SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For the Masters Use.. We will come out like Gold.. (:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

For the Masters Use.. We will come out like Gold.. (:

August 20
For the Master's Use
But he knoweth the way that I take:when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
Job 23:10
There is a purpose behind every trial. There is a reason for every difficulty we face. The Lord uses the temptations and struggles of life to make men and women of God fit for the Master’s use.

Robert Murray McCheyne spent most of his life suffering from physical ailments that eventually took his life. He always referred to afflictions as sent from God to make him more like Jesus.

“When He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” This is precious comfort. There will be an end of your affliction. Christians must have “great tribulation” but they do come out of it. We must carry the cross; but only for a moment—then comes the crown. There is a set time for putting into the furnace, and a set time for taking out of the furnace. There is a time for pruning the branches of the vine, and there is a time when the husbandman lays aside the pruning hook. Let us wait His time; God’s time is the best time.

But shall we come out the same as we went in? Ah! No, “we shall come out like gold.” It is this that sweetens the bitterest cup; this brings a rainbow of promise over the darkest cloud. Affliction will certainly purify a believer. Oh that all the dross may be left behind in the furnace!

McCheyne indeed came forth as gold. Be encouraged by his words here, and press on in the hope that the dross be left behind and that you, too, shall emerge fit for the Master’s use.

1 Samuel 12; Romans 10
Jeremiah 49; Psalms 26-27

2016/8/20 20:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy