SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : (video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Right- true haters (skinheads, Nazis, radical Muslims) need to be dealt with differently than apathetic, or arrogant Christians.

I repeat that a person who claims to be a Christian but also actively hates a people group is not truly Christian.

But true Christians can be apathetic, which is why I asked your opinion on what Christians should be doing vis a vis the Jewish people to help shake this apathy.

2016/8/9 11:31Profile
savannah

Re: what to do

"what do you think gentile Christians should do for the Jewish people/Israel so as not to be considered haters of the Jewish people and/or Israel?"

Christians should preach the Gospel to them.
Christians should do unto them as we'd have them do unto us.

We ought to love our neighbor(Jew) as ourself.

We are called to not be a respecter of men's persons.

If one belongs to the human race, we as Christians are to practice the above to that one.

2016/8/9 12:42Profile

Re:

True haters are as sly as satan and as harmlesss as serpents. R T Version

(Especially in the world of religion)

2016/8/9 12:57

Re:

For one thing, don't hide from or ignore the history. The information is out there, & it shapes the backdrop of Jewish thinking and (understandable really, once you really look at it) suspicion from Jews being preached the Gospel to. We should be preaching the Gospel. But if we are willfully ignorant of what has been done to them "in Jesus' name" in history (whether it was true Christians or not - was Luther a "real Christian" - that's debatable I guess and another topic), then how can we have sympathy for where they are & how could we possibly be "loving our neighbor" if we are faster to run to our own defense than to "consider others better than ourselves". And yes, God is no respector of persons & we should preach the Gospe to ALL, because that's the only way ANYONE can be saved, through Jesus. But if you're saying God doesn't keep His promises to Israel as a people (like Romans 11 explains), that's another issue altogether. God is no respector of persons between men and women either. Both have equal value. "There is neither Jew, nor Gentile, male nor female...all are one in Christ." But God still has specific & unique callings for men not afforded to women & vice versa (I ain't having no babies anytime soon! 😊). Men are called to teaching & leadership over the congregation ((ekklesia)). But women are no less important, just differing roles. But no one gets in the kingdom of God (the deposit of it now nor the fullness when Jesus comes) apart from Jesus and Judgement awaits those who unrighteously reject Him. That is what "no respector of persons" speaks to in its full context:

Romans 2
6He will render to each one according to his works: 7to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. 9There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11For God shows no partiality (this is the ESV - some other translations say "is no respector of persons". Same essential thing).

Interesting that the Gospel not only goes to the Jew first & is for the Jew first (the natural branch), but this passage is clear that judgement will go to the Jew (who rejects Jesus in unrighteousness) first also. Judgement hasn't happened yet. So God still differentiates in this passage between Jew & Gentile (not in value but role) even at the judgement. How's that possible if Replacement/"Fulfillment" theology says Israel has no distinct calling, purpose, apocalyptic/eschatological role, etc.? It isn't. It's pretty clear.

2016/8/9 13:05

Re:

And the immediate verses before those gives the context of Judgement even better. The verse right before The ones I quoted says "5But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed."

So the clear day of judgement is a reference to the end of all things. And God still deals with the "Jew first & also the Greek/ie gentile"? Hhhmmm

2016/8/9 13:12

Re: So where is this anti-Semitism among evangelicals???

Brothers are we making how one views Israel to be the test of one's faith in Jesus? Also where is this hated of the Jews coming from among evangelicals.

As one brother said I must be hanging out in the wrong circles. Not that I hang out in that many evangelical circles. But most of the intercessory prayer calls I have been in have a fervent love for Israel and pray for them much at the exclusion of everything else.

A while back I did some Googling to find out if there were any prayer calls for the persecuted Church. Except for the call I moderate I could not find any other prayer call for the persecuted Church. But I certainly found about a half a dozen pair of calls they were praying for Israel and the Jews.

Two of the biggest intercessory prayer calls in the nation, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, and Prayer Surge Now, have a particular emphasis on praying for Israel.

Aglow has a prayer call that prays for Israel.

I participate in a monthly 24 hour prayer call hosted by Light if Zion. The number of evangelicals from different backgrounds come on that call and lift up Israel and the Jews.

I rejoice that there are a number of prayer calls that are lifting up the Jews in Israel. I would almost wish that there would be as much fervent prayer for the persecuted church as goes up for Israel. I daresay that Israel does get more prayer than the persecuted church does. At least I know there are a number of prayer calls that are going up for Israel. Only one for the persecuted Church.

This is not to compare Israel against the persecuted church or who needs more prayer. But simply to ask the question where is this anti-semitism that I keep hearing about? Again I must be with hanging out with the wrong crowd.

But before we start labeling evangelicals as being anti-Semitic. I would encourage those that are pro Israel to open up your eyes. Because there are many evangelicals who fervently pray for and love Israel.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/8/9 13:28

Re: Prayer Calls for Israel

Weekly Aglow Prayer Call

Annual Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem
Prayer Call

Monthly Light of Zion Prayer Call

Weekly Prayer Surge Now Prayer Call

Weekly Capitol Hill Prayer Partners Prayer Call

These are just the larger prayer call ninistries that pray for Israel and the Jews. There are probably other prayer calls that I was not able to come across. They're also countless churches and prayer houses that are praying for Israel.

So respectfully I ask where is this anti-Semitism I keep hearing about among the Evangelical community?

2016/8/9 13:48
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I do know that the vast majority of evangelicals have absolutely no idea what "replacement theology" even is because the great majority of such churches are futurist in their approach.

If I went up to 20 random Christians I know at my church and asked what they think of replacement theology, at least 19 would stare at me with a blank look on their face. The other one would say "I don't think we need to replace the carpet- what we have is good for another 5 years."

2016/8/9 14:03Profile

Re: Todd

Lol. Love the comment about replacing the carpet bro.:)

Got my good chuckle for the day. :-)

2016/8/9 14:13
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We have found on the forums that debating this issue of replacement theology, anti-jewish or overly pro-jewish statements do not bear fruit of unity or encourage our walks with the Lord Jesus daily.

Also speculations about political happenings are in the end nothing worth arguing for or even filling our minds with. We need to put on the Lord Jesus Christ and set our minds on things above not things of the earth (Colossians 3:1-3).

As was alluded to we must love our enemies, share the Good News with all people in the world.

This thread is now locked.

2016/8/9 14:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy