SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : How to stay logged in to the forum

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How to stay logged in to the forum

I would like my iPhone (Safari browser) to stay logged into the forum, how do I make this happen? As it works right now I have to keep logging in every couple of days if I want to post, is that a function of this website or Safari? Sermon Index...I want your cookie...give me the cookie lol.

2016/9/18 10:35
TMK

NC, USA

Re: How to stay logged in to the forum

I have same issue; it seems every time I leave the page I have to relog in although it is not 100% consistent.

2016/9/18 11:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would like my iPhone (Safari browser) to stay logged into the forum, how do I make this happen? As it works right now I have to keep logging in every couple of days if I want to post, is that a function of this website or Safari?

brother,

I have had it set that the cookie will last for 1 year in the user computer. But with changes to the server security settings and possibly settings with the iphone safari this might affect the cookie working for a longer duration. I will look into this further sorry for the inconvenience.

Maybe double check on your iphone safari if SermonIndex.net cookie is a trusted site?

--

Block cookies

To set whether Safari blocks cookies in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Block Cookies and choose one of the following: Always Block, Allow from Current Websites Only, Allow from Websites I Visit, or Always Allow. In iOS 7 or earlier, choose Never, From third parties and advertisers, or Always.
A cookie is a piece of data that a website puts on your device. Using cookies, the website can remember you when you visit again, and the webpage can be customized for you based on information you might have provided. Some pages might not work unless you accept cookies. For instance:
You're unable to log in to a website or webpage using your correct username and password.
You see a message on a webpage that cookies are required, or that your browser's cookie functionality is turned off.
You try to use a feature on a website, but it doesn't work as expected

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201265

--

another solution to clear cookies on safari on the PC and start again:

Go to Safari / Preferences then select the Security tab. Click "Show Cookies". Delete all Apple cookies.

Restart your Mac.

2016/9/18 12:03Profile

Re:

Thanks brother I will try these things.

2016/9/18 13:19

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy