SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I see no ships!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I see no ships!

Every British schoolboy used to know the phrase " I see no ships." This was the famous reply by Horatio Nelson when ordered to retreat. He put the scope to his blind eye and announced that he saw no signal to retreat and pushed on and won the day. This is where the phrase came into the English vernacular " to turn a blind eye." The Democrats have put the " telescope," to their blind eye and announced that they see no pay for play within the ranks of the Clinton's foundation. The point being, if one does not look but announces innocence, then that one is merely " turning a blind eye." Lest we as Christians become blinded ourselves and look at our own lives through our own blind eye, we must be careful. Politics portrays some of the worse characteristics of the human soul and this year it is all on display on both sides. If you have a favorite side you might want to at least check and make sure the telescope is not being held to your blind eye.......bro Frank

2016/8/15 8:11

Re: I see no ships!

Amen!

Quote:
Politics portrays some of the worse characteristics of the human soul and this year it is all on display on both sides.

Religion portrays some of the worse characteristics of the human soul, also. Beware when Politics and Religion are in bed together...when the Harlot rides the Beast.

2016/8/15 8:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy