Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : It is slipping away

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi
On the one hand I can see the slipping away of societies and individuals and the fear to say anything about it.On the other hand I think we are on the border of a new age but havent crossed over yet.I think God will raise a credible witness before the end and we do not have that at the moment.
If the stage is set for the arrival of an Ahab or Herod then the stage is equally set for an Elijah or John The Baptist.God is the same today and yesterday and forever.If evil arises so does opposition to that evil,
Yours Staff

2016/10/4 7:28Profile

Re:

Phillip writes...........

"I am sure that if you could stop a Christian from getting their head cut off you would do all you could to prevent it."

I think that statement just shows that you have missed the whole point are are focused on the temporal Phillip. Jesus began to tell His disciples what was going to happen ( doom and gloom?)

From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
(Mat 16:21-25)

Phillip, you simply do not know the age that we are in nor can you discern the sign of the times.........bro Frank

2016/10/4 9:12

light will shine out of darkness

I wrote this last year. Now I truly believe that only those who walk according to the Spirit can ever see the glory in suffering and persecution, Christ's glory.......bro Frank

Light will shine out of Darkness

If you talk a lot or write about things to come, especially about persecution for the Church, it tends to be a very unpopular word. After years of writing about such things, I know that many tend to shy away from it. First of all, it is not natural to expect that people would embrace such a message. It is often cast into the ” doom and gloom,” category or it is lumped in with the undoubtedly numerous quacks and fear mongers that are out there and have always been out there. I think this is inevitable and like a parable, then only those who truly have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church will hear, and only those with spiritual eyes will see what is coming.

Let me tell you how I see this dark subject of persecution soon to come. I see it in glorious terms. God has commanded that light would shine forth out of darkness. The greater the darkness the greater the light.2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. You see, God first illuminates the hearts of those who hear Him and then He commands that the illumination, the light, be shone forth into the darkness of this world.

Those who ” know,” God, who are intimate with God see Jesus. To know God is to know Jesus for we see the glory of God illuminated in the face of His Son and with this light we light up the world. No where is this better illustrated than in the persecuted saint. The persecuted saint, though surrounded by troubles on every side is not distressed and this not being distressed is supernatural light. The saint who suffers persecution is often struck down but is not destroyed, he seems to be forgotten but not forsaken in his loneliness. He has a treasure inside of him that illuminates all the brighter when he is hard pressed, that treasure is the glory of God that resides in him. Tear down his flesh and you merely reveal the glory within.

When we are torn down and ridiculed and persecuted for His sake then our flesh is stripped away in death and the life of Christ is revealed in us, it becomes a witness to the world. Many times the world can come up with excuses for the Christians joy, just like Satan’s accusation in the opening pages of Job. Yes of course they love Jesus, look what He has done for them, look how He has blessed them. All of these accusations are stripped away in the backdrop of persecution. For the saint who is fully given to God, his tears will give way to joy. His despair will give way to hope. His degradation will give way to humility in Christ. And of course persecution comes in many shapes and degrees. You may be suffering many of these things in your present situation. Perhaps at work or in your own home or by your spouse.

We know this, that all who live Godly in Christ Jesus can expect to suffer for His sake whether on a personal level or community level or national level. We also know that there is a tremendous blessing reserved for those who are accused and abused for His name sake. There is a spirit of glory that rests upon us when we suffer for His sake. If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.(1 Pet 4:14) Now imagine this saints. If the Spirit of glory rests upon you as an individual when you are persecuted individually for His sake, can you imagine what the Spirit of glory will look like when every saint in the land is persecuted? Now imagine saints what that glory will look like when every saint in the world is persecuted for His sake. Indeed as the Scriptures tell us, the glory of God will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea. For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea (Hab 2:14)

So, when you are tempted to be fearful about the future, remember that the glory of God is going to rest upon you as you have never experienced it before. Darkness will become light to you. Even if you are made to lie down in the valley of the shadow of death, Christ Himself will be your rod and your staff and you will fear no evil. In the midst of that dark valley of persecution He will lead you to pastures you have never experienced before. He will feed your soul in ways that you cannot even begin to imagine. While others will experience stormy and turbulent seas as circumstances grow darker by the day, you will experience still waters.

A peace that surpasses all understanding will take possession of you as perfect love casts out all fear. You will stand on the unshakable ground of Christ. Do not let others speak to you of doom and gloom, for it shall only be doom and gloom to those who are perishing, but for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear then it shall be the ultimate glory, the ultimate witness for Christ just prior to Him coming, and then He comes. Stand fast saints. Days are coming upon us such as we have never seen before. Yes, tremendous darkness. Yet the greater is the light that is within us than the darkness that is in the world.

2016/10/4 9:25
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Matthew 26:38-44 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

My soul is exceedingly sorrowful for those that are dying by the hand of the devil himself. There is nothing I can do for them but I still would want to stop it if I could.

If this puts me in the temporal, so be it. Only God can give peace and tranquility when it comes to those that are perishing for His Glory.

Three times even Jesus ask the cup He was about to drink be taken away from Him. It must be a glorious thing to be given the ability to cheer when bloody hands from bloody heads rolling on the ground right now, as they continue, knowing the signs of the time is what you are cheering for.

This is what your post to me put in my soul/mind when I read it. I really don't believe that is where your heart is, that is why I have answered your post in this way, If that is where your heart is then my heart would not accept it being the lessor brother in Christ, of whom needs prayer that conformation from the Holy Spirit in greater understanding of God and the sign of the times.

I may be in the temporal not understanding the sign of the times, that is why I seek comfort in the Word of God that I might not loose my mind in the conflict between good and evil.

That is why I have comfort in God keeping men from evil, and Jesus coming for me and my brothers and sisters in Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I pray this does not upset you, I am just a weaker brother seeking comfort in the only place I see it available.

Thank you for your words, they have really given me something to seek God for the answer. His will, His plan, His understanding of who I am and what I need.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/10/5 21:27Profile

Re:

Phillip,

What I think you are genuinely missing is the whole history of the Christian church and the story of the greater part of Christianity even now. Persecution is our story, it always has been and it will be until the end. We are all weak in this regard but Christ in us is strong. We need only surrender the things of this life and regard it as a thing in the hands of God. God directs the steps of a righteous man and millions of righteous men have need martyred for the cause of Christ and enabled to do so by the Spirit of the Living God. What He has done for others He can do for you. Jesus, in the Garden, surrendered to the will of God and with that surrender came victory and peace and then He could set His face towards His calling. If you consider your life something to strive and grasp after then you will lose it in a sense, when you give it all over then you gain the eternal life of the Kingdom of God which was and is and always shall be. We are in this world but not of it, we walk in the Kingdom reality of the Living God. Lay it down Phillip and He will pick it up..........bro Frank

2016/10/5 22:33
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This is a hard saying even for Jesus, "take this cup" and "why have you forsaken me". Even this, God has brought Him through and He sits on the throne in heaven where we are by faith seated with Him.

Thank you, I feel like Peter listening to Paul, "some things are hard to understand".

2 Peter 3:15-18 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/10/5 23:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy