SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Iran destroys 100,000 satellite dishes in crackdown

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Iran destroys 100,000 satellite dishes in crackdown

Iran destroyed 100,000 satellite dishes and receivers on Sunday as part of a widespread crackdown against the illegal devices that authorities say are morally damaging, a news website reported.

The destruction ceremony took place in Tehran in the presence of General Mohammad Reza Naghdi, head of Iran's Basij militia, who warned of the impact that satellite television was having in the conservative country.

"The truth is that most satellite channels... deviate the society's morality and culture," he said at the event according to Basij News. ...

read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-destroys-100-000-satellite-dishes-crackdown-114106490.html?ref=gs

2016/7/25 11:12Profile

Re: Iran destroys 100,000 satellite dishes in crackdown

Oh wow! In like 1994, there were 100,000 believers incIran. Today there are over 3,000,000 & the Gospel is spreading like a wildfire in the dry desert brush! And the enemy knows it and hates it. I am in constant contact with a brother there running a network of underground house churches & he said he feels like Billy Graham when he goes out and shares Christ! He said he shares Jesus with 10 people & 9 get saved & sometimes #10 gets mad but comes back in a year to be discipled also! Praise God! Where sin (& oppression) abound, Grace does all the more abound! Difference is, when Billy Graham evangelized he admitted that probably at most 10% of those who came forward probably got saved! Why? Because there was no cost to count. But in a land where turning to Christ from Islam means you are really putting Christ before your life and safety, it may not be 100% (it wasn't even that in the disciples around Jesus), but I trust that level of persecution & potential martyrdom, rejection by friends/family/society, honor killings, etc. to "thin the herd" & produce a much higher % of true converts that last.

The thing I wonder is what about Hormoz Shariot's "Iran Alive Ministries" show shot into Iran? A friend of mine's wife was radically saved through this ministry as were/are many others. Hormoz is of Iranian descent & preached the Gospel to his heritage people for many years. Hopefully Lord Willing it gets in still somehow, if even by radio? The woman I am speaking of is named "Padina". You can see her testimony here on YouTube under "Padina's Story" at the link below narrated by Hormoz of Iran Alive Ministries:

https://youtu.be/rVCj26fdJpQ

Lord, take what the enemy means for bad & make it for good for the Gospel's sake, like only you can Lord!

2016/7/25 15:19
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I was just telling some brethren last night that in Iran the believers largely are encouraged by the Christian TV station they can get through satellites, It was not surprising to read and report this the next day!

2016/7/25 15:46Profile

Re:

Hmmm. Owning a satellite dish is hurting the conservative country of Iran. Translation. Preaching the gospel is turning the hearts of Iranians from the oppression of the Iranian government and Islam.

May the gospel still go into the airways into Iran. Also may the general who presided over the destruction of the satellite dishes have an experience with the Man in White.

Simply my thoughts and prayer.

2016/7/25 17:48
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What effect would destruction of the ability to watch tv in the USA have? Might be a blessing.

2016/7/25 19:03Profile

Re:

Yeah amen Blaine and yeah, lol, amen TMK! 😊

2016/7/25 23:15

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy