SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : T.D. Jakes Discusses the Debut of His New Oprah-Tied Show

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

T.D. Jakes Discusses the Debut of His New Oprah-Tied Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJIjcNh2WA

Televangelist, author and filmmaker T.D. Jakes talks to WSJ's Lee Hawkins about his forthcoming show on Oprah Winfrey's OWN Network, which launches on September 19.

*** If you are interested at the 7min 30sec mark TD Jakes is asked a question about mega church pastors and wealth. His answer is very interesting.

2016/9/15 8:53
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: T.D. Jakes Discusses the Debut of His New Oprah-Tied Show

I know this has been in the works for at least a year. He has or had -- and I know, awakened, you'll know more since you're in Texas -- a TV talk show in Dallas.

Jakes has a severe credibility problem. When cornered publicly on anything he can't use his preacher voice to prance out of, he does two things: Shift and conflate. Here, when asked about pastors and wealth, he shifted the issue to discrimination then conflated the issue to "religion with purpose" vs "religion for profit" -- his words. And, so he put himself beyond challenge by pushing the question into what he called "distribution of wealth" instead of aggregation of wealth, making that a racial issue that everybody has a hand in as opposed to the propriety of him being a super-rich preacher and the methods of his becoming one. That was step one. Then, he conflated the whole thing by essentially saying the he is "religion for purpose" and that some are "religion for profit" and if you want to challenge someone, challenge someone who is religious for profit.

And, the interviewer dutifully moves along without pointing out the absurdity of his response.

About America becoming a "better nation"? Jakes says, "Let's talk about racism." Then he said, "the goal should not be to change everyone's heart, that's impossible, because only God can do that. The goal should be to change the policies and systems that are skewed against underserved people."

Get it: T.D. Jakes is an antichrist man. He lives for the systems, the order of this age. He leverages "religion for purpose" precisely to make a profit and a name for himself and to position himself as someone with a voice in "changing the policies and systems that are skewed against underserved people." This is not gospel. This is full on secular thought. T.D. Jakes has all the power he can have in the American Christian culture. It isn't enough. He wants more power outside of that culture. He is leaving what he calls the "impossible" work of changing hearts that "only God can do" behind, copping out, and he is putting his large footprint into the culture wars and the political battles that are fought by men whose destination is hell.

We saw this about a year ago when the whole TV show thing first popped up. He said then he wasn't using the TV show platform to further the gospel. He was "appealing" to people outside the church. He will continue to muddy the waters and people will continue to eat the pure slop that he serves.

T.D. Jakes is a false teacher and is to be avoided at all costs. American Christians have a duty to calmly point to him and say lovingly to our brothers and sisters, "There goes a man after his own heart. Do not follow him. Do not listen to him."

2016/9/15 10:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It is a giveaway when a pastor is constantly interviewed by secular media in a favourable light. Could you imagine Jesus Christ our Lord being interviewed and him aligning and being happy with the world system.

John 3:19-21 New International Version (NIV)

19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

I do not see in anyway T.D. Jakes exposing "evil deeds" of the world on his huge public platform.

2016/9/15 10:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Tim, I totally agree with you. The real problem is, when folks don't have their total hope in Christ, they have to have some hope in man. I have clicked past him at times, and see half the congregation up out of their seats, are they up for TD or are they up for Christ? For lack of a better statement I will say this, he is somewhat like a cult leader, because this is what a cult leaders flocks do, they flock to their leader. TD has blindfolded his sheep, with his overwhelming noise from him, and his instruments. Has anyone noticed lately, that some of the usually timid pastors, that spoke a good word, have moved over into the noise arena? They are doing this because they see there is more money in this type of preaching. I think one of the greatest examples of a true Godly man today, that still gets his message across, without hollering at you and turning up the pipe organ, or electronic keyboards is Charley Stanley. I also enjoy listening to Robert Jeffress out of Dallas.

2016/9/15 10:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy