpEQBhP&v=pUuJDA3VkL0

2016/10/4 21:28Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: We may be at the beginning of Sorrows.

James,

I don't watch Israeli News Live much but I notice that he puts out quite a few videos a day. I'm not trying to be a naysayer but my question is, has anything he's said come to pass in all these videos? Should I pay more attention to his news?

God bless and thank you,
Lisa

2016/10/5 5:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Very fair question Lisa.

I have watched several through Rogers posts and none of them have happened.

2016/10/5 7:33Profile
docs

Re: Scriptural markers

Scripture gives eschatological markers and signposts purposefully given by the Lord to help His church to keep its bearings when these things actually begin to happen. The church is not too be blindly moving along just holding on and hoping to endure until the end. It should be a church endowed with prophetic literacy and understanding as to what is happening as it happens instead of a church believing heads or tails can't really be determined from the eschatological scriptures therefore its main call is just to be ready at any time. Christ can come at any moment is not scriptural since certain things must occur first and since they haven't occurred the coming of Christ cannot be imminent so as to happen at any moment or second. This doctrine of imminence evolved form the pre-trib view that at any moment Christ can come and secretly rapture His church. This does not have a leg to stand on from scripture.

In this vein, the beginning of sorrows ending at the Day of the Lord cannot begin until the man of sin is revealed first.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day (the Day of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition; (II Thess 2:3)

Who is the "him" of Daniel 11:44 - "But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him."

It's the man of sin, the son of perdition, the AC. So if he has not been revealed and is not on the scene yet then the beginning of sorrows is not yet. Daniel 11:44 is not possible at his point. All roads lead to the Day of the Lord (the Day of Christ) at which time Christ returns and His enemies are vanquished and the resurrection of the dead takes place. But certain things must occur first and many of these things are clearly given in scripture.

2016/10/5 8:44Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: sorrows

Steve isn't a prophet. He is a news reporter. He visits the locations where events are happening and questions what's taking place. He uses his own pictures and other sources of news like others. He often questions if this is the prophetic event in a book of the Bible. He misses things as we all do. We've all heard wrong things from the pulpit occasionally over the years.

What I posted here was from some of his material and my own interest, but I didn't declare it to be the beginning of sorrows. Sorrows began a long time in this world.

The big question is "who are we fighting for in Syria and why". Why must we drive refugees all over the world and why do we allow ISIS to kill Christians and why did we create ISIS as our own people admitted. The UN Council sent to investigate Syria, recently said that the US population were being fed propaganda on the situation. So if you really want corrupt news stick to the US narrative.

2016/10/5 9:14Profile
docs

Re: Daniel 11:44

A lot would depend on who the "him" is of Daniel 11:44.

"Rumors from the east and from the north shall trouble him.
Who is "him?"

2016/10/5 9:52Profile

Re:

I do not know who the "him" is. But we'd be well advised to watch what is happening in Syria. The fact that Turkey, Iran, Russia, and Syria have forged an agreement supposedly to fight ISIS should cause concern. Particularly since 3 of these nations...Turkey, Syria, and Iran have some sort of animosity toeward Israel. And one nation particularly out of the three would like to see Israel destroyed. That nation being Iran. Also I'm sure that Russia has no particular friend of Israel. But then I don't think Israel has any friends left on this planet.

I did not hold to a pre-trib view of the rapture. But I do believe that Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 and 39 should not be overlooked. That is assuming you believe that not everything was fulfilled in 70 AD.

Simply my thoughts.

-bbs-

2016/10/5 11:21
docs

Re: The "him" of Daniel 11:44

It's the same willful king of Daniel 11:36 who will do as he pleases and who will exalt and magnify himself above every god.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall EXALT HIMSELF, AND MAGNIFY HIMSELF ABOVE EVERY GOD, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be finished; for that that is determined shall be done. (Daniel 11:36)

In II Thessalonains 2:3-4, Paul quoted almost word for word from Daniel 11:36,

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and EXALTETH HIMSELF ABOVE ALL THAT IS CALLED GOD, OR THAT IS WORSHIPPED; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

As the scriptual narrative continues in Daniel 11 we can then see that he "him" of verse 11:44 is the same will and self exalting king of verse 11:36. Seen above in II Thess 2:3 it is referring to the man of sin, the son of perdition, the AC. The coming of Christ at the Day of the Lord cannot therefore happen until this willful self exalting son of perdition is revealed and embarks on his short but furious career to be terminated by Christ at His return (II Thess 2:8).

2016/10/5 17:22Profile

Re: David

No doubt true brother. But we have two world leaders who are pounding their chests like bull apes. Both of these nen control enough nuclear fire power to destroy this planet several times over.

But then maybe one of these two will be the "gentleman" (pun intended) you speak of. Let us not forget the other "gentleman" from Turkey. He wants to head up the revived Caliphate.

-bbs-

2016/10/5 18:25
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Sorrows

Satan is trying his best to keep you from seeing who his man is. That's the thing to remember. We all have an idea and things point a certain way. Plus the church should always be on top of world events, not just sit around and hope that one day the man will be revealed and "then" we will move. The church should always be asking for the Spirit to help us have eyes to see to help us avoid deception. When the "Man" is revealed things will happen so fast it will cause our hearts to stop.

We should see today how Satan's forces uses divide and conquer. One of Satan's oldest tools. Like Sunni Vs Shiite. Feed both sides. Or the Civil war. Then here at home we have the election. The news keeps feeding tidbits about both candidates to keep America divided and also keep you from seeing what is going on behind the curtain.

You hear nothing about the banks collapsing. Very little info from Syria and dis-info at best as in Afghanistan. No one can tell you why. Dis-info is fed about our military to keep the attaboy network going for the folks at home. October 2nd it was revealed that 500 million was paid to create a false video narrative. Of course that might be dis-info. Oct 4 the Reuters news said the Aleppo hospital was bombed. But it had already been bombed back in April.

Did you hear about the Pope taking communion in Jerusalem in the upper room with his men? Did you hear where the 2 state solution was signed years ago? Does your congregation have itching ears hoping to be raptured out of what they see coming? Do they keep asking for the verse?

It is obvious who the man of sin is. He has to lead Rome. The image Nebuchadnezzar saw ends with legs and feet of Rome. Rome still calls the shots. Christ is the stone who blows it away. Esau is also mentioned in the last verse of Obadiah as having taken over Mt Zion and must be dealt with. I notice he escapes when the king of the North comes like a whirlwind. Naturally. The King of the South must be Israel. they are strong militarily. They just aren't ready to give the land of Israel over to the man of sin. Think about it.

I read the news very carefully and widely. I trust in God to show me the path and keep a gentle spirit in me. I read all your posts with joy too. We each have a lot to go through yet. We are created lights. We are already salt. His grace is all we need as he has separated you from the world. We need to settle it today where we stand while we can. We should be that difference in others lives. God is building his body in preparation for the end. I don't think escape was planned for those who possess understanding. I think you all see your calling.

Love to all. I don't hate any of you.

2016/10/5 19:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy