SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What are you worth?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

What are you worth?

Before I encountered God in new birth I felt zero worth and this was the root cause of all of my problems in life, be it anger or alcohol or drugs and so on. Without any details, I was robbed of any worth as a kid. I set of down that typical destructive path. My brother ended up in prison, in and out for many years, my sister fought her own demons and died last year ( not before finding God, praise Him)

Encountering God in the new birth,there sprung forth life. Yet every life needs the light to grow, nothing grows in the darkness. And so I have had at least two significant encounters with the inspiration of Calvary after the new birth which has significantly changed the actual wiring in my head. You see, to know what Jesus did is revelation through His word but to truly understand it requires inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

To inspire someone causes them to grow because of what you have imparted. Have you been " inspired," by the Holy Spirit, has there been an impartation? How will you know? How would you not know? It changes everything. If you have never experienced this then I urge you to seek and to plunge the depths of Calvary, consider the cost, consider the anguish and the agony of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. What kind of love is this??? Something above and beyond our wildest imaginations. Can it be grasped?

Yes, it is a work, it is the work of the Holy Spirit and it is found by those who diligently seek it out. If you are looking, He will find you, He will reveal to you, He will inspire you and impart to you the depths of His love as seen on that old Rugged cross so despised by the world. And you will finally see your true worth as all the lies of this old world fall away like scales from your eyes. Your worth is founded upon His love!............Bro Frank

2016/8/17 0:10
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: What are you worth?

...so true brother Frank.

We are worth what Jesus paid for us!

Our worth and our identity are now found in Him. We are no longer slaves to fear but sons of God! And because we are sons He has given us the Spirit of His Son by Whom we cry out, Abba Father!

In this IS Love...not that we loved God BUT that He loved us FIRST!

Blessings,

2016/8/17 10:08Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Totally agree brother Frank!

This is (in my experience) one of, if not the, biggest issues with the people I encounter. But like you say, once we realize the value He ascribed to us it literally changes everything:)

2016/8/17 10:44Profile

Re:

Amen brothers.............bro Frank

2016/8/17 20:03

Re:

Whom the Son sets free is free indeed!!

Free from self-hatred, free from being a man-pleaser, able to handle the rejection of men, now, because we are valuable to Him.

We are the "apple of His eye".

Psa 17:6-8 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them. Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

2016/8/17 21:17

Thank you, brother Frank for this valuable reminder of our worth in the Lord's eyes, and His eagerness to impart more and more into our lives as we seek Him diligently.

And I thank the Lord for protecting you in the auto crash that Blaine reported yesterday. May many come to Christ as you witness of His Mercy and salvation. And may he pour the healing balm into your back and spine.

Sis Les

2016/8/18 4:20

Baptism in Holy Spirit

Brother Frank speaks clearly and eloquently on the new birth and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. His testimony is a dramatic one of a sinner saved by grace. He has overcome by his testimony and by the blood of the Lamb.

He is radical and gentle and poetic. He is the man God created him to be and he gives all glory to God. And I thank God for Bravehearts like him to speak the truth in this day of skepticism and unbelief.

My experience with God is similar to Frank's in that I was born again and believed and knew that Jesus was God but it wasn't until 2 years after being born again that I began to hunger and thirst for more of God. I became more and more aware of my sins and began to be convicted and be aware of my sin sgainst a Holy God, then I went to a church and I heard from the Baptist pastor that Jesus was baptized in water and I literally ran to ask to be baptized in water. It was an acknowledgment to everyone that I believed in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I was reading through the Book of Acts and realized I needed the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Others were realizing the same thing and we prayed for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
In my own apartment kitchen at 4:00 in the morning after praying all night Jesus poured out the Holy Spirit upon me an I began speaking in a new language and praising God with joy and His presence was mighty and it was like in the book of Acts!
So what happened after that? I began to speak boldly about Jesus. Whereas I had been a bit private about Jesus before now I was telling friends, family, professors and teachers and having no fear of men.

And I have never stopped praying and speaking in tongues though probably never in a church, mostly as prayer language that transitions into praying with understanding and I will pray in tongues with individuals who believe but have been ridiculed, mocked and told it isn't real by a whole lot of folks. Am I going to give up tongues because someone doesn't believe it is not real? Are you kidding me? It is s blessed gift from God and after death I won't need it but I will testify that is how the Baptism of the Holy Spirit happened to me. It is reality. It looks foolish. You can't argue someone out of an experience that changed their life for the better in Christ.

I tell you this as a testimony to the reality of the necessity of being born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit. That was nearly 40 years ago for me but it seems like yesterday because those were the days I went from death to life. And from not knowing what life was all about to knowing the God of the universe through His Son Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Now over the years, I have gone through many trials and tribulations and many have tried to dissuade me and even tell me that what I experienced was delusional but brothers and sisters, there really aren't many words except to say that you know that you know that you know.

If you don't know that you know that you know, keep pressing in until it happens to you and you will never ever be sorry for pressing through your doubts and fears into the glorious Truth of our God.

I am grieved that some I knew 40 years ago still don't believe and have lived a very shallow existence never able to trust Christ much even though they profess Him as their Savior.

Press in. Believe and act on that belief. God will not disappoint you. But without faith it is impossible to please God.

Sister Leslie

2016/8/18 8:54
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Baptism in Holy Spirit

Wow sister Leslie,

What a great testimony!

I agree 100 percent. There are many of our brothers and sisters who are absolutely missing out, I feel, on the supernatural dimension of being a Christian (although real Christianity is all supernatural :)
because they have been lied to and convinced "tongues" are not for today etc etc and because of the fear of man have ceased to press in.
I pray your open and honest testimony will shake them loose from those bonds and cause them to arise and take possession of all that God wants for them as believers!

Amen.

2016/8/18 10:02Profile

Re: Baptism in Holy Spirit

Dear sister Leslie, what a great testimony. If I could highlight two aspects of it, it would be 1. Unashamedness. To be baptized in the Holy Spirit is to be emboldened in a supernatural way that cannot be confused with someone's personality. Peter is a great example of one who was denying Jesus with curses to one who spoke without any thought as to the consequences of the truth he was sharing and of course it did ultimately lead to his death.

2. A lack of shallowness. The enormity of eternity, the reality of the Kingdom which is now and is to come overwhelms the one taken up by the impartation of the Spirit.

I believe this depth comes from the actual experience of the presence of God. One moment before the throne ruins us for this life. And what I mean by that is that the things of this world grow strangely dim in the light of His glory. It is not that there is not beauty and love in this world, for there surely is, it is that in comparison to His beauty and His love all other things fall short, and that phrase is not enough. There is the the presence of God which is otherworldly and then there is everything else.

To be in that place before the throne is to be home, is to be one, is to be complete, is to be fulfilled. The Lord Jesus states in John 17 that the reason that He came was so that we could be one just as He and His Father are one, that we could be where the glory is. And so, for those who have experienced the " glory," then all other things simply fall into their natural place.

The strange thing is, that even although the things of this world grow strangely dim, they are only dim in comparison to His light. For the mountains and the rivers and the birds of the air and the waterfalls and the magnificent creatures of the earth are magnified in the hearts and minds of the saints, no one appreciates the beauty of the creator more than the saints because they can see through eyes that have been opened to the true nature of all things. The smallest bird to the great blue whale, we are captured by it all because we know the creator, we know the artist.

Yet, the magnificent glory of the Godhead, the magnificent presence of God only serves to compel us on no matter the circumstances of our lives. Because we know that we are headed home and no matter how difficult the journey, nothing shall stop us from putting one foot in front of the other for every single step brings us closer to basking forever in the resplendent glory of our heavenly Father. I can say with all honesty that I long for the day of my homecoming. I long for the day that I dwell in that place where there is no sin, where there is no shadow of turning, where there is only Him and His glory. Let us long together saints in this journey that we share and encourage one another with the great blessed hope that lies within us............bro Frank

2016/8/18 10:51

Re:

And may the Lord hear your prayer, William!
For in these chaotic and distressing days, God's people need to press in and believe the Living Word of God so they may "Stir up the Gift of God which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:6,7 Paul to Timothy

God bless you my brother and your witness of our Lord in South Africa!
Stir it up :-)
Sis L

2016/8/18 11:01

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy