SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bill O'Reilly categorizes born again Christians with ISIS

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
jeffmar1130 Seems like if "you don't have something good to say, you should say nothing at all" like my granny said.

So Jeff, is persecution a good thing?

2016/7/29 22:20Profile

Re:

Amen and amen Bill and Todd!!

The fear of the Lord is a clean fear and I can tell the difference between a prophetic word and frantic, fearsome, fear mongering, frightfulness. So, I do not despise prophesies. Don't let anyone tell you what prophesies you are to believe... That is the Holy Spirits job.

When I read the New Testament and the lives of the Early Church and bear in mind the days and times they lived in, I certainly do not get a picture of people constantly obsessed with the bad things happening in the world around them. And to be sure, there was much to be frantic about if you were walking after the flesh and not after the Spirit.

The witness and testimony of Believers in that time was one of peace and joy and righteousness while the world around them was going mad and it should be no different, today. The world is still going mad, but we serve the same Victorious One. It's pretty cool that we can have peace in the midst of such upheaval and don't underestimate how huge a witness this is to the world (people) around us.

I refuse to be reactive and desire only to hear the Holy Spirit through men and for myself.

2016/7/30 0:01

Re:

Julias writes......

"When I read the New Testament and the lives of the Early Church and bear in mind the days and times they lived in, I certainly do not get a picture of people constantly obsessed with the bad things happening in the world around them."

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
(Act 20:28-31)

Wow, three years, night and day, all day long about wolves coming in and flocks not being spared. Hmmm, wonder how much of an ear Paul would get today if he knew his Lord was at the door and all day long he warned folks about it,like the parable Jesus spoke of the foolish virgins, probably be mocked I would imagine............bro Frank

PS, to speak of events to come or soon to come upon the Church does not denote fear. If you are fearful when you hear such things then there is more work you need to do with the Lord for have we not already considered ourselves dead to this world? Hopefully.

2016/7/30 0:26

Re:

Amen,Julius.

2016/7/30 0:30

Re:

"Persecution has never hurt the church of Jesus Christ. Prosperity has often." - Paul Washer

So, like martyrdom when called to it, it's not a "good thing" humanly speaking, nor something to be sought, but it does achieve God's eternal purposes.

I'm not in fear. Not at all. Not sure how else to express that other than how I have extensively. And I'm not saying everything out there that proposes a "what if scenario" (the likes of Alex Jones Infowars or whatever) is a good thing or is from God (never said that either). What I have addressed since the beginning is the blanket statement responses and use of scripture is misapplied ways. And yes, calling what was clearly a prophetic word from Paul Washer (the Holy Spirit bearing witness) "ridiculous" & that scoffing, mocking, sarcastic attitude & misapplication, mischaracterization &/or misuse of scripture in context.

Anyways, I'm not whipping this dead horse anymore. God bless you all, but I'm out.

2016/7/30 0:41

Re:

I'm not fearful at all, and I would have witnessed to what Paul said as it speaks to me, today. I have quoted that verse many times on SI. I see many wolves.

But, there are way too many obsessed with current events everyday, in a macabre kind of way and sometimes I think I detect gleefulness. Prophetic words that the Holy Spirit confirms to my spirit, I embrace.

2016/7/30 0:42

Re:

Frank - excellent point.

Just curious Julius: "I have said verse that many times on SI. I see many wolves."

Really? Here on SI? Who? That's a bold and definitive statement & If there are actually really "many wolves" on SI, they should be called out as such for the sake of the flock, so I'm just curious which are all the many wolves you see?

And I saw no gleefulness in Paul Washer's words, & I too have the Holy Spirit and sensed weight in His words & you called them "ridiculous". That's concerning to me a bit honestly.

2016/7/30 0:53

Re:

Did I say anything about wolves on SI? Thank you, I did not think so. You have a habit of "putting words in people's mouths because of your imaginations." You can see it in many of your posts.

Did I say anything about gleefulness in Paul Washers words? Again, you assume, just about accuse me of doing it. I am not talking about Paul Washer, you are. And I never said Paul Washer was ridiculous just that phrase. You don't believe me? Check it.

I have seen many wolves in 40 years and see many today. They are not hard to spot. I have heard many false prophecies, rooted in flesh and witnessed many believers being taken advantage of.

Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Revelation 18:21
And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying,
Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

2016/7/30 1:04

Re:

If I misunderstood you, I apologize. I was just looking at what you said (not attempting to put words in your mouth:

Quote:
"...I'm not fearful at all, and I would have witnessed to what Paul said as it speaks to me, today. I have quoted that verse many times on SI. I see many wolves.

But, there are way too many obsessed with current events everyday, in a macabre kind of way and sometimes I think I detect gleefulness...."

So maybe I did misunderstand what you said? It's possible, I'm not perfect. And I don't know about a pattern of "putting words in people's mouths"? I don't think so.

And
As far as Paul Washer's prophetic warning: you called it and I quote "ridiculous". So I'm not putting words in your mouth. Just attempting to understand the words you are writing. Sorry if I misunderstood the flow of the wolves part. If you didn't mean it that way, I misunderstood & read your words differently than you intended them.

But some of the things you've said, I don't know how else to read them then how you wrote them?
Anyways, no biggie - God Bless,
Jeff

2016/7/30 1:13
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

It is to live with our head in the sand to believe that greater persecution will not come to the West. We are living in a disneyland of sorts where all is happy and entertainment, the Church is not living to its normal standard of being salt and light which does bring opposition and persecution though we do not seek after it (Read Matthew 5).

There are obviously those that Julius is referring to that are putting fear on the saints to make money, they are surely wolves. Yet the true prophetic warning from God can come and we must be willing to receive it. Men like Ravenhill and Wilkerson faithfully warned the body of Christ for many years of persecution coming.

We can take heart:

Proverbs 3:25-26New International Version (NIV)

25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the Lord will be at your side
and will keep your foot from being snared

2016/7/30 12:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy