Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE FAITH OF DAVID by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE FAITH OF DAVID by David Wilkerson

King David was known as a man who fully trusted God. He declared the theme of his own life when he wrote:

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him” (Psalm 28:7).

These weren’t just words for David. Scripture records event after event in David’s life when he showed great faith in impossible situations.

GREAT EXPLOITS

David did great things through faith in God:

He killed a lion and a bear with his bare hands
He killed the Philistine giant Goliath.
He escaped from Saul’s attempts to kill him
He won great victories over all his enemies.
Later, by faith and repentance, David was restored to the throne after his son Absalom attempted to kill him.

Through all these things, David boasted of the Lord:

“Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!” (Psalm 31:19).

It is no wonder Scripture calls David a man after God’s heart!

We also know from Scripture that this blessed man was overcome by temptation and he spent days, weeks, months in anguished pain over his failings and trials. David also suffered severe bouts of depression; in fact, he writes of his intense loneliness and of crying himself to sleep many nights. At times in his life he was so tormented and afflicted that he pleaded for death.

Yet, through those years of intensified afflictions, David never lost faith. Few people in Scripture were tested, tried and proven as David was. But he came out of it all with an ever-increasing faith.

2016/9/2 10:35Profile

Re: THE FAITH OF DAVID by David Wilkerson

Oh God!!!!

I and II Samuel record David's faithfulness not only to God, but King Saul, in whom David was on the run from during the prime of his life. Yet, even as a fugitive of King Saul, he remained faithful to both God and king. As he did not want to interfere with God's anointing, though King Saul wanted him dead...and David knew this...and it hurt him to the core because he truly and deeply LOVED King Saul as his own father...and, yet his love remained unrequited...

...is this not the example of the Christian life in a world which despises us?

2016/9/2 15:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy