SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Acupuncture?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Tim questions

Ha Tim, you're such a lawyer. I'm smiling because my own brother is a lawyer and has confronted me on various issues to make me think 🙂
And Julius, your sarcasm about herbs was not lost on me.
There are many things that fall under the category Paul refers to in 1Cor. 8 under the topic " food sacrificed to idols" where we are no worse if we do not eat it and no better if we do." 8:8 And these things refer to exercise of our freedom in Christ, using wisdom so as not to make a "weaker" brother stumble.
Traditions that have been handed down in the church, or the culture like the Julian calendar, Christmas trees, organs or guitars..I do believe one can live peaceably without going into a legalistic tirade. 🙂 By the way, been there, done that. Have learned wisdom over the years.

Have learned that without love I am a clanging gong, however when I get a red flag in my spirit about something from the Holy Spirit, I do want to obey.
Like Blaine Bearmaster would say " Danger, danger Will Robinson".

Before I was baptized in Holy Spirit I wasn't so sensitive.
I do stay far away from witchcraft that is clearly defined in Old and New Testament. Anytime (fill in the blank) witchcraft,sorcery tries to usurp God's power, there is danger. You probably would agree with me on that: in Acts 19:18-20 " Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds. A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to 50,000 drachmas. In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power."

I just think we do need to be obedient when the Lord reveals something to us. Where I live there is a Yoga center, a witchcraft store, a culture that adores Hallween darkness, gay bars and regular bars, Palm readers and channelers and Mormon Ward houses. Jesus has not told me to move but to pray for people to be set free from darkness. And as he leads I carry the light of Jesus within me. I'm praying against the darkness, brother, and I can't afford to play around with the darkness.

You prayed for me in SLC and others one week and I prayed for you and , that was good 🙂 I do sense God moving when we pray for one another.

There are spiritual forces at war with us but we don't battle against flesh and blood people. I remind myself self of this continually so Isaiah 61 is a reality to me.

I had the experience of knowing my sister in law and saw the tragedy of her life without Christ and seeing the choices she made to choose healing through acupuncture as her career.

I do know many Christians who do not set themselves apart from witchcraft and they are playing with fire. God cannot be mocked.

You may not agree with me but it is more important that you hear from God.
Not me! I do read and listen to the wisdom and discussions here. I am challenged by many of you here in my walk, I am grateful. I just don't think I'm gonna back peddle on the acupuncture. I would like to hear testimony from a Chinese person about it too, Todd

Sis L

2016/8/23 19:18

Re: Tim questions

I have a question for everyone?

What is yoga and tai chi without the eastern meditation?

2016/8/23 20:42
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Acupuncture?

Thanks! y'all for your input.

It appears I am still at square 1 in knowing what to do. Mom has been afflicted for two weeks...and there were times I was sure she was close to death and so did she...she made apologies, expressed concern for her children, grands, etc....this alone is remarkable considering what a strong-willed person she is.

And we are getting physically exhausted caring for her - there are four of us doing it in rotation. My body is feeling older then it has in a while.

Thanks for the prayers offered on our behalf. We need enabling grace to cope.

Sandra

2016/8/23 20:52Profile

Re: Acupuncture?

Quote:
by ginnyrose on 2016/8/23 10:06:03

I have been told by Christian physicians and other concerned Believers this is a procedure a Believer does not want to pursue.

Did they go into detail and tell you why? Can you share that with us?

Quote:
Has any one here had it done with no spiritual repercussions?

Sandra

No spiritual repercussions here. I had no check in my spirit from the Lord.

2016/8/23 20:57
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

J, Tae bo????? :)

2016/8/23 20:59Profile

Re:

Close, Dolfan.

It is stretching and exercise, so I've got to give it to you. :-)

2016/8/23 21:17

Praying

Praying, dear sister.

Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray...
Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up...
James 5:13-16

Was compelled to send these scriptures.

Sister Leslie

2016/8/23 23:34
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: Praying

I think with things like acupuncture it depends on the actual practitioner and their philosophy.

For example, I went to an Osteopath for a back problem. (osteopathic treatment treats the mechanics of the body, by manipulating the bones, joints and muscles, which is good for back and joint pain treatment. However some osteopaths take it further into a mystical treatment for any condition, which makes no scientific rational - I would avoid these types).

During my treatment I was advised by the Osteopath he was going to use some acupuncture to free up some of the muscles that were too tight. I was very reluctant at first, because I had always been told that acupuncture was a bad thing spiritually. However without any prompting from me, he was quick to point out that the way he uses acupuncture was purely 'physiological' and not based on any mumbo jumbo (to use his words) that the Chinese believe. They have discovered that the acupuncture needle when put into the affected area cause an endorphin reaction that relives the tension and pain and allowing them to better manipulate the joints and muscles. It certainly worked for me and I am happy with this type of use.

So I would suggest that if acupuncture is used for the right reasons to do what it actually does, it is a good treatment used along side others. I would avoid if it is used to try and offer a solution to something that has not physical connection to it application.

BTW years of general physiotherapy had no benefit for my back problems, but the treatment I got through the Osteopath relieved the problem in one half hour treatment.

2016/8/24 7:37Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Just an additional thought to my above post. Shingles is a very painful condition that comes out of the body's nervous system (my wife had it recently), so I think that there is a good possibility that acupuncture could give some pain relief as it acts on the nervous system, even if it does not get rid of it. You would need to check out if you were happy with the practitioner and planned treatment. Shingles will eventually go by itself, but it is painful while you have it.

2016/8/24 11:34Profile
jochbaptist

From ' History of Acupuncture | Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences

The Nei Jing is the earliest book written on Chinese Medicine. It was compiled around 305-204 B.C. and consists of two parts:

The Su Wen (Plain Questions) and the Ling Shu (Miraculous Pivot or Spiritual Axis).

The Ling Shu’s focus is acupuncture, description of the meridians, functions of the acupuncture points, needling techniques, types of Qi and location of 160 points.

2016/8/24 14:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy