SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War imminent?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

More than conquerors

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2016/7/27 17:05
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: War imminent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLpGqGDDADdlnDI9ZQY0Fs0sd_hwpEQBhP&time_continue=251&v=z_dSvKKo-vQ

Switzerland is moving gold to the US. They say war is coming.

Why have all the Ukranian officials fled?
http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/07/confirmed-amidst-sharpening-crisis.html

2016/7/27 19:13Profile

Re: More than conquerors

Amen Julius!

We must remember these words!

But that doesn't mean these things shouldn't be looked at in reality.

You know what it reminds me of honestly? What if Agabus stood up in the book of Acts and prophesied the coming famine to Jerusalem for which preparations were made & someone stood up and said:

"Take no thought for the morrow, what you shall eat or drink or what you shall wear....seek the kingdom of God & all these things will be added into you".

Would there be truth in that statement? Of course! Jesus said it & had it recorded in red letters so it's true! However, if used an excuse to ignore a prophetic word of warning, it would be out of step with the spirit of God would it not? And it would have, in that case in particular, cost many lives. It would also be "despising prophecies". I'm not saying you're doing that, but sharing a warning in line with true prophetic words/warnings ISNT NECESSARILY "WORRYING".

I know what the Lord has shown me (in part through a glass dimly for sure, but nonetheless intense) & I am not "WORRIED" but I am not naive with my head in the sand of "Tony Robbins style optimism" either. 😊 If in cases where true prophetic warnings (prophetic words, prophetic dreams & visions, etc.) are sounded one is always getting such responses what it looks like is "practical cessationism". Where people say they aren't cessationists, but practically speaking where the rubber meets the road they are. Or they are the sole end all be all final judge of what is and isn't prophetic, from God, & what they consider "ridiculous".

This is important. No one should be running around in a fretful & worried spirit. I agree. But blowing a trumpet or sharing what the Lord has said &/or shown isn't always necessarily worry. The prophets all throughout scripture and time know this. And God still sent them.

Blessings,
Jeff

2016/7/27 19:20

Re:

Jesus was very measured and balanced in His teaching and preaching and with so many reading SI, I am grateful that I can post scriptures that provide a balance to Christian living.

2016/7/27 20:21
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Roger my man you need to find yourself some reputable news sources. You're going to drive yourself crazy.

2016/7/27 20:22Profile

Re:

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

2016/7/27 20:22
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Is War imminent?

I don't want to spread fear. I just see world events and pass on what is not reported in America. I realize we need to have trust in Jesus. I do. But at the same time there is wisdom in looking at events around us. Jesus said when you see these things happening around you will know the end is near. it's important to see things around us. I don't want war more than any other person. In reality, Jerusalem has been surrounded by many different armies for some time. The word didn't say they would all be fighting. Just surrounded.

2016/7/27 20:22Profile

Re:

I Love that verse Julius! Only in context it doesn't mean stick our heads in the sand when major world history events are starting to come up on the horizon around us. It's talking about not fearing punishment because we are loved by God (& so are free to love others). Let's look at it again, but in its actual Biblical context (which will show us it's original intent):

17By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

True as it says elsewhere that "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love & a sound mind", but again, what if such verses were quoted as a response at Agabus' prophecy in Acts? Or what if when Jeremiah, Hosea, Isaiah, Jonah etc. stood up and prophesied of impending judgement if the people didn't repent, the only response was "Joshua said fear not!" Someone actually did do something like that in Jeremiah actually now that I think about it. It was Hannaniah, the false prophet.

2016/7/27 20:59

Re:

Ahhh, that's great, you'll love this verse too, then.

2Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2016/7/27 21:05

Re:

Lol. Did you even read my post? I already quoted that one for you. 😊

But application of scripture & context is everything. If in WW2, standing in front of a German church building a saint told another one "a bomb!" As it dropped out of the sky, would you think an appropriate response would be just standing there and saying "perfect love casts out all fear"?

Or even as Hitler came to rise, what of those who refused to stand up & speak truth in the face of it and just said "our kingdom is not of this world"? Would that be an appropriate application of that scripture? That way of thinking would have saved Richard Wirmbrand a trip to prison, but he didn't do it.

The best example for an analogy is the one on Agabus prophesying about the famine & if someone would have quoted Jesus on "don't worry about tomorrow....take no thought for what you will eat or drink...seek ye first the kingdom of God & all these things will be added unto you.." Have you not at least considered that (you didn't respond to the question/idea I posed)? Or that people can look at the news & what's going on without "worrying"? Not worrying & occupying doesn't necessarily mean being a monastic hermit with his hand in the sand, you know? I'm not trying to be contentious or argumentative either friend, honestly. Have you even been open to consider what I'm saying at all?

2016/7/27 21:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy