SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request -- wife interview

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Prayer request -- wife interview

No, I'm not interviewing for wives! :)

My wife was approached yesterday at her job and was asked by one of the executives in her company to apply and interview for a regional supervisory position. It would require travel virtually every weekday.

She's done this before in another social work setting for another company. She was over three offices and about 40 employees. She was on the road every weekday and it about wore her out. Not to mention she drove her own car. If you have ever driven your car for your employer as a road warrior, you know that mileage compensation is a losing proposition.

In this prospective job, she is looking at a very significant increase in her pay. Far more than her previous road warrior job. She was overqualified from day one in her current role. She recently won an annual company award for being the best in her position. She wants to do this. She is really, really good at her job and this particular job would be so in the middle of what she excels at doing. They have privately told her she would be their top prospect for the job if she wants to interview for it. The company head sent someone to ask her in person to apply. But, there is no guarantee. There is another person who is much younger and has some pretty solid credentials.

The kicker is this: it may require us to move to another state. Yeah. You get an idea of how much potential is there when I tell you that, if the compensation package is right, we would lean very hard toward doing it. It would require me to take the bar exam in another state. At my age (I'll be 50 in a few months) that's not a prospect I look forward to and it would essentially require me to start over (that part is not so hard; I work for myself and by myself and my work is primarily criminal defense and that's not very difficult to start over somewhere else. People get arrested in droves everywhere every day. But, it would take a long time to build it up.)

There is a possibility that relocation is not required. The person who approached her to apply said the possibility is quite strong that it wouldn't be, but that perhaps it would be necessary. FWIW.

We've prayed about it. They wanted a very quick response from her to confirm her interest. We both have a very real ease about the matter. She expected me to be reluctant, but I'm actually very enthusiastic about it. One, I could get hit by a car tomorrow or have a stroke, so a job with more significant pay for her doing what she is great at doing is a solid winner in my own view. Two, I've already mentioned how she is really good at her job. I can't stress that enough. She has been really down on herself for sometime about not being able to advance, she's in her late 40's, she's a social worker and there just aren't a lot of opportunities to advance in her field to a really rewarding job financially and professionally at this point. I woke early this morning and laid some things out before the Lord, including some repentance for my own heart of late, and asked Him for wisdom. He promises that, and promises to give it, not to withhold it, and promises to reveal Himself to His people.

She advised them early this morning that she would like to interview. So, she's got a very, very short window to update a resume and some other sharpening on some things to prepare for it.

I'm asking you guys to pray for God's direction and our obedience, and that if He is doing this on only if He is doing this to bring her to that job. That's what we want.

Our daughter is in middle school. She cheers at her school. She has just seemingly reached a place of real confidence. She does not want to relocate and we don't want to relocate her. We like our little town well enough, at least until she is finished with high school. We don't live in the city where we both grew up, but we live only minutes from it and I work where we grew up. Our family is here, but we don't have a lot of family connections any more. So, moving would mostly effect our daughter more so than us. We've moved around a good bit for college and work for the first 10 years of our marriage, the last 18 have been where we live now. So, between the two of us, we can fit in about anywhere. But, it isn't just the two of us anymore.

TMI, I know. I'm just sharing all this so, if you pray for us, you'll have some perspective. You are all so kind and I appreciate it.

2016/9/28 10:09Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Prayer request -- wife interview

Praying for you both.

2016/9/28 10:24Profile
mama27

Re:

Praying you'll hear from God loud and clear...

2016/9/28 12:02Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

"you shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace"

Dear Father, guide your son and daughter with Your peace, in Jesus Name.
Amen

2016/9/28 12:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I am also praying.

2016/9/29 20:08Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Update:

Yesterday, after being told it would probably be a while before she was asked to interview, my wife was texted to interview Thursday. So, she will travel to the interview early Thursday and interview at 9:30 CDT. We covet your prayers for God's voice to be spoken to us, heard by us, obeyed by us whatever the outcome. Do, please, pray for my wife's peace and poise for her own sake. She's pretty cool under pressure but I know it would bless her to have the peace that passes understanding during the process.

Thanks --- again!

2016/10/5 20:45Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thanks for the update! We will continue to pray!

2016/10/6 0:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Just saw this for the first time. What happened? Mind telling us?

Sandra

2016/10/22 14:35Profile

©2002-2022 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy