SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : worthy is the lamb?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

worthy is the lamb?

theres a song called agnus dei i think i spelled it right..well i was wondering if anyone could tell me if theres a meaning to this song cus im gonna play it at my church on the keyboard and i would like to be able to discus what it means before i play it "For our lord God almighty reigns
Alleluia alleluia
For our lord God almighty reigns
Alleluia

Holy holy
Are you lord God almighty
Worthy is the lamb
Worthy is the lamb
You are holy
Holy
Are you lord God almighty
Worthy is the lamb
Worthy is the lamb
also can someone tell me what the lamb is in revelations. it says it has 7 horns and other stuff and i dont understand who the lamb is or what it means by 7 horns etc.

2005/6/1 3:44Profile

Re: worthy is the lamb?

Quote:

luckyd wrote:
also can someone tell me what the lamb is in revelations. it says it has 7 horns and other stuff and i dont understand who the lamb is or what it means by 7 horns etc.

Revelation 5:6
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are [b]the seven Spirits of God[/b] sent forth into all the earth.

is that the answer your looking for?

2005/6/1 11:22
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Here's a little something from Clarke's commentary on Revelation 5:6;

Seven horns - As horn is the emblem of power, and seven the number of perfection, the seven horns may denote the all-prevailing and infinite might of Jesus Christ. He can support all his friends; he can destroy all his enemies; and he can save to the uttermost all that come unto God through him.

AMEN!

In Christ,

Ron

2005/6/1 14:32Profile

I think you might find it helpful to read the whole of Revelation 4. It begins with a door (Jesus calls Himself the Door, in John 10:6 - 9.) being opened in heaven and what John (the apostle) could see there. This is mainly a picture of worship, and cries of 'Holy, holy, holy' to the Lord God Almighty. Is this any clearer now?

Quote:
Worthy is the lamb

Jesus Christ is the Lamb (who was slain), as announced by John the Baptist at the beginning of (the disciple) John's gospel.

[b]John 1[/b]
28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing. 29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, [b]Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world[/b]. 30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but [b]he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God[/b]. 35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; 36 And [b]looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God![/b] 37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

2005/6/1 21:57

Like a cool breeze in summer is a dialog that gives glory to God and unto the Lamb. Thank you so very much for beginning it, I hope this becomes the all time largest read and responded too thread on SI. Glory to God and Worth is the Lamb indeed. Praise His Holy Name.

Lord, how slow we are in our diligence to bring forth truth and light, to pause and give You praise, honor, and glory. Oh, my heart melts from words into groans when it considers all You have done for me. How can I but praise You and worship You, and Give glory and cry Holy, Holy, Holy, Worthy is the Lamb. Worthy is the Lamb. Worthy is the Lamb, that was slain and is risen. Worthy is the Lamb, that died for me. Oh how I need Your precious blood sprinkled all over me, that I may have fellowship with The Father and the Son by the Holy Spirit. Glory to God in the highest.

2005/6/2 8:51
Nellie

Re:

Worthy is the Lamb, Jesus Christ, who has redeemed us to God by His Blood, and who is interceding for us,at the Throne room, that our faith fail not.
He is worthy of ALL glory, honor, and praise.
That I may know Him, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom He sent, is my plea.
God Bless you one and all.
Nellie :-)

2005/6/2 19:22Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

luckyd
1. "agnus dei" is Latin for 'Lamb of God'.

2. who is he?
Revelation 5 gives us enough information to work this out easily.
He is from old Israel's royal tribe of Judah.
He has been killed but is alive and standing
His death was 'for us' and it 'redeemed' us. (bought us back to God)
It is a symbolic representation of Jesus Christ; dead, raised and on heaven's throne. The book of the Revelation is full of symbols.

3. 7 horns?
Revelation uses numbers for symbols too and 7 is a the number of the complete week and means 'perfect' and 'without anything missing'. the horn in the Bible is a symbol of power. The ox was the most powerful animal in the ancient land of Israel. This lamb has 7 horns which means 'complete power'. The lamb also has 7 eyes. The eyes symbolise knowledge, so this lamb has complete power and complete knowledge. This is a very wonderful picture when we unpack it.

It is telling us that Jesus Christ died for us but is alive again. Not only is He alive but he is on heaven's throne. He has complete power and complete knowledge which will guarantee that His rule is perfect too.

Think about this. If He had complete power but incomplete knowledge He would be able to do anything but there might be some things He didn't know about. If He had complete knowledge but incomplete power He would know everything but could not change everything. Christ has died, risen, been enthroned in heaven and has all power and knowledge. This is the Revelation's way of saying

Jesus is alive from the dead, and has been given all power in heaven and earth, and He is our own Redeemer..

2005/6/9 4:45Profile
luckyd

tx

Re:

I would like to thank you for your help in my understanding of agnus dei or "lamb of god" as you shared that with me. That is really awesome how u explained the number 7 to me with the horns and eyes. Thank you again i apreciate this very much.

2005/6/10 4:01Profile
luckyd

tx

Re:

Thank you for your help in my understanding. Im glad I signed up because im very grateful people are willing to help eachother learn about god.

2005/6/10 4:03Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

We are all benefiting from spending time here. Welcome to the family.

2005/6/10 4:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy