SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Jerusalem Babylon the Great? Micheal Brown (6min)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Is Jerusalem Babylon the Great? Micheal Brown (6min)

Is Jerusalem Babylon the Great? Micheal Brown (6min)

https://youtu.be/iY4Zbs_H7Do

*i won't personally be defending & arguing every single point with those who disagree, as I have found it not to be especially useful/edifying in the end. I will leave it to others who may want to do so that are better at it than I (like Docs or whoever 😊).
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/9/1 14:55
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Is Jerusalem Babylon the Great? Micheal Brown (6min)

I disagree with Micheal Brown that one of the reasons why we want to promote israel physically to return of a nation is that when jerusalem is welcoming the messiah then he will come. The Gospel of Matthew says:

Matthew 24:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

It is when the fullness of the Gentiles come in when the Gospel is preached to all the world then the Lord will come.

Romans 11:25 New International Version (NIV)

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

I believe also physical Israel will be a persecutor of true Christians as they already are right now. But I believe that will become worse that "ALL" nations will hate and put Christians to death (Matthew 24).

Even the anti-christ could be revealed or use Jerusalem as a staging place. But that does not undermine God's plan to save the people of Israel once the fulness of the gentiles come in.

There will be a New Heavens and New Earth where Jesus will reign, the enemy will try and pseudo that during the Tribulation period before His coming.

2016/9/1 18:06Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: /// There will be a New Heavens and New Earth where Jesus will reign, the enemy will try and pseudo that during the Tribulation period before His coming.///

my understanding of 2 pet 3 it would seem to me that the new heaven and new earth do not come about untill after the old : heavens and old earth are burned up.

I would be interested in how premillennialist interput that portion of scripture ?

10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

add: my question is not directed exclusively at Bro Greg.
I would be interested in any non contentious premillennialist brethren giving their understanding of those verses

2016/9/1 18:33Profile
savannah

Re: Is Jerusalem Babylon the Great? Micheal Brown (6min)

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH = Jerusalem

Rev 17:5-6 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Isa 1:21  How is the faithful city become a harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Isa 1:8-10 And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.  Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.  Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

Jer 23:14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem a horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom,and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

2016/9/1 22:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy