SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians Bearing Arms

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Those verses apply to a person individually and is talking about offenses and insults not murder.

What do you think Jesus would have done to a child abuser he caught in the act? Preach to him? Woe to that man.

2016/8/30 15:18Profile

Re:

The case your positioned to make is the reason the US is awash in violence. Every man doing what is right in their own eyes.

Tell me why did God say an "eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" in the first place?

marcmc

2016/8/30 15:55

Re:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/30/masked-gunman-flees-home-invasion-after-women-begin-chanting-jesus-name-get-out-of-my-house-in-the-name-of-jesus/

The above article is an account where a woman faced a home invader. And she drove out the home invader by calling upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2016/8/30 16:48

Re:

http://www.bible-knowledge.com/calling-on-jesus-in-middle-of-crime/

More testimonies of those who call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in the middle of a home invasion or crime.

2016/8/30 16:57

Re:

I remember one of our forum members posted this story a few years ago. It is in the archives but I cannot find a thread that she posted it on. So I hope I'm reflecting this from an aging memory.

This sister told the story of a pastor who was walking back from an event in a city in Canada. It was late at night and quite dark where the pastor was walking. The pastor heard a young woman screaming and saw a man dragging her into an alley. Without thinking of his own life the pastor ran into the alley and started shouting "Do not take her take me." "Do not take her take me." The assailant was so terrorized by the pastor's running at him he let the young woman go and ran off. I'm sure this story is true.

This pastor must have had a holy boldness from the Holy Spirit that caused him to run to help the young woman. Not having a conceal and carry or martial arts training. But like David. Simply going in the strength of His Lord to face this enemy. God went before him and drove the enemy away.

Personally I do not have a conceal and carry. I'm 2200 legally blind. So for me to have a weapon in this house or on my person I would do more damage to myself then to an assailant.

I cannot tell you what I would do if I were faced with a robber. Someone who had a loaded gun intending to do me harm. If presence of mind about me I pray that I would call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for protection.

However if like the pastor described above. If I saw someone being robbed or being raped. I hope I would have presence of mind to run at the person shouting as loud as I could in the name of Jesus Christ leave her alone.

The scriptures tell us that the name of the Lord is a strong tower in time of trouble. That those who call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved. Yes I believe this is spiritual salvation. However I believe there are times that one can call upon the name of the Lord and God will deliver them out of their trouble.

I do have this personal testimony. It does not concern a robbery or a home invasion. But it is in a situation where I called upon the name of the Lord and he saved us.

I was journeying back from St Louis on Amtrak. It was late at night and the train was winding its way about 30 miles an hour through the southern Missouri countryside. I remember dozing off as the train was gently rocking back and forth. I remember two men sitting in back of me quietly talking about their military experience. I remember the thought had occurred to me should I go to the restroom now or wait later.

Suddenly the train began to shake and the main lights went out any emergency lights went on. For several seconds there was shaking and no one really knew what was going on. I can tell you there was no screaming as most everybody was asleep.

I came awake and realize that this was not normal. The next words out of my mouth were Lord Jesus save us. Lord Jesus save us. Lord Jesus save us.

Later the train stopped. Our car did not topple over. The conductors came to check up on the welfare of the passengers. I heard the conductor say on his radio. "Amtrak dispatch there are no fatalities." I realize by calling upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ he had spared us from harm.

Later we heard there was a boulder in the middle of the track and the engineer saw it but could not stop the train in time. But God was gracious and did hear my plea for him to save us. And he did. By the way after that incident I definitely had to use the restroom. :-)

Brother and maybe we should rely more upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to deliver us. Then rely on our conceal and carry.

Again simply my thoughts.

2016/8/30 17:11
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

quote: Brother and maybe we should rely more upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to deliver us. Then rely on our conceal and carry.

I guarantee that if my home was invaded and we were in it, I'd be doing both.

If we are honest, there is no NT scripture that says a man cannot protect his family with force from persons intending to do them grievous bodily harm.

The idea of being kind to an enemy and not responding in kind to insults and offenses, which IS clearly taught in the NT, does not speak to a situation where an evil person is intending to kill or maim loved ones who we are supposed to protect.

2016/8/30 17:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

quote: "The case your positioned to make is the reason the US is awash in violence. Every man doing what is right in their own eyes."

Not at all. I do not take it upon myself to invade peoples' homes and murder them. Those persons that choose to do that must face the consequences.

I'm glad for you that there are no bad guys in Canada that you need to worry about. It's a non-issue for you then. Why would you care if someone else feels there is a real risk and they need to do something to protect their family?

You still have made no valid biblical case that would forbid it.

2016/8/30 17:42Profile

Re:

Last I checked, guns were not turning all the hunters in Canada, into criminals.

2016/8/30 19:17
proudpapa

marcmc

Hi Marcmc

This thread was a very noncontinuous thread from both sides, everyone was simply sharing their thoughts without criticizing others or trying to be overbearing with their views.
everyone was respecting David's request :

"Please feel free to share your thoughts and convictions and lets just respect others who might be on the opposite side of the issues in what we ourselves believe."

I have asked you before and I will ask you again please leave your national pride out of these discussions

2016/8/30 19:40Profile

Re:

The bible doesn't say do not text and drive either TMK. Something's are simply obviously wrong.

The truth is I care about any idea that hurts people. Your in the US and it's culture so like a fish in water can't see the real problem. Sometimes it takes someone from outside to say what others can't see.

I have now done that. Bless you brother.

marcmc

2016/8/30 19:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy