SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Democratic Resolution Honors Planned Parenthood

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"As an Illinois state senator, Obama was so supportive of late-term abortions, he resisted efforts to protect unborn children born alive after failed abortion procedures…

“Barack Obama, as chairman of an Illinois state Senate committee, voted down a bill to protect live-born survivors of abortion,” NRLC legislative director Douglas Johnson told LifeNews.com at the time.

Johnson said Obama did so “even after the panel had amended the bill to contain verbatim language, copied from a federal bill passed by Congress without objection in 2002, explicitly foreclosing any impact on abortion.”

2016/10/5 16:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The DNA of a newly conceived fetus is indistinguishable from the DNA of an adult.

2016/10/5 20:52Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

That is a profound thought, TMK!

During my first internship for NASA, the interns and co-ops were able to attend presentations once per week where various NASA personnel lectured on various topics related to science and technology.

One of those lectures focused on one of the Mars missions. One of the primary goals was to successfully land a rover on the surface of the planet and sift through sediment to find the "building blocks for life." The speaker mentioned that "the world would change" if life -- in the form of any single-celled organism -- could be found.

I remember thinking at the time that NASA would make a declaration about life on Mars if they found a single simple "life" in the form of a single-celled organism deep under the surface of Mars. Yet, it is difficult to get pro-abortion activists to admit that there is a human life just a few inches inside of a mother's womb.

2016/10/6 0:22Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
The last two examples of simple truths about abortion are amazing.
The DNA being the same and the NASA simple life example.
On Obama I guess belief in God is not enough to stop you supporting the likes of abortion because along with that belief you hold other beliefs as well at the same time while relationship with God is different in the sense that your belief overides everything.
Yours Staff

2016/10/6 6:29Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Staff,

Good point. It is remarkable that a current talking point regarding whether or not abortion is immoral is that we should "trust women to make that decision." Tim Kaine spoke these very words at the Vice Presidential debate this week while arguing against Mike Pence. Kaine's words have been echoed by other politicians who support abortion despite claiming to have "faith" or "religious beliefs" against the practice.

Yet, the same politicians and groups that advocate "trusting women" to make decisions about ending the life of a child before he/she is born don't believe that women have any right to decide when, how or where a child learns about sex (as they argued on behalf of mandatory sex education that includes everything from "safe sex" to abortion to ways to go behind your parents back).

Those same people also argued in a 2012 court case that residents of California (of which a majority voted against gay marriage in a 2008 state constitution proposition) that "such decisions can't be left up to a vote." Those individuals also don't trust women to make up their minds about buying health insurance. So, the notion of "trust" is just a silly talking point.

In other words, such groups don't really trust the people when it comes to moral issues like abortion. In that same California election regarding gay marriage, such groups heralded the notion that a slight majority had set a "precedent" by voting that children as young as 10-years-old could be taken to an abortion clinic by a school counselor during school hours without their parents' knowledge or consent.

I believe that such attitudes are a sign of the times. The press and media -- largely for-profit corporate oligopolies -- have successfully made LGBT and pro-abortion activists "heroes" and faithful Christians or people in general who simply believe that abortion is immoral as "villains." People are prone to stereotypes and the media is a primary catalyst for them.

When my wife sees me praying for the people of this nation, she notices that it weighs heavily on my heart. She often says that it is a losing-proposition "because the end will come no matter what." That makes a lot of sense. However, I do believe that it matters to each individual as we go down this rapid descent of history.

I was discussing homeschooling with a few people the other day. I pointed out that something so basic and simple as the right of parents to educate their own children is banned in several nations in Europe, Asia and even Latin America. I was surprised that two of those individuals agreed and said that they hoped that it would soon be banned in the United States. Their reason? They said that "too many religious fundamentalists are anti-science and forcing their children to believe in God."

Ichabod. No matter what people are persuaded to think about America's founding fathers, I think that we can rest assured that they would have loudly disagreed with such beliefs.

I agree that a REAL relationship with God is vital in directing each person's moral compass. I also think that there is a "measure of faith" in everyone that, in the very least, points their moral compass toward God (whether they realize it or not). Unfortunately, the world around us is providing false directions when it comes to that moral compass. As that moral compass now spins like a propeller for so many, I feel more and more homesick for our Lord while feeling the sorrow for those around us.

2016/10/6 13:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Chris- I love your point about the search for alien life. Very true.

I think we can all agree that there is no logical reason that supports abortion. Any argument that a fetus is not a living human being is vacuous and pro abortion folks know this.

It is simply a sinful rejection of a truth that they KNOW to be true for their own purposes.

As such it is a spiritual problem not a logic problem. Logic will not sway those determined to believe lies.

2016/10/6 14:04Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Chris n Tmk
Its something on my mind even if we give it all we have to combat abortion are we still going to be defeated because of the Age.Are we praying for a lost cause sort of thing.
I guess my an answer is I dont know for sure that we would loose.I do know for sure that if we loose in the sense that Abortion becomes permenant or legal everywhere we still will save thousands or millions of babies by an effective intelligent campaign.I know we have one thing on our side :We do not have to tell lies.
I know that their is a hard line pro abortion group of people but the majority of people involved or pro abortion are just people swayed by falsehood.
I know that this hard core group are similar to the false prophets in Elijahs day and I believe they need to be challenged whether its by me or you or the Church.
I do know I feel inadequate to do anything about it but isnt that just the perfect time God can use you?
Yours Staff

2016/10/6 19:04Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Staff,

I once heard a story about a man who was vacationing on the coast. The man walk along the beach each morning. One morning, he happened to notice that the tide washed ashore tens of thousands of starfish.

As the tide rapidly receded, the man noticed a boy throwing starfish back into the sea. He watched as the young man would pick up a starfish, look at it, and then throw it into the sea.

After watching the boy do this about a dozen times, the man walked up to him. “"Do you truly think that you'’re making a difference? You can’'t possibly throw all of these starfish back into the water. You're wasting your time."

The boy bent down, picked up another starfish, looked at it and then threw it into the sea. He said, "It made a difference to that one."

When I approach the issue of abortion, it isn't just about the lives of the babies themselves. After all, they are innocent and will find themselves in the arms of the Lord even prior to having taken their first breath.

Rather, I am also greatly concerned for the mothers of these babies. The goal is to help prevent these mothers from the psychological, emotional and, most importantly, spiritual consequences of aborting their own child's life.

I can't imagine the stress that they must go through when they decide to kill their own child.

For some who were raised without any inclination of spiritual matters or with a broken moral compass, they may try to make excuses by pretending that there is nothing wrong with it. They argue that this isn't a "life" or that it isn't really a HUMAN life. They try to dehumanize that baby by referring to it through clinical terms (e.g., fetus, embryo, etc.). The goal is to be able to live guilt-free.

Some even hide their guilt behind pro-abortion activism. However, study after study has shown that there are widespread lasting consequences that affect such women for years (and even a lifetime). Oddly enough, many pro-abortion organizations (like Planned Parenthood) actually dismiss this as little more than a stigma caused by (you guessed it) religious and anti-abortion groups.

I think that there are other girls who get abortions because of fear. Some feel ill-equipped for motherhood. Others are afraid that their lives will have changed and that whatever dreams of their life is dashed by the prospect of having a baby. Others are certainly afraid of what their parents, friends, classmates or those around them will think -- that their reputation will be ruined. Some girls still want to be thought of as "good girls" in their parents' eyes. I read about one girl who admitted that she aborted her child because she was afraid that few men would ever want to marry a single mother with "such baggage". They are so afraid of these potential consequences that they will decide to end the life of their pre-born child in order to preserve the "life" that they want to continue living.

So, the outreach is really two-fold. It is to protect the lives of the unborn babies -- but also to help guide women away from making such a monumental decision that they will carry with them throughout eternity.

It often seems like a "lost cause" as this world grows so callous toward truth. It is disheartening to watch or hear so many foolish people march in the effort to keep a "right" that would justify their sin.

Like the boy in that story who endeavors to save starfish, the ultimate war might still be lost. However, the battle doesn't have to be lost for each and every person in that war. Christ went to the cross for each and every one of us. I think that many evangelical efforts are lost because they focus on the "every" and not the "each."

2016/10/6 20:06Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Chris
Yes that story came to my mind as well before the last post and you are totally correct the mothers are of equal importance.
I do think that the majority of abortions are because of socio economic reasons and are in effect "child sacrifice".
Obviously these socio economic reasons are like you said because of their parents,what society thinks and the inability to support the child(paraphrasing)
Thats why I think calling women that have abortions murderers is unhelpful and doesnt sway anyones opinion.It also doesnt at all help the women of course,
Staff

2016/10/6 20:32Profile
staff

Re:

Hi All
Ive been thinking on the subject of abortion again today.
If I ask the question
How would abortion effect the "Special Olympics"? or Para olympics?
Will the answer be so be it,we can get rid of these problems by aborting all the babies?
Any thoughts?
Yours Staff

2016/10/9 17:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy