SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Biblical cosmology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Biblical cosmology

Szuszanna: I spend some time researching both the video and the group that put it out. I cannot judge whether these people know and love God, probably so. But their Biblical interpretations and the things that they choose to focus on as important or essential show them to be very far off the path Biblically and very deceived where Biblical truth is concerned. In my opinion, I would not subject myself to their teachings.

As to the flat earth, I think that question has been put to rest. There is simply no question. All of the laws of physics and mathematics which God established when He fixed the workings of the earth and universe would literally fall apart if the earth were flat. The author is reading into verses a meaning that is strained rather than reading out of the verses their plain meaning.

2016/9/12 13:15Profile
docs

Re: Association

Well, I hear what you are saying and I'm not trying to be overbearing. But the fact is that if someone offers articles or videos from websites it almost goes without saying that somehow people feel you may agree with the website and its sponsors. Whether you do or not. And I'm not saying you do. It's just that I was somewhat taken back by the website and its anti-trinitarian stance and other unorthodox beliefs and the preposterous article about crypto-Jews. But thank you for listening. I just felt a disclaimer regarding some of the things presented by this group may have been wise. They say they have leaders but then don't name them but say their leadership is just a loose confederation of people spread over the world. But it may not even be my place to suggest that. If my comments are offensive or seen as meddling I apologize up front. I'm not trying to stir trouble at all

2016/9/12 13:17Profile

Re:

Thanks twayneb, I see that no one is puzzled by the scriptures presented in the video or Luther and Calvin or the creation question I presented. But I am puzzled.
I heard this quote before but forgot who it is from:
"We rather have questions that can not be answered than questions that can not be asked"
Again I brought up this video not to agree with it but to talk about the questions it brings up. The same way that we could discuss for example whether the bible teaches that Mary to be worshipped or not.
"I would not subject myself to it's teaching"
Please don't, this teaching is up for discussion, as in prove everything and hold fast to what is good.
God Bless you,
Zsuzsanna

Edit I apologise for misquoting the poster, here is the correct quote: "In my opinion, I would not subject myself to their teachings." Neither do I and never did. I hoped to discuss ideas not teachers. I am not Pauls ot apollos' we do not follow humans we follow Christ.

2016/9/12 13:52

Tozsu:

you asked me:
"Neil, Do you think that this idea is dangerous? It wasn't in the early church."

no, I do not think that this all is "dangerous", BUT I see the same old dysfunctional rubric settling in, said rubric, "pet" beliefs or "doctrines" slash agenda's....but precious one:

THE FAULT IS MINE...its on me, fore I NEVER should have responded, forgive me. and with that, I only wish the Grace and the Love and the Mercy of God on your dear heart and soul, in Jesus Love, neil

2016/9/12 14:04

Re: Tozsu:

I am glad that it's not dangerous, since no one is interested in this discussion I do not insist. It was my pleasure to hear your opinions.
Thanks everyone,
and God bless you, I love you all,
Zsuzsanna

2016/9/12 14:13
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Toszu-

What is there to discuss?

What difference does it make what the scriptures "seem" to say on this topic?

It is absolutely proven 1000% that the earth is a sphere; that it moves around the sun, that the other planets are spheres (we can even see Saturn's rings which encircle that planet) and we can see other heavenly bodies rotating. And all the planets orbit the sun and the whole solar system is speeding through the Milky Way galaxy. We can see our own earth rotating from outer space. Are you suggesting that it is turning like a coin spinning on a table?

What difference does it make what people 500 years ago knew, or even people in Bible times? They did not have telescopes and space travel etc etc etc and finally the Bible is not a textbook on cosmology any more than it is a textbook on quantum physics.

Don't you have any concerns that such arguments like the earth being flat makes Christians look like fools? It is one thing to be a fool for the gospel but quite another to be a fool for being a fool's sake.

2016/9/12 17:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://youtu.be/gIbfYsQfNWs

2016/9/12 17:55Profile

Re: Todd's video

Luke 12:7King James Version (KJV)

7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

2016/9/12 18:03

Re: What is there to discuss?

Biblical cosmology.
All the bible verses related to how our universe is.

I do not believe in evolution in the eyes of the unbelievers I am fool enough. Do you?

2016/9/12 18:06
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I absolutely do not believe in macro evolution (species to new species). But the theory of evolution is still a theory. The spherical shape of the earth is proven and observable fact beyond all question.

2016/9/12 18:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy