SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Why are we silent regarding the persecuted church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I don't know about Jeff, but it is breaking news that Keith Green was assassinated.

Fox News Alert! :)

Jeff, knowing brother Blaine, he means that the persecuted church is ignored by the American church, the evangelical church on the whole. He doesn't mean, obviously, those exceptions you mentioned. If we weren't ignoring them, we wouldn't have to promote things like International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church coming up soon. Make sense?

2016/9/15 13:26Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Tim, can you post the link to the news item on Keith Green.
Thanks.

2016/9/15 14:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Dave- I think Tim was being a tad facetious.

2016/9/15 14:50Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Ah! Went right over my head! :)

2016/9/15 14:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sorry to insinuate craftiness, I thought if he was back on si, that it was ok'd by you. I in no way meant that he'd snuck back in. My apologies.

Sister,

That is no problem!

Some could do it innocently as you have alluded to, but just so all saints now that we do not allow this on the forums for various reasons and abuse in the past. We think it is above reproach that saints just use one user account.

2016/9/15 15:15Profile

Re: Clarification

Brethren sonce I started this thread I will clarify. Let me say that there is more of an awareness of the persecuted church now in America than say 6 years ago when Persecution Watch was birthed. For that I praise God.

But we have an Administration that is hostile toward all things Christians. Thus there is a bias in United States immigration policy that favors Muslims over Christians. Whereas Muslims are accepted into this nation as being a persecuted people. The United States state department does not recognize the persecution of Christians in places like Syria and Iraq. Do you own state department has said there is no evidence of the persecution of Christians. This in violation of their own report that's released every year stating that Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world.

I would expect this coming from the United States government. For them to deny the reality of the persecuted church. What is heart-wrenching is when the American evangelical church will not acknowledge the persecution of their brothers and sisters in other parts of the world.

Thus the question I posed on this thread why do WE remain silent regarding the persecuted church?

I remember speaking with a brother some time ago about the persecuted church. He told me "I do not believe in a so called persecuted Church." When I was in a house church meeting speaking to the leader about the persecuted Church. His response to me was, "We are not led that direction."

When one goes to their pastor and ask could 5 minutes of the church service not be devoted for praying for the persecuted. The pastor will roll his eyes and say what are you talking about?

I daresay if there are some who question the Holocaust of the Jews that took place during World War II. Then some will believe the satanic lie that the persecuted church does not exist. Despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

Brothers and sisters Satan will do his best to hide the reality of the persecuted church from us in America. But even if we are aware of the persecuted church. Will we speak out on their behalf. And proceed to hunker down in our comfortable lifestyles. Thinking to ourselves. That is not my problem.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer has said that silence in the face of evil is evil. God will not hold us guiltless. To not speak is to speak. To not act is to act.

Are we going to be at the church in Germany was during WWII. Sing the hymns louder when the death trains rolled by Jews inside yelling for help. Or are we going to hear the pleas of our persecuted brothers and sisters and start praying for them? And start doing what we can to advocate on their behalf?

I hope this clarifies the OP.

-bbs-

2016/9/15 15:36
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The liberal left wing in the US cannot give credence to evangelical Christianity by showing them any compassion. In their eyes the evangelical church is their most vile enemy.

2016/9/15 15:58Profile

Re: Didn't see this post/ your question until just now , and had to "look for it" to find it....

zzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxx //// pp[[[ddddsss PP{ OOPS !
like cat on the keyboard !

To the question below - No, I'm not JeffMar, and don't know him, haven't ever heard of him (until I just now read this thread) , and haven't read any of his posts (don't have any clue who he was/, is, or what he is all about.

It's been awkward learning the quote/post/ functions and keeping track of posts/ threads so far.....

I don't see yet how to see replies to my posts or threads unless I just search/ search again/ for them until I find them.

With all my posts, anywhere, anytime, I'm seeking Yhwh's Kingdom, and His people - like King David did - seeking for honest people who won't tell a lie (they'd rather die)
and who are willing to live as Jesus says to,
always seeking the Father in heaven and to do as He says.
As He Permits,
shalom !
jeff
simply His servant....
by grace thru faith,even that faith being a gift from God.
---------------------------------------
Hey, question....
simplyjeff
Are you JeffMar?
If it is, we should have an introduction thread to reintroduce ourselves!!! If so, welcome back!
Lisa
----------------------------------------

2016/9/15 16:19
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Jeff,

We are encouraged that you are finding it worthwhile to post on the forums here. One thing I have noticed is that you are writing very fast and it would be much more worthwhile for saints to read your posts if you took more time and structured sentences and paragraphs better.

We are encouraging saints here to not have spelling mistakes in their posts and to not treat the forums as a chat box or instant communication. Rather we want to encourage believers to contribute very meaningful posts that are structured also well so they can be referenced and read easier.

Trust that makes sense to you.

2016/9/15 16:43Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: The Persecuted Church

Brother Greg,

Persecution of the Church is coming to America. The spirit of the anti-Christ, is already here and has entrench itself into the hearts of the un-godly.

Post 2016 election proves this "end time" behavior. Face Book and twitter are blowing up with anti-christian dialog.

I had a facebook friend that was talking about unfriending people because of their religious beliefs.

"Here is abrief excerpt of how he bragged on his board:

"He's one of those obnoxious "there is only one valid religion, and it's mine, the way I interpret it, and anyone who thinks otherwise is GOING TO HELL, " types.

I call that crowd "Born Against Christians." Randy calls them the American Taliban.

Sorry. Got no time for people who are rude and insulting while they insist that they alone are smart enough to interpret the mind of the Infinite."

That was mild compared to many of his friends who were talking about brutal ways to get rid of Christians.

Sorry about placing this here I am only using this as an example and you can remove it if you wish.

I am writing this in the spirit of Matthew 5:43-45

2016/11/17 23:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy