SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "The Lord is my protector"??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: "The Lord is my protector"??

Quote:
by TMK
So again I ask, what does "the Lord is my protector" mean from a practical standpoint?

Again, this is a testimony from the Holy Spirit in the life of Lisa!! LOL Around 1980, I lived alone in an apartment at the end of a cul-de-sac and there was a huge bush in front of my bedroom window.

I was awaken around 2 am and literally rose up from my waist speaking in tongues at the top of my voice for what seemed like 5 minutes. And it stopped just as quickly as it started and I sat there wondering what in the world brought that on.

Then I heard two voices whispering frantically to each other and then heard them running to their car. I jumped up and ran to the living room to look out the blinds and saw a car start up the street and screech it's tires taking off!! I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that they understood exactly what the Lord wanted them to understand!

The Lord proved to me that He was watching over me and I didn't have need a gun. Now, I stand alone with only my oldest son because everyone in my family has a permit to carry. When they ask why I don't have one, I tell them this story.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/9/1 9:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
by StirItUp on 2016/9/1 9:06:31

Are we being called to take up arms and fight on this thread? :)

Just asking...

No. Once again, people are being judged outwardly. Only God knows in your heart who or what you trust in.

We all have weapons in our house. Baseball bats, knives, cars, bleach, fingernails, fists, martial arts training,,,you name it. God is able to cause each one of us to understand if we are trusting in Him or not. We are in no position to judge one another in this area.

If you want to start a thread on "Should Christians Take up Arms and Fight", there have been many interesting discussions on it, but since SI has no index system, what harm will another thread on the topic do?

2016/9/1 10:18
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Wow! Lysa, that could have been a multimillionaire, good Christian man, coming to proposed to you, Gods ways are not our ways. :-)

2016/9/1 10:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Mr Bill Pro
Wow! Lysa, that could have been a multimillionaire, good Christian man, coming to proposed to you, Gods ways are not our ways. :-)

He'd have knocked on the front door then!! Haha but Bill, you cracked me up with this.

2016/9/1 10:48Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Hi All:

Been on the road traveling for work the past two weeks and only home on weekends. I did not realize my query was going to create such debate. It was not my intention or heart, just honest question based on a conversation I had last week.

I appreciate all the input and will prayerfully read through when I get a chance. While my position is to put my faith in the Lord, I have learned a long time ago and stand upon this scripture.

Romans 14:4 KJV Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Got to run, and will hopefully have some time to read through the OP, and this one Todd started.

BTW, please shoot up a quick prayer for a young Indian man named Shafquat (Shaf-Kot), I had a wonderful opportunity to share the Gospel with him at the location I am working at.

Blessings,
BD

2016/9/1 11:22Profile

Re:

"...a multimillionaire, good Christian man coming to propose to you."

I am not saying anything. Cause the fruit of the spirit is self-control:-) I am just going to sit here and shut my mouth. No smart comments. Nothing. I'm walking away now...bye :-)

2016/9/1 14:21
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well Mark, I have to let the cat out of the bag, I know Lysa and have talked to her at length a few times, so it was sort of an inside joke. :-)
O, and I think I might even be her a/c man now, she sometimes calls my tech support hotline. :-)

2016/9/1 15:13Profile

Re:

ah, that makes sense then:-)

2016/9/1 15:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy