SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Pretrib Rapture???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Matthew 24:29-31New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Glorious Return
29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from [a]the sky, and the powers of [b]the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His [c]elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

1 Corithians 15:51-52

Behold I tell you a mystery, we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet, for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imoerishable and we will be changed.

1 Thessalonuans 4:16-17

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with a voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and we shall always be with the Lord.

Brothers I ask again respectfully do the texts above refer to two separate resurrection events or are they describing one resurrection events.

Do we need to refer to someone else is teaching to get an answer to the above question.

Jeff you command a degree in theology certainly you can comment on this as well as others in this forum who have the theological backgrounds.

I'm just simply asking from the word of God are we looking at two separate events here of resurrection. Or is one resurrection event being described.

Again respectfully asked.

2016/8/23 19:13
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

They describe one event, except the Matthew verses which describes an entirely different event.

There is only one rapture event and that is synonymous with the 2nd Coming.

2016/8/23 19:51Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

2016/8/23 20:58Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster
Brothers I ask again respectfully do the texts above refer to two separate resurrection events or are they describing one resurrection events.

Do we need to refer to someone else is teaching to get an answer to the above question.

Jeff you command a degree in theology certainly you can comment on this as well as others in this forum who have the theological backgrounds.

I'm just simply asking from the word of God are we looking at two separate events here of resurrection. Or is one resurrection event being described.

I believe they are all synonymous and culminate in the following chapter. (I believe that) The First Resurrection is the 2nd coming of Christ to rule and reign on the earth 1000 years.

Quote:
Revelation 20

Satan bound for a thousand years
1-3 Then I saw an angel coming down from Heaven with the key of the pit and a huge chain in his hand. He seized the dragon, the serpent of ancient days, who is both the devil and Satan, and bound him fast for a thousand years. Then he hurled him into the pit, and locked and sealed it over his head, so that he could deceive the nations no more until the thousand years were past. But then he must be set free for a little while.

The first resurrection
4-6 And I saw thrones, with appointed judges seated upon them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been executed for their witness to Jesus and for proclaiming the Word of God—those who never worshipped the animal or its statue, and had not accepted its mark upon their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over.) This is the first resurrection. Happy and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! The second death cannot touch such men; they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him for the thousand years.

Satan finally destroyed
7-8 Then, when the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison, and will set out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, and to lead them into battle. They will be as numerous as the sand of the seashore.

9-10 They came up and spread over the breadth of the earth; they encircled the army of the saints defending the beloved city. But fire came down from the sky and consumed them. The devil who deceived them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulphur to join the animal and the false prophet. And there they shall be tortured day and night for timeless ages.

The final judgment
11 And then I saw a great white throne, and one seated upon it from whose presence both earth and sky fled and vanished.

12-13 Then I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne and the books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books concerning what they had done. The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up the dead which were in them. And men were judged, each according to what he had done.

14-15 Then death and the grave were themselves hurled into the lake of fire, which is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life he was thrown into the lake of fire.

I believe in TWO resurrections much more than I believe in a "rapture" as other's believe in. I believe that Matt 24 is everything leading up to the 1st Resurrection and including "the Son of Man will appear in the sky."

God bless, my friends,
Lisa

2016/8/24 7:59Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by jeffmar1130
Here is the official YouTube DVD trailer on the teaching that has Kirk in it himself, & Ray Comfort, Joel Richardson, quotes from Charles Spurgeon & George Mueller, etc.

https://youtu.be/N9iRT91_pyo

Wow! I watched that trailer and it is awesome. I will watch the movie this weekend!

Thank you!!
Lisa

2016/8/24 8:17Profile

Re:

Lysa said:

"The First Resurrection is the 2nd coming of Christ to rule and reign on the earth 1000 years. "

Sound doctrine, biblical and true. Expect opposition.

2016/8/24 9:12
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I have a question to add. Hope maybe someone will give their two cents on it. The OP referenced the doctrine of the eminent return of Christ. It is a foundation stone for those who believe in the pretrib rapture doctrine. Personally, I am not totally convinced of either view yet, but lean a bit toward their being no special rapture simply because it is not clearly taught in scripture, but only surmised by personal interpretation. Anyway, here is the question.

What is the motivation behind the doctrine of the Eminent Return of Christ? Why would those who believe in a pre-trib rapture say that the teaching of this doctrine is essential and important?

2016/8/31 15:50Profile
dolfan

Re:

Travis, I think the motivation is an honest belief that the Bible teaches it. Jesus' statement that "no man knows the day nor the hour" is one that, if He meant what pre-trib believers say He meant, it would be hands down essential.

"Jesus said it, I believe it, that's enough" sort of thing.

Except, He wasn't referring to a rapture when He said that. I'm no pre-trib believer.

2016/8/31 17:15Profile
savannah

Re: The Pretrib Rapture???

There's no rapture as the modern day eschatologians try to convince the masses of.

No such thing, pre, mid or post!

BTW - There is also no 7 year tribulation; aka, the great tribulation.

2016/8/31 18:42Profile
dolfan

Re:

Savannah, preterism duly noted.

2016/8/31 18:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy