SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE POWER OF CONFIDENT SPEECH by Carter Conlon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE POWER OF CONFIDENT SPEECH by Carter Conlon

In the last book of the Old Testament, the prophet Malachi spoke about something that had occurred and will happen again among God’s people in a season of spiritual decline. “Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another” (Malachi 3:16, NKJV). What were they speaking? Were they not speaking to each other before this moment in history? What was it about their speech that changed?

The Scriptures tell us that “anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad” (Proverbs 12:25). It also says, “A word spoken in due season, how good it is” (Proverbs 15:23) and instructs us to let our speech “always be with grace, seasoned with salt” (Colossians 4:6).

There is incredible power in confident, calm speech. You and I must encourage one another now! We do not need the fire or the earthquake or the wind. Those things are wonderful, and if God should choose to do that, then so be it. But there is something more powerful than all those put together, particularly in this hour. It is that still, small voice of confidence in God. It is the voice that says, “All is well. God is in control of your situation, my sister, my brother. God is still on the throne. Jesus is still the victor, and we are still more than conquerors.”

You have no idea how much power God is willing to pour through your life as you walk through your day — in your neighborhood, your workplace, or your home — simply speaking words of confidence in the goodness and faithfulness of God. Let us open our hearts to the Lord and begin to speak to one another in those still, small voices. We will discover the incredible privilege of being an ambassador of the power of God to this generation.

2016/9/3 11:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy