SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISIS Kill List Names 15,000 Christian Americans Targeted for Death

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

ISIS Kill List Names 15,000 Christian Americans Targeted for Death

http://townhall.com/columnists/bethanyblankley/2016/08/04/isis-kill-list-names-15000-christian-americans-targeted-for-death-n2201586

According to a report recently made public, early this year, ISIS specifically identified 15,000 Christian Americans for death and instructed jihadists already in America to begin widespread murder.

The Kill List report comes in the wake of ISIS already publicly warning American and British Christians that “they were next.” British police last week publicly warned its 5.4 million Christians to be on alert and in some areas increased security.

But,Circa News reports that the FBI did not notify American Christians who are on the ISIS “Kill Lists.” On its website it states:

“The FBI did not alert numerous Americans that they were placed on secret Islamic State kill lists or notify their local police about the potential dangers, a lapse in the government's efforts to combat the terrorist group's evolving strategy to target everyday citizens.

“To date, the terror group that goes by the acronym ISIS has published on encrypted web sites several hit lists naming more than 15,000 people it would like to see killed by sleeper cells or lone wolves in New York, Texas, Florida and California.”

Circa News was able to obtain copies of some of the lists and several individuals named on the lists. In Texas, for example, Circa News contacted 24 people marked for death. Out them, 22 had no idea that there was such a list or that they were on it.

It is believed that the list was purportedly created from an Internet search of church directories.

Michael Snyder of Charisma News remarked that the FBI did inform him that he and his wife are on the list. After further research, they discovered that his pastor and other members of his church were also on the ISIS Kill List.

Leaders of Christian organizations and Christian pastors should contact their local FBI and law enforcement to investigate if they are on the list and also request that security measures be taken to protect their congregation.

Despite the warning, good news does exist. Snyder pointed to a Detroit News article that describes how a 21 year-old Islamist from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, Khalil abu-Rayyan, decided that because he couldn’t commit Jihad overseas—he would find a mega-church in Detroit.

2016/8/5 0:23
forrests

Re: ISIS Kill List Names 15,000 Christian Americans Targeted for Death

Thanks for sharing! I plan to mention this to the brother who pastors a little church I've been attending- and seriously consider coming out of the "above ground" church all together (again). It may be time to go "underground" here in the US.

(I would also recommend removing yourself from all social media and deleting your accounts - especially if you are open about the Lord and there are also personal details and information on it as well. I felt the Lord leading me away from such platforms and by the grace of God started walking away from them a couple of years ago. I do not have any social media profiles right now, and I am thankful to Jesus that I don't. I'm not being legalistic- just recommending the saints to exercise serious caution.)

2016/8/5 8:29Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Isn't going 'underground' and removing the visibility of Christians exactly what these people want?

Did Paul or any of the apostles go 'underground'? Maybe directly after Jesus was crucified, but not after Pentecost.

There may be reasons for believers to go 'underground' when the state itself is persecuting, but to cave into fear at terrorist groups such as this just gives them the result they seek, imo.

2016/8/5 9:14Profile
forrests

Re: underground

Quote:
by Heydave on 2016/8/5 6:14:30

Isn't going 'underground' and removing the visibility of Christians exactly what these people want?

Did Paul or any of the apostles go 'underground'? Maybe directly after Jesus was crucified, but not after Pentecost.

There may be reasons for believers to go 'underground' when the state itself is persecuting, but to cave into fear at terrorist groups such as this just gives them the result they seek, imo.

I disagree. I see an "underground" church in the book of Acts and in the epistles. I see Jesus telling His disciples to flee persecution. If you feel that the Lord is calling you to something different - then by all means obey. But I sense that the Lord has been "hiding me away" in many ways and that I am called to "fly under the radar" to a degree. If "lone wolf" terrorists may be shooting up churches or targeting Christians, I don't believe I am scripturally obligated to put a big red target on the backs of my wife and children by continuing to attend a traditional church. We can also be "wise as serpants" and meet in homes and evangalize as led by the Spirit (like they did in Acts).

2016/8/5 10:00Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote: "I see an "underground" church in the book of Acts and in the epistles. I see Jesus telling His disciples to flee persecution."

Can you show mw the scriptures on this please (i.e in regard to this type of persecution).

Thanks,

2016/8/5 10:07Profile

Re:

This is for each one to take before the Lord I believe. I don't think it's to the point of the one extreme of say getting rid of My Instagram account on which I share about Jesus & the Gospel daily. But if someone else does, that's fine. I could see it getting to the point where we want to be wise as serpents & not ruin chances to be around to share Jesus with those the Lord leads us to, but I don't see us as "there" yet personally. But if someone else feels so led, then so be it, I have no judgement on them for this.

I do have a question: for everyone on the forum - can we say this is a clear evidence of coming (or arriving) persecution and/or judgement? Is that not becoming clear yet without it being called "fear-mongering"? Some see it coming sooner than other (prophets prophesy it when no one can "see" it, why they were once called "seers", watchmen on the wall see it coming from off in the distance because they are watchful and alert, but some are so adamant against these warnings they can then even refuse to see it even as the arrows are flying over their heads over the city walls & troops breach the city walls.

I have shared for a long long time that I believe Islam will be used in the hands of the Lord like He said in the OT "my servants, the Assyrians" to accomplish His will of waking up a mostly sleepy &/or immature church in the West. And I think part of our calling will be to help those confused make sense of it, show our ability to draw on God's grace through Jesus by the Spirit, not love our lives to the death, & yes, even search our hearts concerning loving even our enemies & praying for those who persecute and despitefully use us. This, I believe, is still in the beginning stages & will continue to ramp up and increase in the days ahead.

2016/8/5 10:17
docs

Re:

/This, I believe, is still in the beginning stages & will continue to ramp up and increase in the days ahead./

Along with growing anti-semtism and the further isoloating and ostracizing of Israel.

2016/8/5 10:35Profile

Re:

The only such admonition in scripture is when Jesus is sending out the disciples & says, "if they persecute you in one city, flee to another...and if they do not receive you, shake the dust off of your feet...." This is disciples, apostles really, being sent out as missionaries, if you will, to places other than their home for evangelism/ministry, & if they aren't received in one place, they are told to flee elsewhere. This isn't "stay at home where you already love, tell no one you are a Christian, give no visible or verbal indicators of it to anyone anywhere, & run and hide up in the mountains..." There is a difference. And even then I can see a time coming, of Jacob's Trouble - The Great Tribulation, where the bride is hidden away in the wilderness and protected for a season, and then afterwards is still overcome by the enemy (to those who would say "NO, WE ARE OVERCOMERS!" I would say the answer to what seems contradictory Bible is always more Bible - the scriptures say the bride will be hidden away for a season in the wilderness and protected & then will be overcome in this life by the enemy. I believe this to be the first 3.5 years vs the second 3.5 years of the time of Jacob's trouble). So let each one be convinced of these things in his own mind, search the scriptures, & be prepared to share Jesus at all costs, lay down their lives and comforts, take great risks for Jesus, flee if the Lord so leads, & be living as walking "witnesses" (from the Greek word Martyrias from which we get "Martyrs") even now. Of course, if you think all of this already happened in 70 AD, that sounds like gibberish to you and you can just kick your feet up & ignore it all because "every since His coming things go on as they always have..." & you can wait to just "be secretly raptured" (if you're pre-trib) which is escapism, or you can just wait around doing nothing different if you think the next event is Christ's imminent return (if you are a Kingdom Now Dominionist) & ignore all that I just said from the scriptures. Don't get me wrong, of course even if we die we win, "but to the one who has understanding and will teach many" in these last days, we will "know our God and do great exploits". I believe that, even if we are having to flee and hide to do it. That may not happen as soon as I think in my lifetime, but I think it certainly may. Especially looking at the prophetic eschatological scriptures, what's going on in the Islamic world and in Israel, & based on all of the birth pangs Jesus spoke of to look for beginning to come to pass, at least in the infancy stages. No one knows the day nor hour, but the fact is, America "could" even get devastated by internal Islamic terrorists & even Nuked from Russia/China/N Korea/Iran before all of these final events get fully cranked up anyways. Either way, the message is to "be ready". Have your lamps full of oil burning and trimmed, shining brightly, eagerly awaiting (the correct translation from the Greek of "hastening") the Lord's return and the culmination of all these things! That's not fear mongering either. I think it's actually exciting that we live as close to the return of the Lord to the earth as we do! Anyways, God Bless,
Jeff

2016/8/5 10:36

Re:

Yes Docs, absolutely. The "controversy of Zion" will be more of a forefront issue in the days ahead other than just a theoretical atherial theological discussion relegated to the replacement theologians, many of whom stand in support of those who oppose Israel. The issue of Israel & God's purposes will be a much more prevelant issue in the days ahead

2016/8/5 10:39

Re:

And by that I am speaking of the disciples in thought of NT Wright, Philip Mauro, Stephen Sizer, & the modern "Christ at the checkpoint" crowd. While I love Palestinian Arabs as much (or more) than they do, their movement is riddled with propaganda, lies, etc.

Interesting to note, the apostate "ministry" of World Vision (the same one that came out for gay marriage a couple years ago and then "retracted" it when they lost a ton of donors) just got exposed. They had a representative over Gaza named Mohammed (a Muslim) who was funneling funds given for "Palestinian Arab Christians" to the terrorist organization, Hamas. These people and the foolishness of much of their position I believe will come to light and be exposed in the days ahead.

2016/8/5 10:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy