Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Vaccination Questions

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Vaccination Questions

I think you are going to find the reasons are diverse. My parents did not vaccinate myself or any of my siblings. They believed that we should trust God with our health, so they did not vaccinate. However we did not have any problem going to the hospital if there was an absolute emergency (usually for stitches...lots and lots of stitches) and taking antibiotics or getting a tetanus shot (I know it is a vaccine technically) if we needed it. Might seem a bit inconsistent to some, but then again I would bet I could point out inconsistencies in all of us right? Anyway, that was the reason.

2016/8/20 17:24Profile
forrests

Re:

Quote:
I suspect a bottom line question that must be asked is whether it is "wrong" to use those stem cell lines. I can see both sides of that argument.

I don't see how one who fears God can "see" an argument that seeks to make the shedding of innocent blood a small thing and permits mankind to reap profit as a result of it...

...just have a hard time with that one. Honestly.

Not saying I don't count you or them as a brother, but...I don't know. That one is tough.

2016/8/20 18:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

quote: "I don't see how one who fears God can "see" an argument that seeks to make the shedding of innocent blood a small thing and permits mankind to reap profit as a result of it..."

you just described the atonement.

2016/8/21 0:50Profile
forrests

Re:

That is an appalling thing to say. I do not "make little" of the crucifixion of Christ and I'm not playing a battle of wits. I was talking about the murder of preborn humans and the use of their slaughtered bodies to protect our children from illness (among other "scientific" uses) - not the plan of God to offer up His Son to die at the hands of wicked men to set them free. Preborn babies are not willful sacrifices. I repeat, I find that comment appalling and very irreverent.

2016/8/21 2:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Forrest-

I was just making an observation- I certainly was not comparing the atonement to the use of aborted fetal stem cell lines. Lord have mercy.

Like I noted, this has all been discussed on a previous thread- I will see if I can find it an post a link to it.

2016/8/21 9:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=54947&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=1

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=54906&forum=48&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=1

2016/8/21 9:44Profile
forrests

Re:

"If anyone is found slain, lying in the field in the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess, and it is not known who killed him, then your elders and your judges shall go out and measure the distance from the slain man to the surrounding cities. And it shall be that the elders of the city nearest to the slain man will take a heifer which has not been worked and which has not pulled with a yoke. The elders of that city shall bring the heifer down to a valley with flowing water, which is neither plowed nor sown, and they shall break the heifer's neck there in the valley.

"Then the priests, the sons of Levi, shall come near, for the LORD your God has chosen them to minister to Him and to bless in the name of the LORD; by their word every controversy and every assault shall be settled. And all the elders of that city nearest to the slain man shall wash their hands over the heifer whose neck was broken in the valley.

"Then they shall answer and say, 'Our hands have not shed this blood, nor have our eyes seen it. Provide atonement, O LORD, for Your people Israel, whom You have redeemed, and do not lay innocent blood to the charge of Your people Israel.'

"And atonement shall be provided on their behalf for the blood. "So you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you when you do what is right in the sight of the LORD."
[Deu 21:1-9 NKJV]

Innocent blood search on BLB: https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=innocent+blood&t=NKJV#s=s_primary_0_1

2016/8/21 11:12Profile
proudpapa

Re:

God does not support vaccines :
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=54909&forum=34

U.S. Produced Vaccines from Aborted Cell Lines :
This thread had information on WI-38 the aborted infant used in creating the cell line that is used in the MMR vacine :
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51963&forum=35

A Healthy Skepticism of Vaccine Recommendations
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=53592&forum=34

Do Vaccines Violate The Christian Faith?
http://www.alabasterliving.com/blog/do-vaccines-violate-the-christian-faith

http://www.alabasterliving.com/vaccine-information.html

2016/8/21 11:53Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Vaccination Questions

At this point in life my attitude towards vaccinates has taken a decided turn but still mixed.

Our children today are 48-35 years old. When they were young we had them vaccinated for whatever the doctor recommended except for the youngest - he did not get his until school started because MS law required all children have their immunization shots up to date when entering 1st grade. The reason for this was simple procrastination.

All our children got chicken pox back then, our youngest had it three times. They never had measles or mumps but I got them after I was a mother and my husband got the measles. We all survived just fine, thank-you.

My position on this issue cannot be found in scripture but is based on what I have learned in reading articles on it. Like a lot of things one is left wondering what is true and what is not. However, based on observations I am not adamantly against vaccinations but do approach it very carefully.

For example, I strongly believe one should be immunized against polio - had a BIL who had it and in later years got post-polio syndrome - and that is hard on the victim and the care-givers. I promise, no two ways about it!

After having pneumonia twice I got immunized against it. I consider it essential because having pneumonia cannot be successfully battled without antibiotics - I know cause I tried.

Today, I look at the cost of vaccines and am totally appalled, horrified at its cost. Now, if my children were small and our income small, I do not know what I would do. The pneumonia shot cost me $54 seven years ago - today it is $200. These charges horrify me.

So, to answer your question, the cost factor weighs in heavily for me. Being practical and pragmatic that I am when no scripture violation is involved I do pause. I should get a shingles shot because mom has shingles and I am 69 years old. But shelling out over $200 is beyond ridiculous. I have been searching online on how to prevent it naturally and so far have found nothing. In the meantime, my dependence on the LORD for health is being severely tried.

(When others tell me medicare pays for it, I have to tell them we have never used enough of it to benefit...)

We know God has made the body to fix itself when things go wrong and so many times we will pray and wait for it to do its job. Sometimes He will give us direction what to do and with time have recovered. But must admit shingles has spooking qualities.

Our opinion.

Sandra

2016/8/22 0:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Thought of something else....

When I was a child the whooping cough used to make its rounds in school. Today they would call them epidemics.

Many years ago the "US News and World Report" printed an article that many say is controversial but am not sure but what it may be true. The article declared there has been a rise in asthma since children have become immunized against whooping cough. The theory is that the act of whooping will strengthen certain muscles that otherwise are too weak making a person susceptible to asthma without that workout.

There are some more questions that should be answered decisively but are left for theorists to grapple with: why the epidemic in diabetes? As child that attended a parochial school with 150+ students I know of only 2 who were diabetic. Why so?

I will quit now...got questions and few answers.

Sandra

2016/8/22 0:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy