SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Acupuncture?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Acupuncture?

The past two weeks we have been helping our 89 YO mom who is very sick with shingles - the rash is on her head in the area in front, behind, above her right ear down to her neck around to the shoulder. She has pain attacks that has her crying, holding her head and crying for prayer to help relieve the pain. These attacks can last for 10 minutes. She is on pain meds but they do not prevent the attacks - might space them, though.

Now my brother is advocating acupuncture to relieve the pain and the shingles itself having talked to two people who had the procedure done. I have been told by Christian physicians and other concerned Believers this is a procedure a Believer does not want to pursue.

Has any one here had it done with no spiritual repercussions?

Sandra

2016/8/23 10:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Acupuncture?

I am curious as to whether our persecuted brethren in China avail themselves of this treatment.

2016/8/23 10:34Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

For the life of me, I don't know why acupuncture would be a spiritual problem. I know that the acupuncture hippies in society talk about energies and chis and this and that. But, if sticking a needle in a nerve somehow gives relief then the reason is physiological. It isn't a bow to the occult in any way. If acupuncture works -- and I'm not saying it does or it doesn't because I do not know from personal experience and it seems very subjective -- then it works because of body chemistry and physics just like my allopurinol keeps my uric acid levels in check so little crystals of the stuff doesn't settle in my big toe and create a gout flare-up.

2016/8/23 10:39Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I tend to agree Tim. As long as the dr doesn't start talking about chakras and spirit guides and nirvana I don't see the issue. Not sure I'd want it done, not generally being a fan of getting stuck with needles.

I even think some chiropractors do acupuncture now.

To be safe I would go to a medical doctor that would keep it physiological as you say.

2016/8/23 11:01Profile

Re:

A Christian doctor performed acupuncture on my shoulder to block some nerves and allow my shoulder to function while it healed. Your nerves are a big highway system and can be blocked so "traffic" is rerouted so as to allow you to continue to function while the member heals.

Physical things used:
Needles
My body.

Spiritual things used:
Prayer on my wife's and my part.

Western society is not often open to other types of procedures but they do love pharmaceuticals.

2016/8/23 11:14

Hi Sandra,
I'm surprised at some if the responses here. This procedure was birthed in Eastern Mysticism. A believer should have nothing to do with it. That is merely discernment from the Holy Spirit.

Practical observation. I had a sister- in-law, who rejected Jesus Christ. She moved to and lived in California when every occult thing available was accepted. Though she was a certified nurse, she turned to alternative medicine in the 70's and in the 90's became a "certified" acupuncturist.

I prayed for this woman's salvation most of my life. She resisted God and only got deeper and deeper into many occult practices including yoga, tarot card reading, universalism and the eastern medical practices.

I never saw any good come out of these things. She used acupuncture on her dad who had prostate cancer. He received no healing or relief from her
practice. I consider it witchcraft.

My sis in law died of a very strange disease in her early sixties. I have no knowledge that she ever knew Christ unless He came to her in her last days of dementia and deterioration. And I know our God is merciful.

I pray that Jesus would relieve your dear mother and heal her of the shingles, dear Sandra. May God give you wisdom as you care for her in her old age. I am caring for my 88 year old mother and know the pains and deterioration is heart-wrenching but our God is able to bring comfort and aid to even the most inexplicable conditions! May He bless you too dear sister.

Sis Les

I

2016/8/23 11:52
Blessedchild

Canada

Re:

Hi Sandra,

I have heard that this remedy worked very well for someone although I have no first hand knowledge about the remedy. Of course there are variables to consider such as outlined in the link provided below.

Remedy
L-lysine 500mg 4 time each day
Add a vitamin C tablet and a vitamin B complex.
Apparently the symptoms start to decrease in a day or so
Must take the remedy for two full weeks
This individual only had L-lysine at times due to finances, and said it still worked well on its own.

Pray the Lord if you should consult a good naturopath or physician for correct dosage and their recommendations about this remedy or any other treatment including acupuncture. He'll lead you.

http://www.md-health.com/L-Lysine-Benefits.html
“L-lysine is an amino acid (a building block of protein) that is essential for health. However, it cannot be manufactured naturally in the human body like other types of amino acids. Therefore, L-lysine, also called lysine, is considered as one of the eight essential amino acids.”

God bless and may He speed your mother’s healing in Jesus Name

2016/8/23 12:42Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Lesyoung,

Question: Does everything that is 'birthed' in mysticism become altogether to be avoided by Christians? And, are you aware of any actual instance where Christians availing themselves of acupuncture experienced evil caused by the fact that they availed themselves of acupuncture?

If you can give a firm "yes" in full candor to either of those questions (pick one, either one) I'd consider it a favor if you'd share it and explain it. You've called us out on it, and I fully comprehend the opposition in your heart about it. I also don't doubt at all that the Holy Spirit has spoken to your heart in such a way as to say "no" about acupuncture.

Yet, I respectfully ask this: Are there not all sorts of things that were "birthed" in mysticism or even paganism that we never blink at? If so, has the Holy Spirit given you pause about any of those things? If not, why not?

And, in case you may not be able to immediately think of any such things, might I suggest a few things that were "birthed" in mysticism/paganism/occult that we do all the time and never attach any unholy meaning or quality to it? Such as: Christmas; Julian calendars; wedding rings (and most jewelry for that matter); birthday observations.

If not occultic, then certainly of the "spirit of the age" and the order of this world is would be dressing up for church (Wesley condemned it as worldly and that people should be "cheap as well as plain" in their dress for church), the addition of pews and organs and choirs.

My question is --- and by the way, I'm in favor of dispensing with all of the above and have no problem with us all dropping every single one of them to be perfectly honest --- if we are not cognizant of the attachments to the spirit of the world or the spirits of wickedness in high places, are we serving them if we engage in activity that happened to have an origin in unholy roots? How far does our burden go to make sure we're not doing such activity?

And, finally, is acupuncture somehow an exception to any of these questions?

I appreciate the time you take to address my genuine concern.

2016/8/23 13:31Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Sister Sandra,

First off I am very sorry for the pain your mother is experiencing and can only imagine how you all feel witnessing it and not being in a position to give relief to your mom short of the comfort of a loving touch and prayer which both def help:)

I have had acupuncture once and it worked very well and never had to return for additional treatments but mine wasn't a chronic issue as your mom is experiencing... Personally I'd prolly seek the help necessary to help my mom unless the Lord Himself directed otherwise in prayer.

Will def lift your mom up to our Father:)

2016/8/23 13:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
by dolfan on 2016/8/23 13:31:39

Lesyoung,

Question: Does everything that is 'birthed' in mysticism become altogether to be avoided by Christians? And, are you aware of any actual instance where Christians availing themselves of acupuncture experienced evil caused by the fact that they availed themselves of acupuncture?

I have decided to stay away from green tea and ginseng, now.

Dolfan, stay away from the herbs that mystic pagans use.
http://www.bellybytes.com/herbs/herbal-mysticism.html

2016/8/23 13:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy