SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The more intensely the bright lamp burns, the greater the illumination in the darkest of rooms." - R. Edward Miller

2017/4/2 8:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Wherefore let us forsake the vain doing of the many and their false teachings, and turn unto the word which was delivered unto us from the beginning, being sober unto prayer and constant in fastings, entreating the all-seeing God with supplications that He bring us not into temptation, according as the Lord said, The Spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak." - Polycarp

2017/4/5 6:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"There is a widely-spread desire to make things pleasant in religion – to saw off the corners and edges of the cross, and to avoid, as far as possible, self-denial. On every side we hear professing Christians declaring loudly that we must not be “narrow and exclusive” and that there is no harm in many things which the holiest of saints of old thought bad for their souls.
"That we may go anywhere, and do anything, and spend our time in anything, and read anything, and keep any company, and plunge into anything, and all the while may be very good Christians – this is the maxim of thousands. In a day like this I think it good to raise a warning voice, and invite attention to the teaching of God’s Word. It is written in that Word, ‘Come out and be separate.’“
~ J.C. Ryle

2017/4/8 6:52Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

"I want to see a fellowship where your burdens become mine! Your grief over your children becomes my grief! Where we really bear each other's burdens; where we love each other and let the world come and see that we are the followers of the meek and lowly Jesus who cared only to do the will of His Father." ~ Leonard Ravenhill

2017/4/8 6:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Speak well of those who speak evil of you. Pay good for evil. Pray for those who cause you various offenses, wrongs, temptations, persecutions. Whatever you do, on no account condemn anyone; do not even try to judge whether a person is good or bad, but keep your eyes on that one evil person for whom you must give an account before God​–​ ​yourself." - Ignatius Brianchaninov

2017/4/9 6:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God never abandons a soul that puts its trust in Him, even though it is overpowered by temptations, for He is aware of all weaknesses." - Nilus of Sora

2017/4/10 6:27Profile
proudpapa

Re:

You are mistaken if you think you can drive me into a corner because of a quotation, and if you want me to find a contradiction in the Scriptures, I would never venture to think or to admit such a thing. Even if a passage which seems to contradict another were laid before me, I still remain firmly convinced that no passage contradicts another. In such a case I would rather say that I cannot understand the words and shall do my utmost to get those who imagine contradictions in the Scriptures to share my conviction. -
Justin Martyr

2017/4/11 15:12Profile
proudpapa

Re:

The WORDS of God and the WORD of God stand together; to separate them is to render both powerless. Any expounder of the words of God is liable to go off on a tangent if he or she does not remember this stern, undeviating standard of exposition, namely, that no individual experience is of the remotest value unless it is up to the standard of the Word of God. The Bible not only tests experience, it tests truth. The Bible tests all experience, all truth, all authority by our Lord Himself and our relationship to Him personally. - Oswald Chambers

2017/4/11 15:15Profile
proudpapa

Re:

The one great reason for holding the inerrancy of Scripture is: If it is God the Holy Spirit who speaks in Scripture, then the Bible is the Word of God, and like God, infallible. . . . It should be expected that under the scientific method apparent contradictions should appear and constantly multiply. The Bible is a sensitive plant, which shuts itself up at the touch of mere critical investigation. . . . The scientific method is futile for understanding the words of the Holy Spirit: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived . . . but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit" (1 Corinthians 2:9-10). . . . Faith holds not only the keys of all the creeds, but of all the contradictions. He who proceeds under the conviction that the Bible is the infallible Word of God will find discrepancies constantly turning into unisons under his study.. . . The contradictions of man may really be the harmonies of God. An uncultivated listener, hearing an oratorio one of the great masters, would detect discords again and again in the strains. As a matter of fact, what are called "accidentals" in music are discords, but discords inserted to heighten the harmony. Again and again alleged discrepancies of Scripture jar the ear but then are reconciled. With what emphatic and enhanced harmony the words of the psalmist, speaking by the Holy Spirit, fall on our ear: "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple" (Psalm 19:7).
- A.J. Gordon

2017/4/11 15:32Profile
proudpapa

Re:

We should desire to be governed by no voice other than the one we find in the Bible. We can't trust even the sweetest inner voice we may hear. Paul says that even if an angel were to bring us a word that's contrary to scripture, we should reject it. - David Wilkerson

2017/4/11 16:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy