SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Far be it from us to seek a crown of honor where our Lord found only a crown of thorns." - C.H. Spurgeon

2016/12/30 10:41Profile
jujashan4

Re:

I went looking for tools from God, what I found was the ruserrected Christ.

Nik Ripkin

2016/12/31 21:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“In giving us his Son, his only and definitive Word, God spoke everything to us at once in this sole Word, and he has no more to say.” - St. John of the Cross

2017/1/1 8:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"My happiness today shall not be based on happenings, but on my eternal, unshakeable, relationship with God." - E. Stanley Jones

2017/1/1 8:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The kingdom is to be in the midst of your enemies. And he who will not suffer this does not want to be of the Kingdom of Christ; he wants to be among friends, to sit among roses and lilies, not with the bad people but the devout people. O you blasphemers and betrayers of Christ! If Christ had done what you are doing who would ever have been spared'” - Martin Luther

2017/1/2 7:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Jesus Christ lived in the midst of his enemies. At the end all his disciples deserted him. On the Cross he was utterly alone, surrounded by evildoers and mockers. For this cause he had come, to bring peace to the enemies of God. So the Christian, too, belongs not in the seclusion of a cloistered life but in the thick of foes. There is his commission, his work." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

2017/1/2 8:00Profile
proudpapa

Re:

"The Christian Gospel is that I am so flawed that Jesus had to die for me, yet I am so loved and valued that Jesus was glad to die for me. This leads to deep humility and deep confidence at the same time. It undermines both swaggering and sniveling. I cannot feel superior to anyone, and yet I have nothing to prove to anyone. I do not think more of myself or less of myself. Instead, I think of myself less."
-Tim Keller

2017/1/4 13:28Profile
proudpapa

Re:

"The Bible’s purpose is not so much to show you how to live a good life. The Bible’s purpose is to show you how God’s grace breaks into your life against your will and saves you from the sin and brokenness otherwise you would never be able to overcome… religion is ‘if you obey, then you will be accepted’. But the Gospel is, ‘if you are absolutely accepted, and sure you’re accepted, only then will you ever begin to obey’. Those are two utterly different things. Every page of the Bible shows the difference." - Tim Keller

2017/1/4 14:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God is not pleased with our getting something done, but with our obedience to Him. If He told us how to do everything, we would forget about Him and put all our confidence in the method, the way we do it. Is that not what this idolatrous generation has done? God is not teaching us how to be a good success. He is teaching us to trust, to obey, to know and to love Him. That is His supreme design and intention for us. His delight is not in what you can do, but in you yourself. Do what He tells you and learn to know Him." - Conrad Murrell

2017/1/9 4:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"As we meditated, it became clear to us that the Church was born out of the sufferings of our Lord Jesus Christ. The reason He suffered was because He came as the Truth and the Light into a world of falsehood and darkness. Representatives of this darkness and untruth, hating His Light and Truth, attacked Him and in the end crucified Him. We, therefore, who have been born of Him are always liable to persecution, as He Himself told us, saying, "Where I am, there shall also my servant be."3 This may be on a cross. He said, "The world will make you suffer. But take courage! I have defeated the world."" - Festo Kivengere

2017/1/10 13:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy